Do this if you want to know which trophies will auto-pop.

omnx-supak

So I just popped all the online trophies expect a few from Rockstar editor now my single player trophies didn't pop so ima have to do them again since I lost PS4 save even though my social club showed me having earned all the single player trophies which is weird but it's ok I'll go through it again 

I’m just wondering what we all have in common when it comes to people who’s online trophies didn’t auto pop, what caused it. For me I believe and I’m not the only one but when I was at the migrating loading screen it was loading for 30 min or so so I closed app and when I got back on the game it went straight to the main menu giving me the choice to join a online session but it skipped the part we’re it was suppose to tell me that my character was successfully migrated so maybe that’s what caused the other trophies not to pop. But I doubt everybody who’s having issues didn’t close app like me when the migrating loading screen took forever. 

1 hour ago, FASTFIVE_013 said:

Does somebody know how to pop just the online trophies? I want to play the story mode again, but dont want to auto pop all of the story trophies? Thx

Just make sure you don’t upload your save to the social club and you won’t autopop any of the story trophies. To pop all of the online trophies, make sure you migrate your character. Hope this helps. ?

47 minutes ago, Apocasyx said:

Just make sure you don’t upload your save to the social club and you won’t autopop any of the story trophies. To pop all of the online trophies, make sure you migrate your character. Hope this helps. 1f642.png

Thx I will try that. But I still need some online trophies on the PS4 from the Heist DLC and Doomsday heist. Best to wait till I earn them on PS4 and then autopop them on PS5?

1 minute ago, FASTFIVE_013 said:

Thx I will try that. But I still need some online trophies on the PS4 from the Heist DLC and Doomsday heist. Best to wait till I earn them on PS4 and then autopop them on PS5?

Yes it’s best to earn them first on PS4 and it’ll autopop on PS5, otherwise you have to do do those you missed on PS5. 

2 hours ago, Apocasyx said:

Just make sure you don’t upload your save to the social club and you won’t autopop any of the story trophies. To pop all of the online trophies, make sure you migrate your character. Hope this helps. ?

OK thats wirred for me. 

So i Start a New game with the PS4 version. 

Play Mission 1 and save. Than i Start the ps5 Version and my Story trophies will Pop? 

Correkt? 

I've got all trophies on PS4 including all dlc ones. On my R* social, it also shows 77/78 like other people mentioned here.

On my GTAO on the PS4 version, I see that I have completed all awards relating to the trophies I earned, eg. Criminal Mastermind, Elitist, etc. However on R* Social, the awards don't all show completely. Most importantly, the Criminal Mastermind II, III, IV only show 1/29. Not sure why.

So, should I risk loading up on PS5 for the autopop? I really don't want to redo all the Criminal Mastermind and Elitist trophies. Those were the absolute worst trophies for me as I'm not a hardcore GTAO player.

8 hours ago, vinster said:

I've got all trophies on PS4 including all dlc ones. On my R* social, it also shows 77/78 like other people mentioned here.

On my GTAO on the PS4 version, I see that I have completed all awards relating to the trophies I earned, eg. Criminal Mastermind, Elitist, etc. However on R* Social, the awards don't all show completely. Most importantly, the Criminal Mastermind II, III, IV only show 1/29. Not sure why.

So, should I risk loading up on PS5 for the autopop? I really don't want to redo all the Criminal Mastermind and Elitist trophies. Those were the absolute worst trophies for me as I'm not a hardcore GTAO player.

They all will autopop. Social club isn't the best way to view your achievements since they seemed kinda bugged. I was in the same boat as you. Showed 77/78 for me and all my criminal masterminds platinum awards were at 1/29 even though I had already completed them. I ended up transferring to PS5 and any trophies I unlocked on PS4 also unlocked on PS5 including the platinum.

• Like 2

On 3/21/2022 at 1:20 AM, Apocasy said:

They all will autopop. Social club isn't the best way to view your achievements since they seemed kinda bugged. I was in the same boat as you. Showed 77/78 for me and all my criminal masterminds platinum awards were at 1/29 even though I had already completed them. I ended up transferring to PS5 and any trophies I unlocked on PS4 also unlocked on PS5 including the platinum.

Thanks for the advice, Apocasy. I will do the migration soon and update with my results.

On a tangential note, any idea if R* will create new online DLC trophies for the PS5? I'm leaning towards no, since they had some time to do the PS5 version and new online content was already there (anything released after Doomsday Heist). They would've made the new trophies for the PS5 if so.

• 4 months later...
23 hours ago, NorthPaul93 said:

Do the DLC trophies also pop?I really don't have the patience to do the DM heist trophies all over again.

Yes they did for me. If your save file did save the progress after the trophy popped on PS4, the import to PS5 should recognize it.

I think for some people, once the trophy popped they may have quit the game immediately and so the save file did not capture it.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
10 minutes ago, DarthPieper said:

I do have platinum on ps3. I'm thinking about playing this game again on ps5. Will my online trophies auto-pop or do I have to do them all over?

Only if you had transferred your character from ps3 to ps4, and have earned the trophies on the ps4 version when you migrate to the ps5

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/03/2022 at 11:21 PM, vinster said:

Just to add my data point confirming the OP's info: I successfully autopop all story and online trophies on the PS5 version.

FYI: These were the steps I did.

- Started PS4 version and uploaded my 100% autosave file.

- Started PS5 version. Chose to continue using the uploaded save.

- Launched the Online mode. Waited for the intro cutscene to play out.

- Selected the character I wanted to migrate.

It was somewhat unnerving, since there were a lot of alert prompts asking me to confirm, especially for the online migration. Read the instructions carefully as migrating the wrong character may be irreversible?

Also, the majority of the trophies popped in the background. This really freaked me out initially. For example, in story mode with my import save, only the 'Welcome to Los Santos' popped on screen. But when I checked trophies, I got the rest of story mode ones as well. Similarly for the online ones, only a few popped on screen but upon checking, I had all of them. Whew!

Do you know if transfering a new character (didn't do the trophies with) affect the trophy pop? 

Edit:

Ok, I took the risk and thankfully everything popped.  1 trophy per mode and everything else was on the background. 

And BREATH!! ???

Edited by Fr_0zt

• 2 months later...

Can you autopop only the online if you wish, or should I just play the single player and autopop (import character) down the line when I'm done? Wanted to replay the single player for all the trophies but didnt want to do all the online again.

**edit - didnt know you had to go through a whole process to upload it. was scared it would just pick up from it. I just didnt want to delete my PS4 save incase I wanted to go back or upload it later on.

Edited by Malfunkshuns
solved it.

• 2 months later...

initially for gta online it didnnt show my character in the migration menu - it was empty. in which case i went back and went into online again. i did NOT elect an empty slot. after the intro cutscene played, it then showed up. took me several tries for it to get it shown.

so if you experience the same problem - do not select new character - back out of online and keep trying to go in and get the intro cutscene to play. after that it should show.

i followed vinsters steps as per above:

- Started PS4 version and uploaded my 100% autosave file.

- Started PS5 version. Chose to continue using the uploaded save.

- Launched the Online mode. Waited for the intro cutscene to play out.

- Selected the character I wanted to migrate.

Edited by rockstarjazz