Post Your Desktop

Dreakon139

I really like these desktop icons :) Can you tell me how you made them?

Quick Run-through, don't be afraid to ask questions if you need to.

GIMP or Photoshop is needed.

• Make a new image 512x512 pxl. Take the character you want to put in your icon and open it as a layer or dupe it over - depending on program and method. This won't require an alpha layer if you're using GIMP as you want an invisble background as not to cover your wallpaper once the icon has been applied. Resize the image so that it fits and position it the way you wish it to be, preferably with the full body on the page if you're using a chibi and a bust style if using a character model. Remove the backgroud layer AND the background of the layer with the character you want on it, as stated above you need an invisible background for the icon as not to mess with your wallpaper - Unless you intend to for other reasons. Once finished, Export the image as a PNG

• Go here (If that link needs to be de-linked then notify me) open the PNG you just saved and continue onwards. (You may have issues opening the image, if so reffer to image 1 below.) You should be met with a multiple choice size page, you can use the pre-set size (as your icon is already 512x512) or set it to 52x512 if you want to be double sure. Export the icon and save it where you want.

• To apply the icon you'll need to go into a shortcut's properties and click "Change Icon" underneath "Shortcut" - Which should be what the properties for your shortcut opens up on. From there just browse and navigate to your icon, then click OK and Apply - which'll need admin powers - to which your icon should change into whatever you wanted it to change into

Image 1

9a19dde42e1271b3da67d92d0232ca19.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...