Upgrade Path for base game

Veritas7Ax

I’ve had the original PS4 disc of this game in my backlog for way too long now and was finally thinking of starting it soon. Not any complete edition or anything. It’s the original base game, so I don’t own any dlc yet.

I’m a little confused about whether or not there’s a PS5 upgrade path available, and if so, how I would be able to use it. Can I actually do an upgrade (whether it’s free or not) from PS4 to PS5?

I’m wondering if it would just make more sense to buy the collection? Since I’m thinking I might play Nioh 2 anyway if I like the first one enough. Plus it’ll have all the dlc. That said, I’d be a little “annoyed” having to buy the game a second time when I already own it on disc. Feels like a waste, but when you have a long backlog, these things happen sometimes.

I had the exact same problem with my backlog for Far Cry Primal I ended up buying it digitally and forgot I had a copy of it on disc, asked for a refund because it cost me $55 and they said no because I downloaded only 1MB of it, absolutely ridiculous. 

There is no upgrade for Nioh 1 but you can play it in your PS5 just pop the disc in. 

Gotcha, thanks for confirming that, guys. So basically there’s the PS4 version, and the remastered/PS5 version, but no upgrade between them. So I’ll stick with my disc version, maybe get the remastered/PS5 if it goes on sale since it does at least let you transfer saves, I think.

And then we’ll see about Nioh 2. Thanks again.

24 minutes ago, Veritas7Ax said:

Gotcha, thanks for confirming that, guys. So basically there’s the PS4 version, and the remastered/PS5 version, but no upgrade between them. So I’ll stick with my disc version, maybe get the remastered/PS5 if it goes on sale since it does at least let you transfer saves, I think.

And then we’ll see about Nioh 2. Thanks again.

Both games allow 2-way cross-save + trophy Auto-pop.