Chaos difficulty

On 17/03/2022 at 8:44 AM, Tosnightmare said:

This is not working for me. When you say options, you mean abort the mission or going back to the tile screen? Also, was the level 8 mission a new one for you? 

Edit: It worked. When you die against the endboss instead of continue just press return to the world map. Thank you Luckyegg! 

I just got the physical edition of the game - wanted to check if you were playing on patch v1.001 when you were able to do it so I know whether to download the patch or not, thanks!

On 3/16/2022 at 4:49 PM, starcrunch061 said:

They screwed up difficulty? They did difficulty so well with Nioh.

I mean Nioh is great and did a lot of great things with difficulty and NG+ but Nioh 1 had a trophy that implied you had to play through NG+ to unlock it but all you had to do was unlock NG+.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/5812-nioh/12-making-rounds

22 minutes ago, SolidDiablo said:

I mean Nioh is great and did a lot of great things with difficulty and NG+ but Nioh 1 had a trophy that implied you had to play through NG+ to unlock it but all you had to do was unlock NG+.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/5812-nioh/12-making-rounds

Yeah, but you still had to beat the last mission to get it, right? 

But that being said, I was thinking of the DLC trophy that required you to beat everything on Way of the Demon (NG++). But that wasn’t main game.

EDIT: Ah, nevermind. Although it said two circuits, you only needed to beat NG to do that.

Edited by starcrunch061

Tbh i think this whole Chaos Mode is complete Dogshit. Not Trophywise but in Terms of Gamemechanics. Why do you have to unlock every Mission again. And its not a "do it in 10 minutes" Quest. Its grinding over and over for 10+ Hours.

And pls dont come with "Just farm the Griffon" i know this Method exist but even with that you have to farm over 8000 Shards to unlock every Mission.

This whole Chaos Mode killed my whole mood to playing this Game even after the Plat Trophy. I actually thought it would be fun to grab some Friends and do them in coop, build some Builds or just try some Bosses on the highest Difficulty possible.

• Like 1

On 18/03/2022 at 6:20 PM, theoutlawtorn3 said:

I just got the physical edition of the game - wanted to check if you were playing on patch v1.001 when you were able to do it so I know whether to download the patch or not, thanks!

I wanted to know the same thing. My console keeps installing the update on it's own I can't stop it lol 

10 hours ago, DantoriusD said:

Tbh i think this whole Chaos Mode is complete Dogshit. Not Trophywise but in Terms of Gamemechanics. Why do you have to unlock every Mission again. And its not a "do it in 10 minutes" Quest. Its grinding over and over for 10+ Hours.

And pls dont come with "Just farm the Griffon" i know this Method exist but even with that you have to farm over 8000 Shards to unlock every Mission.

This whole Chaos Mode killed my whole mood to playing this Game even after the Plat Trophy. I actually thought it would be fun to grab some Friends and do them in coop, build some Builds or just try some Bosses on the highest Difficulty possible.

Yeah no joke. The story playthrough was so amazing, but the post game content is kinda bad. The fact that each mission takes like 200+ Anima Crystals to unlock the level 300 version is a dumb decision. 

Hi!
I have a little doubt. I unlocked the game endgame, and I don't like xD
I've noticed that the trophy percentages of completing the game in chaotic mode are higher than completing a mission at level 200 or above. How is that possible given that the game's final mission is at least level 210? They should go out together.
What am I missing?

3 minutes ago, Siriodorione said:

Hi!
I have a little doubt. I unlocked the game endgame, and I don't like xD
I've noticed that the trophy percentages of completing the game in chaotic mode are higher than completing a mission at level 200 or above. How is that possible given that the game's final mission is at least level 210? They should go out together.
What am I missing?

If you read the thread, you'd see the trophy is glitched and will pop as soon as you clear any mission on CHAOS difficulty.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DantoriusD said:

"Just farm the griffon"? What are you talking about?

I need to farm crystals for level my class to 99.

38 minutes ago, felidraziken said:

"Just farm the griffon"? What are you talking about?

I need to farm crystals for level my class to 99.

Unlock the "Phantoms of the Past" Storymission in Hollowed Massif.

Just run trough all of the Enemys till the 3rd Savepoint (for the Dark Vein and the Ogre after the 2nd Savepoint you just have to survive because there is a Avalanche coming which opens a new Part so you can skip the Dark Vein)

Kill the Griphon and he drops 1 Anima Crystal every Time, reset at the Savepoint, Kill Gryphon again.....over and over. With Axes its not even a 5 second fight once he drops a Axe. 

You could either farm this Mission for Hours or unlock the same Mission on lvl 300 and do the Same but on 300 he drops 3 Anima Crystals.

Alittle glad the chaos trophy is glitched. Lol well I'm enjoying the hell outta the game it's all I've been playing since the last demo dropped...

