PSA: Maxed Out 2 Packs and Holographic Cards

Andrea9281

I have been testing drop rates of Holographic cards for the last 4 or 5 weeks. They seem to be slightly improved relative to the start of 2k but I have never seen anything like this.

I've ripped nearly 600k worth of packs today (?) and got 4 holographic cards. They seem to have massively increased the drop rate, perhaps because of the "13 holographic card" skill challenge games. When the Pink Diamond Kobe packs came out in December, I pulled TWO PD Kobes without getting a single holo (1+ mill MT spent).

Note that I am making 0 claim that these packs are juiced otherwise. Buying packs is bad and you will usually not make your investment back. However, if you need the "My Precious" trophy on either generation, this is probably the best time yet to get that done.

On 18/3/2022 at 3:54 AM, Davey_East said:

Im pretty convinced they did juice the odds, I opened 4 packs (locker code, challenge and 2 singles) and managed to pull holo amethyst Duncan Robinson on my 4th!
Definitely worth having a few goes at pulling from these packs!

Congratulations! In which pack did you pull holo Robinson? I believed only premium packs would work (like maxed out 2)

4 hours ago, DooMReaperAX said:

Congratulations! In which pack did you pull holo Robinson? I believed only premium packs would work (like maxed out 2)

Yeah it was the maxed out 2 packs I managed to pull the robinson from! I had opened so many other packs over the last few months so definitely a good feeling to finish it off

18 hours ago, Davey_East said:

Yeah it was the maxed out 2 packs I managed to pull the robinson from! I had opened so many other packs over the last few months so definitely a good feeling to finish it off

Thanks for the info! Hope i'll pull an holo card too.. i hate rng trophies!

I got lucky and got my holo pretty early but that was the only one I had for a long time. While trying to get my OO 10 graded card the last couple weeks, I pulled about 200k worth of deluxe dynamic ratings packs and I pulled 5 or 6 holos. I'm also noticing them on the auction house more, so I think they definitely improved the odds. Finally got that 10 grade a few days ago. Took me a few hundred cards, and of course, I had another set of 10 still waiting and got another 10 in that box... 

Edited by MargsnCoffee

20 hours ago, MargsnCoffee said:

I got lucky and got my holo pretty early but that was the only one I had for a long time. While trying to get my OO 10 graded card the last couple weeks, I pulled about 200k worth of deluxe dynamic ratings packs and I pulled 5 or 6 holos. I'm also noticing them on the auction house more, so I think they definitely improved the odds. Finally got that 10 grade a few days ago. Took me a few hundred cards, and of course, I had another set of 10 still waiting and got another 10 in that box... 

Congrats! I haven't done any grading since I finally got my second one - I enjoy collecting the holographics so ripped packs for awhile JFF for that, but the graded look just is not good imo - my experience was similar to yours. On the other hand, I had friends get it within 50 cards ? Since card grading is tied to MT earnings I wouldn't expect them to increase the odds of a 10, unfortunately.

I opened a bunch of Dynamic rating card packs (3500 MT each pack only) and was able to get it by spending only about 50k. I had opened probably 200 packs prior to this through dominations, locker codes, objectives and daily login.

Any suggestion for getting a 10 graded card? Probably sent close to 250 already with no luck.

Also, what would be the best way to keep getting new players to send (as Original Owned are required)

21 hours ago, TheGrindMaster said:

I opened a bunch of Dynamic rating card packs (3500 MT each pack only) and was able to get it by spending only about 50k. I had opened probably 200 packs prior to this through dominations, locker codes, objectives and daily login.

Any suggestion for getting a 10 graded card? Probably sent close to 250 already with no luck.

Also, what would be the best way to keep getting new players to send (as Original Owned are required)

Grading cards is awful and RNG lol, I had a similar experience. I doubt they will make it easier to obtain in 2k22 so you just have to keep going at it. There doesn't seem to be any difference in the odds of getting a 10 graded from an outstanding premium card vs a garbage free one. My two 10 grades came from ruby Dell Curry (also a Holo) and gold Jarrett Culver. Friends have also generally got it with a base set/low value card.

Try to grade cards in batches of 10. People generally report this to have a higher chance of success, but that may just be simple maths when you need to get a 10 grade and have 10 opportunities to do it, vs grading singles and only having the one. Even if this is just anecdotal, you save MT grading in bulk, so you should still try to do it this way.

You already touched on some of the good ways to get players: domination, locker codes, objectives, and of course buying the cheap card packs when you have MT on hand. Heat check domination and dynamic ratings give you 1 00 player per game which is nice, especially if you use the games to grind objectives for other rewards.

The only other method I would add is the exchange. There's a recurring exchange opportunity where you can trade in 2 golds for an emerald, 2 emeralds for a sapphire, 2 sapphires for a ruby. This would normally be a horrible idea because whatever card you get wouldn't be worth giving away 2 other cards, but I think it actually makes sense for this specific objective because it gives you original owners whereas buying cards wouldn't.

So basically trade in two of your already graded golds to get a new emerald and so on. You can complete it once every hour I believe, though it may be once every day.

Also remember if you ever have duplicates of cards, you can send them to the auction house and they will retain 00 status when they return to your main collection, which should be done after you've graded and exchanged (or sold) the other copy. Useful if the exchange randomly gives you a player you already have (since you've graded 250 cards I'm guessing you have a lot of emerald - ruby players).

Edited by Andrea9281

On 3/27/2022 at 11:12 AM, Andrea9281 said:

Grading cards is awful and RNG lol, I had a similar experience. I doubt they will make it easier to obtain in 2k22 so you just have to keep going at it. There doesn't seem to be any difference in the odds of getting a 10 graded from an outstanding premium card vs a garbage free one. My two 10 grades came from ruby Dell Curry (also a Holo) and gold Jarrett Culver. Friends have also generally got it with a base set/low value card.

Try to grade cards in batches of 10. People generally report this to have a higher chance of success, but that may just be simple maths when you need to get a 10 grade and have 10 opportunities to do it, vs grading singles and only having the one. Even if this is just anecdotal, you save MT grading in bulk, so you should still try to do it this way.

You already touched on some of the good ways to get players: domination, locker codes, objectives, and of course buying the cheap card packs when you have MT on hand. Heat check domination and dynamic ratings give you 1 00 player per game which is nice, especially if you use the games to grind objectives for other rewards.

The only other method I would add is the exchange. There's a recurring exchange opportunity where you can trade in 2 golds for an emerald, 2 emeralds for a sapphire, 2 sapphires for a ruby. This would normally be a horrible idea because whatever card you get wouldn't be worth giving away 2 other cards, but I think it actually makes sense for this specific objective because it gives you original owners whereas buying cards wouldn't.

So basically trade in two of your already graded golds to get a new emerald and so on. You can complete it once every hour I believe, though it may be once every day.

Also remember if you ever have duplicates of cards, you can send them to the auction house and they will retain 00 status when they return to your main collection, which should be done after you've graded and exchanged (or sold) the other copy. Useful if the exchange randomly gives you a player you already have (since you've graded 250 cards I'm guessing you have a lot of emerald - ruby players).

Thanks, Andrea. I did not think about the exchange at all as I barely use it in the game, but it is a great suggestion. I am waiting for the season reset and new objectives to get some quick players and some luck on my side this time.

I read somewhere else that sending 3's have the best chance and I have been doing a lot of that. It also seems that another good idea might be to keep a few grading cards waiting to be opened, and open multiple boxes one after the other. Some people are reporting that they are getting it this way (but it could also be a fluke and not mean anything)

• 1 month later...