Apocalypse Can Wait

Xilanaz

hi,

For those who want to give this a try, here is my run on this trophy.

I feel its heavily RNG and I have no idea if I been lucky or not. I did feel lucky once I got the 16 drops and just needed the bosses and they came in perfect order but until then I did not :)

What needs to be done / what I did / info:

• get the 16 drops from trash mobs to make 4 sets of 4 items.
  • once you got a set of 4 complete and kill the related boss you get their drop (2 in case of the captive/captor), so in the end you need 21 drops
  • with the 21 drops talk to the dragon, kill end boss with dragon there
  • per run there is only 1 boss
    • floor 15 - Traveller
    • floor 20 - Priestess
    • floor 25 - Chanter
    • floor 30 - Captor & Captive
  • you can leave a run by either dying (never done that) or leaving the area to the left of the dragon
  • when you leave the area your savegame is adjusted, when you then start a new game make sure you select that save, you will get a starting bonus so you know you got the right one
  • in rogue mode there is only 1 save (as long as you keep same character name) so you won't mix them up, if you do different names then you might end up with more then 1 save game to import, make sure you select the correct one (the last one)
  • all the drops you have from the 16+5 set of items of the previous runs will be in the table, make sure to loot them when you start next run, you do not need to put them there before you leave the area
  • no other items will be carried over
  • the trophy states rogue mode, this is the default when you start a new game, I have no idea if this only counts for the final kill or all runs, I did not dare to experiment so did all runs in rogue mode, but on easy you really need to play bad to get killed/whiped so don't worry to much about it, it sounds worse then it is
  • in rogue mode you save when exiting to the main menu or click a drop from special mobs
  • you will see a portal at times, once you kill the 4 bosses you can go through and it will port you to the end boss, but it will not give you the trophy, you need to kill end boss with the dragon there, so don't bother
  • difficulty does not mater, so did it all on easy with deaths door on
  • do not bother about healing, go full dps,
  • do bother with ranged dps and lock picking, disarm traps and detecting illusionary walls
  • my party was rogue for lock/traps and heavy crossbow, 2 tanks up front, 3 elf rangers who are good at detecting (with leopard pet)
  • first run you can't make a full party right away, runs after that you always start with something you can sell to start with full party and get some good weapons at the start
  • until I got the 16 drops I did every level as thoroughly as I could, loot every mob and every chest and clean out every room
  • after the 16 drops I just ran through the levels as fast as I could on my way to the bosses
  • always talked through the whole conversation of the dragon, each time I entered a new run
  • it is booooooooring, each time levering the characters up, you get a feeling for the floors, deja-vu I guess.  There is nothing fun about this after the first 100 floors or so
  • did this on a PS4 classic, I could roughly do 8 levels till I either got a crash or was watching a slide slow. To avoid either I had to close the game after a save point and restart it, this was getting pretty frustrating very fast.  Back to main menu was not enough.
  • oh yes it is booooooooooring

so here are my stats:

run 1 (started with 0 drops)

• trash item drop floor: 14
  • boss: floor 15 Traveller
  • left this run at floor 32

run 2 (started with 1 drop from previous run)

• trash item drop floor: 12
  • left this run at floor 16

run 3 (started with 2 drops from previous run)

• trash item drops floor: 17,23,24
  • boss: floor 20 Priestess
  • left this run at floor 52  (i felt lucky with 3 drops so hoped for more)

run 4 (started with 5 drops from previous run)

• trash item drops floor: 12,17
  • boss: floor 30 Captor & Captive
  • left this run at floor 46

run 5 (started with 7 drops from previous run)

• trash item drops floor: none
  • left this run at floor 37

run 6 (started with 7 drops from previous run)

• trash item drops floor: none again
  • left this run at floor 31

run 7 (started with 7 drops from previous run)

• trash item drops floor: 12,15,16
  • left this run at 31

run 8 (started with 10 drops from previous run)

• trash item drops floor: 10

run 9 (started with 11 drops from previous run)

• trash item drops floor: 10,28
  • Captor and Captive set completed with these drops
  • Priestess set completed with these drops, sadly it was the drop after floor 20

run 10 (started with 13 drops from previous run)

• trash item drops floor: 12,14
  • boss: floor 25 Chanter
  • left this run at floor 36
  • Traveller set completed with these drops
  • First time killing Chanter, so all 4 bosses killed once, portal now transported me to end boss, but no trophy

run 11 (started with 15 drops from previous run)

• trash item drops floor: 5
  • boss drops from floor: 30 & 30
  • Completed the Chanter set
  • Both drops from the Captor and Captive
  • I felt lucky to have Captor and Captive out of the way, meant I just needed to go to floor 25 max from now on for the random boss

run 12 (started with 16+2 drops from previous run)

• boss drops from floor: 25
  • boss: floor 25 Chanter
  • left this run at floor 26
  • Felt even more lucky to now have this one out of the way, only max to floor 20 from now on

run 13 (started with 16+3 drops from previous run)

• boss drops from floor: 20
  • boss: floor 20, Priestess
  • left this run at floor 21
  • To much luck ? now just needed runs to floor 15

run 14 (started with 16+4 drops from previous run)

• boss drops from floor: none
  • boss: no idea, just needed boss on floor 15, he was not there so left
  • left this run at floor 16

run 15 (started with 16+4 drops from previous run)

• boss drops from floor: 15
  • boss: floor 15, Traveller
  • I continued up to floor 31 when party was around level 18 and had some good gear for tanks and good bows for the ranged, talked to dragon, final battle, done

so in total around 465 dungeon levels where needed, with around a restart every 8 floors I guess around 50 restarts

hopefully you will be more lucky and hopefully you wont have so many crashes as I did, not sure if its PS4 clasic related and it runs better on PS5.

-Xil

Edited by Xilanaz
spell error
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...

I think mine is bugged. I have all the other items, but it won't drop anything for the traveler.

Interview with the Weary Traveler
Mug of the Weary Traveler
Diary of the Weary Traveler
Scribble of the Weary Traveler

What a hassle...those items finally dropped, but now I can't get the game to spawn the Chanter on level 25. I wish there was a way to influence which boss spawns, cuz I'm having no luck.

Edited by ThatDrunkGuy

• 7 months later...