The worst collectibles trophy you've gone for

AJ_Radio

Probably Dying light 2 for me. They aren't bad for the most part but then there's collectibles that are either locked behind missable quests or straight up bugged so the only way to get em would be by finding someone that's playing the quest you need online and hope you can even join or not be kicked out due to sever instability. Why the devs thought misssble collectibles in a massive open world game was a good idea is beyond me.

Red dead redemption 2 is another one I did on my old account that was an awful grind at launch cause the lack of guides and sheer amount of stupid shit you had to run around collecting. Still remember spending several hours just looking for certain animals then there's the pigeon that too me 10 hours..fun times. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, kkulifay said:

Assassins Creed Unity. Over 400 collectibles (294 scattered chests and 128 cockades). 

AC Valhalla could be a contender, but I’m only in the beginning stages of England. At least these collectibles are more entertaining and less monotonous as AC Unity’s. 

After doing Rogue’s collectibles. That halts me from going back to Unity.

But for me I’d have to say The Forest was rough for me.

38L4c546a.png

Find all 45 missing passengers

This really isn’t as hard as you think. Especially if you beat the game once and now have creative. But I swear to god running around the entire island isn’t fun. Along with having to explore all the caves too sense some of them are inside the cave. Along with the fact that this trophy can be buggy and won’t mark the passenger found even though you literally were standing right next to it. Took a week of struggling. 

35Lf74528.png

Another one from The Forest could be Crafting all items in the game. GOD THE FRUSTRATION. If you didn’t mark down everything you crafted. Your life would be a nightmare. Along with some lists being outdated saying you don’t need to craft this, or do craft this. Can make it even harder. This one is also very buggy too.

• Like 4

for me I think the worse collectiables are ones like the rage 1's cards before the dlc basically made it easier to get them. Alone in the dark with the roots of evil bs as they were annoying to get done.

Last two I can think of is wolfenstein 2's shitty collectables and or la noires collectables.

I will say red dead 2's collectables is just painful but I have not done it fully yet so I can't say that is the worse yet 

• Like 1

wheelman cat statues and jumps i almost went crazy trying to figure out what i was missing and maps was super bad at telling u where they were

Alan wake collectables inwhich you needed to collect pages on nightmare as well

Farcry 2 diamond cases.

Also forgot to say the final fantasy 13 weapons needed for treasure hunter, the amount of farming i needed to do and planning not selling weapons that is made into the weapons needed

Edited by lucky0ne16
  • Like 1

For me it would probably be All the Right Moves from Just Cause 4 because I saved all the collectibles to the very and and that was a bad mistake. in total for just one set of collectibles which included the ones for All the Right Moves was 436 different stunts. The wing-suit ones were the hardest so i left them for the very final one i went for but i was so burnt out by the time i got to them i had to take a five month break before i actually did them.

• Like 3

I don´t know if they count as collectibles, but the materials from Bullet Girls Phantasia give me nightmares to this day. They are crystals that boost your weapons and there are 532 different ones in the game. They are droped by enemies but every one of them has different conditions (level,difficulty) plus there is an drop rate for every one of them. I think I grinded a week, only to get the last 10 or so.

One collectible I gave up on (for the moment) are the Figments in Psychonauts. Half transparent collectibles that can fly (float) through the levels and their are over 100 of them in some levels are as fun to collect as it sounds.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies everyone...

6 hours ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Those damn pigeons in GTA IV, there was no in game counter, and it was up to Jesus if you would get it or not, for me the trophy never popped.....fml never again.

They were horrible. Played it back on the Xbox 360, have no intention of EVER playing the PS3 version. With how old the game is now, and given the age of the online servers, I don't think I have it in me to even attempt to finish it.

6 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Red dead redemption 2 is another one I did on my old account that was an awful grind at launch cause the lack of guides and sheer amount of stupid shit you had to run around collecting. Still remember spending several hours just looking for certain animals then there's the pigeon that too me 10 hours..fun times. 

Red Dead Redemption 1 is easily in my top five games of all time. Collectibles, while it took me years to actually get around to all of them, weren't all too bad as I felt the game was solid.

Red Dead Redemption 2 on the other hand, looks pretty daunting. While the requirements were changed, particularly the gold medal grind for the missions, the various collectibles sound like it would take 20, 30, 40 hours. Yikes.

6 hours ago, Borkinian said:

Knack 1 with the Diamond Knack pieces.

Collectables suck but making them a RNG collectable with an insanely low drop rate is a bit to far, and you need 10 of them.  Chapter select doesn't help since the collectables don't spawn and if you want to switch difficulties you need to start a new game.  While the full Knacks carry over, the progress towards them does not meaning starting on hard is a big problem if you need to farm later down the road (which you will) because checkpoints typically place you a while away from the collectables.  A ton of relaunching the game just to have zero luck sucks.  By the end of 1 play-through I had 1 out of 10.

This game is actually on my backlog. For some people it took them a couple playthroughs, for others I heard it can take as many as eight playthroughs.

I absolutely hate RNG based stuff, but I know very little about this game other than it was a PS4 launch title and it was on PS Plus.

6 hours ago, kkulifay said:

Assassins Creed Unity. Over 400 collectibles (294 scattered chests and 128 cockades). 

