Hidden Side Missions for "Complete All Side Missions" trophy

So it turns out that there are actually some hidden side missions that are triggered from finding special versions of the purple loot boxes hidden in levels. The game refers to them as "Memory Mementos."

Judging by plot, I'm guessing there are at least 4 of these.

So far I've only found the one in Refrin Wetlands: Right after the waterfall where you have to change the weather, there's a spot with one of those Buttholes of Darkness and a Griffon Queen. once you clear that room, you can drop off a small spot to the right and there's a pathway that leads to a cave, and in there you can find a Memory Memento (little purple chest/lootbox thing) that unlocks a side mission at Chaos Shrine.

Anyone find others? Seems like these are needed for the Sidequests trophy 

• Like 3

I've found two more.

1. Ruins of Machina. There's a long hall with a giant cannon at the end. When you get on the middle path, there's a purple orb behind a big rock. Touching it will trigger the Stranger to talk and you'll get some side missions.

2. Mount Gulg. After the first (i think) boulder rolling down toward you, when you get to the top of the hill there's a purple orb to the left sitting on top of a small pillar. To get to it, simply hug the wall beneath it and walk rightwards. You should fall down to a platform which lead you to the orb.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, YesImAPwnda said:

yes you can get and complete them all with story difficulty

Oh nice thanks and can you help with Job Mastery  4 stars. How can you upgrade them and a good level spot if you must lv them. Would be really helpfull.

52 minutes ago, YesImAPwnda said:

Here is the complete List of the Side Missions in correct Order:

• Scarlet Memories: The Savior
  • Azure Memories: The Stymied
  • Indigo Memories: The Stabbed (Orb located in: Terra Tortura)

Thanks so much for the comprehensive list. I only have these 3 left. Could you please tell me which level the first 2 are in if you recall? I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm looking through everywhere and can't find these 3. You listed the level for the 3rd, thank you. Do you happen to remember where it was at? Thanks for any help you can provide with this. :)

UPDATE: I found the 3rd one. It's in the left pink door area from spawn. You have to get to the area where you can drop the rope down to make a shortcut to the left of the purple gate that is sealed until all 3 islands are destroyed. Once you're at the top of the rope shortcut, continue around to the area where the bone traps are. Look into the holes. You should see a dark purple orb down there. Drop down and it's yours. You'll know it's the right one since the area leads directly the save point before the island teleporter for that zone. 

No clue on the first 2 two though. lol

Edited by BloodGodAlucard
updating info

2 hours ago, BloodGodAlucard said:

Thanks so much for the comprehensive list. I only have these 3 left. Could you please tell me which level the first 2 are in if you recall? I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm looking through everywhere and can't find these 3. You listed the level for the 3rd, thank you. Do you happen to remember where it was at? Thanks for any help you can provide with this. :)

UPDATE: I found the 3rd one. It's in the left pink door area from spawn. You have to get to the area where you can drop the rope down to make a shortcut to the left of the purple gate that is sealed until all 3 islands are destroyed. Once you're at the top of the rope shortcut, continue around to the area where the bone traps are. Look into the holes. You should see a dark purple orb down there. Drop down and it's yours. You'll know it's the right one since the area leads directly the save point before the island teleporter for that zone. 

No clue on the first 2 two though. lol

Yo, thank you so much! Racking it up. 

This one is from Wicked Arbor: A poster on GameFAQs found it: At the very end of the stage, you have to kill a poison flower up on a hill that I'm not sure you can access otherwise. Just use ranged attacks and take it out, then you can break the wall of vines. It's literally right before the final save point before the boss.
g5ROKY2l.png

Edited by VerseEnComa

6 minutes ago, VerseEnComa said:

Yo, thank you so much! 

Just got this one myself and I'll one one thing: You have to kill a poison flower up on a hill that I'm not sure you can access otherwise. Just use ranged attacks and take it out, then you can break the wall of vines. It's literally right before the final save point before the boss. 

