Online trophies migration?

opdt

15 minutes ago, opdt said:

Any idea for how long? PS3->PS4 autopop was time limited

The only reason they stopped the migration from PS3 to PS4 is because of all the hacking on PS3. People would glitch a lot of money on PS3 and then transfer that to PS4 to play on PS4. Rockstar didn't like that because they want people to buy sharkcards. They tried to stop the hacking but people kept on finding new ways.

In the end they made the bounty stuff (= run like the wind trophy) unavailable on PS3 and since that wasn't enough, they stopped the migration from PS3 to PS4 and they didn't bother anymore about the PS3 version being a mess in a public lobby.

3 minutes ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

Be aware guys that transferring your ps4 online stats to ps5 will wipe your ps4 charakter.

Were did you get that info from?
Edit: Nvm this question: I see you did the transfer yourself. Still wondering about my other question though.

It didn't when going from PS3 to PS4 and it would be weird to have that happen when going from PS4 to PS5.
It would stop people from continuing to play on both platforms and I would think Rockstar would want as many players as possible on both platforms.

Are you sure you can't switch back to your old char in the char selection menu?

I believe the transfer thing is a 'one time only' for the online part. Not yet clear about the offline part.

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

Be aware guys that transferring your ps4 online stats to ps5 will wipe your ps4 charakter.

This might not be exactly how it works, but definitely important to mention how character transfer work! Here's what I saw:

"What happens to my character on the current version once I transfer to E&E (PS5 version)?

Nothing. It will still be on the current version of the game and you can still play with it on the current version. At least while that version of the game is still supported. No progress between the characters will be shared between the current version and the E&E version. Once the character is transferred they become completely separate."
(source: https://www.reddit.com/r/gtaonline/comments/t6lvke/comment/hzckw0t/)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ya_Boy_James said:

This might not be exactly how it works, but definitely important to mention how character transfer work! Here's what I saw:

"What happens to my character on the current version once I transfer to E&E (PS5 version)?

Nothing. It will still be on the current version of the game and you can still play with it on the current version. At least while that version of the game is still supported. No progress between the characters will be shared between the current version and the E&E version. Once the character is transferred they become completely separate."
(source: https://www.reddit.com/r/gtaonline/comments/t6lvke/comment/hzckw0t/)

The game does warn you that the ps4 character will be deleted. I also checked the ps4 version and my character is 100% gone.

Edited by TheRealHardyBoy1
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

The game does warn you that the ps4 character will be deleted. I also checked the ps4 version and my character is 100% gone.

Hey! I was about to ask you if you could double check that, but you just edited your post. Thanks for the heads up, imagine having Doomsday half-way done and transferring to PS5! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

Can you tell anything more? Which trophies autopopped? is there 78 of them?

11 minutes ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

Yes all trophies do auto pop. If you want a fast auto pop completition you should transfer the online character first. Because you have to watch a short intro video :D

Sweet. ? Luckily I finally got the masterminds trophy over the weekend. Doomsday heist got repetitive after the second cmm run.

• Like 1

Anyone know if online trophies will still auto pop if I transfer my character from Xbox One to PS5? I originally transferred this character from PS3 to Xbox One in the first place and all my online trophies carried over accordingly then, so should be okay right?

11 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

I want to do the whole game again, avoiding selling my soul to the devil autopopping. Would someone be able to advise how to avoid it? 

Either unlink your account from the social club so it doesn't transfer your character, or you can choose to reset your online character entirely with career builder, which gives you 4 million dollars and puts you back at level 1 with no progress in the online

https://www.sportskeeda.com/gta/gta-online-career-builder-offers-4-million-expanded-enhanced-edition

22 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Either unlink your account from the social club so it doesn't transfer your character, or you can choose to reset your online character entirely with career builder, which gives you 4 million dollars and puts you back at level 1 with no progress in the online

https://www.sportskeeda.com/gta/gta-online-career-builder-offers-4-million-expanded-enhanced-edition

34 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

I want to do the whole game again, avoiding selling my soul to the devil autopopping. Would someone be able to advise how to avoid it? 

The game will let you choose between transferring a character or creating a new one. No need to unlink anything. When the game asks you to transfer your progress you can either press X to transfer or circle to don't transfer.

Edit: This is the screen I'm talking about

y5zqu4t.jpg

Just press Circle to not transfer your character.

Edited by TheRealHardyBoy1
  • Like 2

Well I know I'm not playing this version at all in my life now. I'll get out while I still can, from PS3 to PS4 you weren't allowed to send over single player progress and had to redo that part, I'd have preferred that here too. Rockstar has made some terrible design choices that currently make no sense, they're a multi billion dollar business but they've decided to try to cut off 90% of their console player base already. Most of their players don't have a PS5 or Xbox Series X yet so making them not cross gen and then deleting your character from PS4 or Xbox One is currently unacceptable, what if someone wants to play the newer version but then return to the older version to play with friends who can't get that newer version yet? They've made these design choices around 3 years too early and every other game with a PS5 version that has a huge focus on multiplayer just let's you keep your progress and play cross gen without any of this shit like manually transferring and being locked off. 

What if the PS4 version gets DLC trophies out of nowhere and you're then fucked because you transferred to PS5? Surely right now it's not intended because such a low percentage of their player population have a PS5 compared to people who don't. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

Damn... This is such a bad idea of them... If you have friends on both platforms and you decide to transfer, you'll have to start all over on PS4. Possibly just losing hundreds of hours of progress... :(

6 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Well I know I'm not playing this version at all in my life now. I'll get out while I still can, from PS3 to PS4 you weren't allowed to send over single player progress and had to redo that part, I'd have preferred that here too. Rockstar has made some terrible design choices that currently make no sense, they're a multi billion dollar business but they've decided to try to cut off 90% of their console player base already. Most of their players don't have a PS5 or Xbox Series X yet so making them not cross gen and then deleting your character from PS4 or Xbox One is currently unacceptable, what if someone wants to play the newer version but then return to the older version to play with friends who can't get that newer version yet? They've made these design choices around 3 years too early and every other game with a PS5 version that has a huge focus on multiplayer just let's you keep your progress and play cross gen without any of this shit like manually transferring and being locked off. 

What if the PS4 version gets DLC trophies out of nowhere and you're then fucked because you transferred to PS5? Surely right now it's not intended because such a low percentage of their player population have a PS5 compared to people who don't. 

I’m right with you too. I’m holding off from transferring for now (although it’s not out yet for me). Just unacceptable from Rockstar splitting the player base up.

• Like 1