The worst collectibles trophy you've gone for

AJ_Radio

Is anyone forgetting Infamous and the bloody blast shards? Now that was a chore. Even after cross referencing with multiple maps, somehow I always missed one until probably like the 5th or 6th time I tried, I finally got it but what a chore that was

• Like 1

Card Master - Megadimension Neptunia VII

19L2f099a.png

Here, you need to complete the collection, but the real problem is the last 4 Ultra Rare cards.

To get these cards, you need CPU chips.

The only way to get them, is destroying parts in some enemies, so even here you need to be lucky.

Completely RNG dependant, even reloading your save countless times, some cards took hours, maybe days to show up, RNGesus here is merciless.

I've grinded outfits in idolmaster plat star for a couple years on/off now. Still don't have it. I'd estimate it could take anywhere between 250-500 hours without DLC. All that time just playing a song and hoping for a drop over and over again with zero variation. Dunno if DLC helps with the drop rates, tho

Edited by mecharobot

2 minutes ago, JusttJD said:

Dark Souls 3 Covenant items, and doing all of them... off-line.
Never... again...

that's what I was about to write, I'm doing them right know... oh man. I've gained something like 40 levels meanwhile, just farming silver knights?

• Like 1

I’m one of these weirdos that actively enjoys collectibles! Jedi fallen order stretched my tolerance though! 

RDR2 was fine for the most part. Going back and finding the creatures for the squirrel statue is a step too far even for me though! The rng is just horribly frustrating. Collecting things is one thing, not being able to collect them because of rng is another though!

• Like 1

Geez, Shenmue 3 has A LOT of this nonsense, pick almost any non-story related trophy and there you go...

Expert herbalist :silver:: You have to collect all available herbs in the game, that's 399 herbs total!!!...

Angler Extraordinaire :gold:: You have to catch a cumulative of 1.000 fishes...yeah...1.000!!! what the hell were they thinking! :facepalm:

Capsule Hero :gold:: Yeah...the capsule toys are back.

Technique Master :gold:: There's a lot of skill books to collect and buy...50 to be precise.

City Magnate:silver: and King of Gamblers :gold:: Money and token related...

And there's more from the DLC but you got the point by now...

14 hours ago, ShinySpidey said:

that's what I was about to write, I'm doing them right know... oh man. I've gained something like 40 levels meanwhile, just farming silver knights1f602.png

The skeletons down in the crypts... I still have nightmares about them.

Think I spend 3 days, 12 hours each day farming them.

Even going a entire day... without a single drop that resulted in my one and only rage quit during the PS4 generation. (Which resulted in a PS4 controller flying through the room :P )

• Like 1

A bit of a weird one, but getting the peacekeeper gun in BF1. There was no trophy related to getting this, but i wanted to do it anyways. Was quite the chore, had to for example take a video of you in a level, take that video to a computer (while still on the game). Then you turned that video into a sound file and look at the wave form of that and make that into a morse code and then go back to the game and activate the right things in the same map you still were on. That was just one part of the puzzle.

• Like 1

Assassin's Creed Unity with the Curiosity trophy. God I hated that trophy. Was fun sightseeing Paris while doing it but there was nothing remotely interesting about opening the chests other than getting some extra money. First time I played Unity this trophy was bugged for me so I had to replay the entire game (6 years later)  to collect those stupid chests.......

12 hours ago, BenHarveyMusic said:

Got to say, collecting everything in Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga has completely drained me. Wont be returning to another Lego game anytime soon.. 

The collectathon at the end of Lego games are usually my favourite part. The Skywalker Saga was great for me because there was so much to do in freeplay after the story. But if you don't like that stuff, Skywalker Saga must have been an awful drag for you.

14 hours ago, JusttJD said:

The skeletons down in the crypts... I still have nightmares about them.

Think I spend 3 days, 12 hours each day farming them.

Even going a entire day... without a single drop that resulted in my one and only rage quit during the PS4 generation. (Which resulted in a PS4 controller flying through the room :P )

It's been a few years now since I played thru a Souls game. I farmed slimes for a number of hours in Dark Souls 1 to get the necessary mats needed for upgrades.

I poured thousands of hours into Runescape and World of Warcraft mostly grinding, so maybe I'm just sadistic when it comes to grinding in general unless it's something truly horrific. Got extremely lucky with the Pure Bladestone drop in the original Demon's Souls, took me 30 - 40 minutes to get it. For others, they spent as long as 30 - 40 hours for that one drop.

6 hours ago, Neocarleen said:

The collectathon at the end of Lego games are usually my favourite part. The Skywalker Saga was great for me because there was so much to do in freeplay after the story. But if you don't like that stuff, Skywalker Saga must have been an awful drag for you.

I'm honestly not opposed to collecting stuff in games especially if its fun, however I felt that half of the collectibles were really unnecessary and not fun at all. Some of the mini kits and challenges were good, however the kyber bricks just dragged. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m not bothered by collectibles usually but still looking back I think these which have already been mentioned a few times were my worst, they are maybe not as bad as I’m remembering but for me certainly the most boring.

Assassins Creed Unity - chests chests and more chests, pretty much every AC game but this one bothered me the most.

Clap-Trap DLC - RNG gave up couldn’t be bothered anymore.

DBZ Xenoverse - Please drop the items that I need seriously bruv I don’t have all day damn.

For me it's gotta be getting all Medals in Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory. Bandai is a terrible publisher and removed Cyber Sleuth from PSN and playing/platting that game would make getting these 700 medals a bit easier. Thing is: most medals are gotten from pachinko machines in the game, so, you have to keep track of all the medals you've got from each machine and keep pressing "x" until you've got it all. Literal hours standing there doing nothing but pressing X. Oh, each sping costs you money so you better get your money grinding KingNunemons team ready with their Billionaire USB (which aren't actually easy to get).

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Watch Dogs 1 - Disk Space Full trophy, for getting 23 songs by either hacking the phones of random civilians, or use the SongSneak app at various businesses throughout Chicago.

31Lb03fdb.png

Garbage collectible based trophy, but it wouldn't be an Ubisoft game if they didn't have Assassin like sync towers and at least one annoying collectible.

All of LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2. The first LEGO Marvel games was overblown with collectables to the point that the actual story levels were kind of an afterthought, but the second game took it to an idiotic level. The levels are long and sprawling, with a lot of multistep unlocks. And then the goddamn overworld. Huge, largest ever seen in a LEGO games. But just coated in complicated puzzles, long follow quests, twitchy races and pixel hunting. I loves me some LEGO games but that one was really pushing my buttons. It's the DK64 of LEGO games.