AC Valhalla could be a contender, but I’m only in the beginning stages of England. At least these collectibles are more entertaining and less monotonous as AC Unity’s. 

3 hours ago, Copanele said:

Shouldn't be any surprise from my side....top worst collectible I've been after is by far AC Unity's :silver: Curiosity trophy. Let's share the map of Paris again, shall we? (with some chests already collected because I could not find the ACTUAL full chested map)

CSX8jx1W0AEMu_J.jpg

Honorable mentions should go to Arkham City's Riddler trophies and AC Origin's 100% map completion. But in terms of PTSD and "WHY UBISOFT?", AC Unity takes the cake.

God.... that just looks horrible to see. Took me several days to get all the chests in Unity. It was fun when you had to pick a level 3 door, kill some dudes, then pick a level 3 chest. Extremely tedious, definitely one of the worst collectibles I've gone for.

Arkham Knight's Riddler trophies is worse... actually. Assassin's Creed Origins wasn't too bad. But I completely gave up on Odyssey for 100% map completion. Absolute aids, that one.

6 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

"I hope I don't have to collect any fucking feathers."

Sgt. Rex 'Power' Colt - Far Cry Blood Dragon

...Fucking Ubisoft.

Sgt. Rex 'Power' Colt obviously didn't do too many collectibles if the feathers from Assassin's Creed II were bad for him.

5 hours ago, Lonemankane said:

for me I think the worse collectiables are ones like the rage 1's cards before the dlc basically made it easier to get them. Alone in the dark with the roots of evil bs as they were annoying to get done.

Last two I can think of is wolfenstein 2's shitty collectables and or la noires collectables.

I will say red dead 2's collectables is just painful but I have not done it fully yet so I can't say that is the worse yet 

The Car Fanatic trophy sucked in LA Noire. All the cars are basically formulaic 1940s era American model vehicles. Contrary to what some people may say about current society feeling samey and a bit formulaic, the Post War period was actually worse when it came to styles and fashion. Thankfully the PST.org guide for Car Fanatic helped me greatly, as you can utilize a certain method to find all the cars.

The Film Reels were actually worse for me. Never will forget the one that was actually inside a train tunnel, with the only way to grab it was to simply drive into the tunnel.

What is amusing is the fact that the PS4 remaster added even more damn collectibles for 100% completion. Why couldn't they of added a DLC trophy list for the Consul's Car story case? Missed opportunity.

For Wolfenstein II, I just know the helmets are horrible.

4 hours ago, demonoid321 said:

Going for all of the collectables in Assassins Creed Valhalla was most definitely the worst for me. 782 collectables not including the DLC which have basically no purpose at all but to add a shit ton more hours of gameplay for no reason at all.

Valhalla and Chronicles are the only two in the series I haven't actually played. The flags from the original Assassin's Creed would be my vote for worst collectibles in the franchise, but it doesn't contain a trophy list.

The way you have to go to gain the collectibles in Valhalla sound like a chore.

4 hours ago, Furstyboys said:

For me it would probably be All the Right Moves from Just Cause 4 because I saved all the collectibles to the very and and that was a bad mistake. in total for just one set of collectibles which included the ones for All the Right Moves was 436 different stunts. The wing-suit ones were the hardest so i left them for the very final one i went for but i was so burnt out by the time i got to them i had to take a five month break before i actually did them.

This trophy took me several days to get. Most were easy, but some were extremely annoying because of having to use the tethers in a creative manner. There was one stunt where I had to attach a vehicle to the windmill and then ride the fucking thing up so I can get the stunt finished. Took me 30 minutes to pull off.

4 hours ago, Lars said:

Haven't played this one but i can imagine this is very tedious. Two games from your post immediately came to my mind thinking about this which were Enslaved and Infamous 1, in Enslaved i think i had about 6 chapters that i had to replay 3 or more times.

In Infamous i had all but 1 shard, which is horrendous in a game without any way to track them, had a map, i did go to all places but couldn't find it. After a full day of searching i had to start a new game and collect them all again, then i finally got it.

It is. Extremely missable, a bunch of the pickups are extremely well hidden so you basically have to watch video guides from start to finish. Sucks the fun out of playing the game.

Just finished Enslaved a couple weeks ago. Didn't have the orb glitch problem like some others did but I had the Premium Edition of the game, so maybe it was fixed. Who knows. Chapter 5 was the WORST, big open area with a bunch of orbs scattered in easy to miss locations.

I printed a map from the start and checked off each blast shard one by one in inFamous because of the horror stories I read about. Took me a long time to get, and those shards are the reason why I will not replay inFamous 1. Hasn't exactly aged that well either.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Just finished Enslaved a couple weeks ago. Didn't have the orb glitch problem like some others did but I had the Premium Edition of the game, so maybe it was fixed. Who knows. Chapter 5 was the WORST, big open area with a bunch of orbs scattered in easy to miss locations.

Same here. The OCD in me worried about being glitched out of 100%, but everything turned out OK. Stellar game well worthy of the ''hidden gem'' label according to me. Really liked the Pigsy DLC to.

• Like 3

If looking for all animals counts as collectibles then it is definitely RDR2. At least this one took the longest. Besides that it would be Assassin's Creed Rogue, since it just became a big slog fest.

Collectibles are always bad if they have no purpose in the game but only give you trophies imo.

• Like 1