Online profile transfer issues; Important if you have not yet transferred!

pepijngamer

Some issues have already popped up for transferring your GTA Online profile.

First of all, if you have transferred your PS4 profile to PC before, you cannot transfer your PS4 profile to PS5 anymore, meaning you'll have to start over again. This issue has been solved!

Source:

Secondly, when you transfer your PS4 profile to PS5, your PS4 profile will be wiped! Especially if you still want to get some Online trophies out of the way on PS4, do those before you transfer!

Source:

If anyone runs into any other transferring issues, please do leave a reply, and I can update it here!

Edited by pepijngamer

4 minutes ago, pepijngamer said:

Secondly, when you transfer your PS4 profile to PS5, your PS4 profile will be wiped! Especially if you still want to get some Online trophies out of the way on PS4, do those before you transfer!

Source:

This second point is also already being discussed here: 

• Like 1

This is kinda a lame move from R*, please tell me this is a bug and not intended...

In any case I still don't have next gen console, I'll have to wait some more time and, I've games I want to finish before switch console. I hope the character transfer feature will last...

Edited by DeathNyx

11 hours ago, DeathNyx said:

This is kinda a lame move from R*, please tell me this is a bug and not intended...

In any case I still don't have next gen console, I'll have to wait some more time and, I've games I want to finish before switch console. I hope the character transfer feature will last...

Doesn't seem like it is a bug unfortunately. Not being able to play with my friends on PS4 sucks due to the low stock of the PS5 even after over a year.

45 minutes ago, Apocasyx said:

Doesn't seem like it is a bug unfortunately. Not being able to play with my friends on PS4 sucks due to the low stock of the PS5 even after over a year.

I can't believe it... they treat personal datas and achievements like junk, I mean why just not copy? They really need to delete your previous data? That's bullshit, like GTAO is not a time consuming game enough...

Ah yes they delete your files so you can start again and buy shark cards... 

Glad Ive seen this, even tho I don't have next gen yet. 

Edited by DeathNyx
  • Like 1

is there any time limit or can i do the online and story mode transfer in a month ? i havent 100% the ps4 version yet and am gonna start to do it soon . Dont wanna wipe my online character before finishing the ps4 version.

Also extra question. Can i autopop just the story mode trophies now. And after a while autopop the online ones?

On 3/14/2022 at 0:44 PM, pepijngamer said:

Some issues have already popped up for transferring your GTA Online profile.

First of all, if you have transferred your PS4 profile to PC before, you cannot transfer your PS4 profile to PS5 anymore, meaning you'll have to start over again.

Source:

Source:

If anyone runs into any other transferring issues, please do leave a reply, and I can update it here!

I just don't get why they had to delete old gen characters after the transfer, especially if your friends don't have the new consoles yet

It looks like they did fix the migration problem if you moved from ps4 to pc though

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 1

So I transferred my character from PS4 to PS5 this afternoon and it said it was successful. I went into online and I was greeted with the career builder and create a new character. I did that because I had no other options and when it was done, when I go into manage characters it only has my new one. I will see tomorrow if my chacter is on my PS4 version but when I went to migrate again it said that I didn't have any progress to migrate. I've got all trophies but the Doomsday Hiests so I'm not too worried but I was kind of looking forward to playing again since I hadn't played for about 7 years. I will be annoyed of my character all the way from the PS3 GTAO launch is just gone as there is legacy items that can't be obtained again. Will update if issue is resolved as I've contacted support.

14 hours ago, GJohny said:

is there any time limit or can i do the online and story mode transfer in a month ?

At the moment nothing is known about this, but I think it is safe to assume that at some point Rockstar will remove the possibility to transfer, especially for Online, as they did for transferring from PS3 to PS4. We can only hope that they will announce it when that time comes.

This is just stupid.. I really do love GTA V and was going to play this but with the online transferring issue I am contemplating whether to just play the game from fully scratch again including the single player because I enjoyed it this much. But is the upgrade really worth it graphics wise etc? I ain't going to transfer my online progress when all my friends haven't even got a PS5..

3 hours ago, PSwifty95 said:

This is just stupid.. I really do love GTA V and was going to play this but with the online transferring issue I am contemplating whether to just play the game from fully scratch again including the single player because I enjoyed it this much. But is the upgrade really worth it graphics wise etc? I ain't going to transfer my online progress when all my friends haven't even got a PS5..

You can always just download the online portion since it’s free and see yourself what it’s like graphically from another account if you’re worried about trophies not popping correctly for you or losing your PS4 progress. For me personally, 60fps is nice, the dualsense features are nice but could’ve been implemented better. Overall it’s not the least bit impressive though. It’s about as much effort as you’d expect from rockstar these days and it still really is absolute minimal effort, and this is after a six month delay, which is funny. I knew they wouldn’t add any of the extra weapons or vehicles to single player because they probably break some missions, but I was expecting them to at least include the extra radio stations and all of the songs they added over the years from online to SP, but they didn’t even do that.