I'm having a hell of a time with crystal bosses lol. I had to drop difficulty down to clear them x.x

Maybe I'm just trash but man they are relentless

9 minutes ago, DantoriusD said:

Unlock the "Phantoms of the Past" Storymission in Hollowed Massif.

Just run trough all of the Enemys till the 3rd Savepoint (for the Dark Vein and the Ogre after the 2nd Savepoint you just have to survive because there is a Avalanche coming which opens a new Part so you can skip the Dark Vein)

Kill the Griphon and he drops 1 Anima Crystal every Time, reset at the Savepoint, Kill Gryphon again.....over and over. With Axes its not even a 5 second fight once he drops a Axe. 

You could either farm this Mission for Hours or unlock the same Mission on lvl 300 and do the Same but on 300 he drops 3 Anima Crystals.

Bro what? Just play the mission "Coral Memories: Greedy". You just gotta open one of five treasure chests to find the Trident. If you are lucky, it will spawn in the first one. The level 300 mission gives you 13 crystals and you can beat it in a minute if you're lucky and maybe 5 if you aren't. 

• Like 1

Not to rain on everybody's parade but I think as soon as you get the chaos trophy you might wanna continue playing and get that top gear for the inevitable 3 DLC's that'll happen in the future. Those will most likely have you clear the DLC on chaos difficulty or higher if they decide to implement a higher difficulty. If you're just going for the plat then just disregard everything I said here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Xugoshi said:

Not to rain on everybody's parade but I think as soon as you get the chaos trophy you might wanna continue playing and get that top gear for the inevitable 3 DLC's that'll happen in the future. Those will most likely have you clear the DLC on chaos difficulty or higher if they decide to implement a higher difficulty. If you're just going for the plat then just disregard everything I said here.

Why?

You can just join a mission on the highest level and you'll get level 300 gear in 5 minutes of playing that mission. I'm assuming you could do the same thing for the DLC if they add more trophies.

20 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Why?

You can just join a mission on the highest level and you'll get level 300 gear in 5 minutes of playing that mission. I'm assuming you could do the same thing for the DLC if they add more trophies.

I guess, if they're easy to find?

4 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Bro what? Just play the mission "Coral Memories: Greedy". You just gotta open one of five treasure chests to find the Trident. If you are lucky, it will spawn in the first one. The level 300 mission gives you 13 crystals and you can beat it in a minute if you're lucky and maybe 5 if you aren't. 

Griphon is still faster. The Setup takes little bit of Time but once your there it takes around 10-15 seconds to kill and reset which gives 3 Crystals everytime. Makes 12 per Minute. And aside of the "Coral Memories" Quest you dont have to go trough Loadingscreens. And you dont waste time if the Trident isnt in the First Chest. And you still have the Chance of good Loot.

For 1 Time the Trident Quest is by far the fastest but when it comes to Crystals per Hour then Griphon is more efficient.

Edited by DantoriusD

8 hours ago, DantoriusD said:

Griphon is still faster. The Setup takes little bit of Time but once your there it takes around 10-15 seconds to kill and reset which gives 3 Crystals everytime. Makes 12 per Minute. And aside of the "Coral Memories" Quest you dont have to go trough Loadingscreens. And you dont waste time if the Trident isnt in the First Chest. And you still have the Chance of good Loot.

For 1 Time the Trident Quest is by far the fastest but when it comes to Crystals per Hour then Griphon is more efficient.

I don't remember, what is the griffin's mission? In which dungeon?

22 minutes ago, PETMAN3000 said:

The one in Hallowed Massif (southwest) called "Phantoms of the Past"

Thank you!
Anyway, I'm doing everything in the Malboro mission. I go to the chest with the key and in 30 seconds I am with him, 2/3 minutes and I beat him (being very careful). I have come to unlock the level 180 mission which gives me 12 crystals. All this in 3/4 hours. Now I am missing about fifty crystals and I get to 99 :)

i just unlocked Chaos - and was going to go to the mission that the Trophy guide recommends for farming -
Do i need to finish the 1st mission (Illusion at journeys end) -- as every mission other then this, has a pad lock on them, and im a bit confused, 

(Can't even fkn scratch boss on chaos xD I got tired of Normal and just finished the game on casual bleh) 

nvm, apparently i had to spend crystals to unlock the mission - weird

edit: incase any one is wondering, about 2.5 hours of farming the Hippogriff on Phantoms of the past mission lv 220. 2 Crystals per kill; to get enough to max out 1 job from Lv 43 To 99. Takes 273 crystals. Unsure if mission level effects amount droped - playing it on lower setting would make it abit faster. by bout 3 seconds per kill i would assume
( 273 / 2 = 136.5 / 60 = 2.27 hours)

Edited by Blackmist_FFXI