Online trophies migration?

opdt

1 minute ago, ShotgunSquirrel said:

Is it possible to only transfer your online character and not story progression? I'd like to autopop the online trophies but earn the SP ones again. 

Yes, you have to use the uploader on the ps4 version to upload your single player save

https://charlieintel.com/how-to-transfer-gta-5-progress-to-next-gen-edition/165608/

9 minutes ago, Larzz said:

So it’s possible to play the single player and earn those trophies legit and then auto pop the online trophies? 

2 minutes ago, ShotgunSquirrel said:

Is it possible to only transfer your online character and not story progression? I'd like to autopop the online trophies but earn the SP ones again. 

Singleplayer will only autopop if you upload a save on PS4 so it's possible to autopop the online and replay the SP to earn them again.

3 minutes ago, ShotgunSquirrel said:

Yes, just don't upload your Story Progress on PS4 so the game won't even have the chance do download your SP progress.

I think the answer is quite clear, but I was hoping if there's a possibility to transfer my SP progression without the save file?

Basically, I have the platinum trophy on my PS4 but I've deleted my save file by mistake...

I know that online progression is saved on the Rockstar servers, but is there any way I can get my SP progression from there as well?

• Like 1

This is pretty crappy.

1) I have to hold off upgrading if I want to play with friends that don't have a PS5.

2) If I transfer and they add more trophies (I doubt it), then I would be starting from scratch on PS4.

My guess is that if they left your character on the last-gen version, you could essentially buy different things using the same money.

For example, I have about 21 mil saved up from all the free money they have been handing out. If my PS 4&5 characters were separate, I then have two characters that could buy different things. Other than this, I can't think of an explanation as to why they would delete the Ps4 version.

1 hour ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

The game will let you choose between transferring a character or creating a new one. No need to unlink anything. When the game asks you to transfer your progress you can either press X to transfer or circle to don't transfer.

Edit: This is the screen I'm talking about

Just press Circle to not transfer your character.

Exciting, if I choose no, would the $7 million I've racked up from the monthly millions be available for a new character would you or anyone else know?

7 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

This is pretty crappy.

1) I have to hold off upgrading if I want to play with friends that don't have a PS5.

2) If I transfer and they add more trophies (I doubt it), then I would be starting from scratch on PS4.

My guess is that if they left your character on the last-gen version, you could essentially buy different things using the same money.

For example, I have about 21 mil saved up from all the free money they have been handing out. If my PS 4&5 characters were separate, I then have two characters that could buy different things. Other than this, I can't think of an explanation as to why they would delete the Ps4 version.

Or they're already afraid people find ways to transfer the same account multiple times to different PS5 accounts duplicating money instead of buying shark cards.

But however you look at it, it's stupid. 

4 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

Exciting, if I choose no, would the $7 million I've racked up from the monthly millions be available for a new character would you or anyone else know?

Those millions were stated to be for the PS4 version so they won't all of the sudden show up on PS5 if you don't migrate your PS4 character.

I don't have my PS4 version of the game , but my character is on the social club. Will i be able to get my online character and online trophies ? Or it's like for the solo , you need to go on your ps4 version and transfert from it ? Thanks

EDIT : No need to to something on ps4 to get our character on PS5 if I understood the messages correctly.

Edited by Krove-34

To be fair I'm surprised that out of all the companies, the behemoth like R* did not implement cross-progression. This would make it easy for people to gradually migrate between console generations and they wouldn't need rely on their friends making the move at the same time.

27 minutes ago, DanielMcGiveron said:

Do all the online trophies definitely pop without any issues? I'll be pissed off if I have to do those Doomsday trophies again 1f62c.png

Yeah they all pop if you’ve gotten them all. You can see people getting the platinum or 100% already.

If i don't carry my character over for the mp does the trophies still autopop? I kind of want to start a new character. I never reached level 100 on PS4 and had a couple other mp trophies i never got.

Not worried about heist trophies. I don't like autopoping trophies, but if they are going to autopop any way then i will transfer my character over.