No problem. Glad to help. That one you described I'm almost certain I picked up. In the Wicked Arbor, right? Which side mission is that one for? Because I don't have the Stymied quest unlocked. That's the last one I need now. Scarlet Memories: The Savior's orb is located in the Crystal Mirage level. You have to drop down some of the platforms where the laser crystals are right before you get to the end of the level. 

I'm currently replaying some more missions to try and find that last one. I assume that side mission has to be on Hallowed Massif since it's the only location in the game that doesn't have a side quest in the menu. The problem is, which mission is the orb in? I know it's not in that one since I've run it like 10 times looking everywhere. Unless I somehow missed it. If anyone knows that one, I'd be super grateful to know. It's driving me mad. lol

spelling fix

1 minute ago, BloodGodAlucard said:

No problem. Glad to help. That one you described I'm almost certain I picked up. In the Wicked Arbor, right? Which side mission is that one for? Because I don't have the Stymied quest unlocked. That's the last one I need now. Scarlet Memories: The Savior's orb is located in the Crystal Mirage level. You have to drop down some of the platforms where the laser crystals are right before you get to the end of the level. 

I'm currently replaying some more missions to try and find that last one. I assume that side mission has to be on Hallowed Massif since it's the only location in the game that doesn't have a side quest in the menu. The problem is, which mission is the orb in? I know it's not in that one since I've run it like 10 times looking everywhere. Unless I somehow missed it. If anyone knows that one, I'd be super grateful to know. It's driving me mad. lol

Woops, sorry, I didn't add the first part of the post—edited it now.

Thank you SO much for the Crystal Mirage one . . . damn, and I spent like an hour in there too lmao. I'll grab that one and add photos.

Apparently there is one in Mount Gulg according to GameFAQs. I'll start checking there.

1 hour ago, BloodGodAlucard said:

Didnt found a Memory in Hallowed Massiv yet. But "The Stymied" was unlocked in Cavens of Earth. Its at the End when you are in this Purple looking Basement. You have to jump down multiple Times and destroy some walls coming to you.

I seriously cannot find this Mt. Gulg one; every area I've seen with a boulder doesn't have a purple orb near it. Level design in this game feels very choppy and unremarkable, so that doesn't help with navigation sometimes. 

Edit: Never mind; I had found it previously, but the first time I got the tutorial for the hidden side missions was when I found the Refrin Wetlands one, which was the second one I found. This has been a mess haha

Edited by VerseEnComa

9 minutes ago, DantoriusD said:

Didnt found a Memory in Hallowed Massiv yet. But "The Stymied" was unlocked in Cavens of Earth. Its at the End when you are in this Purple looking Basement. You have to jump down multiple Times and destroy some walls coming to you.

Oh wow. Thank you for the tip. I've run that mission so many times and never found it. I'll go back and play it again right now. I think I know the section you're talking about. But I'm not sure where it is exactly. I definitely remember jumping down and having the walls try to push you off. Do you remember any other details? I'll look all over and hopefully find it.

I just finished running Hallowed Massif again. No luck on finding anything. But I did notice a place I can't get to. A little ways into the mission there is a wall of icicles that should be smashable. There is an identical wall at the very start of the level that has a purple loot orb in it. But this one is up a small ledge. So I assume you come out of the caves some way to get there. I'm almost certain I found that place on my first playthrough. But I looked all over and couldn't replicate the path this time. I'm super tired too. So that may be why. lol

4 minutes ago, BloodGodAlucard said:

Oh wow. Thank you for the tip. I've run that mission so many times and never found it. I'll go back and play it again right now. I think I know the section you're talking about. But I'm not sure where it is exactly. I definitely remember jumping down and having the walls try to push you off. Do you remember any other details? I'll look all over and hopefully find it.

Sry i dont know because everything down there looks the same ^^ but i know you have to jump down, fight the wall and after that back to back again. Jump down,fight wall,jump down fight wall. If youre all the way down then there is a room with couple of skeletons and a tonberry. Thats all i know.

11 minutes ago, DantoriusD said:

Sry i dont know because everything down there looks the same ^^ but i know you have to jump down, fight the wall and after that back to back again. Jump down,fight wall,jump down fight wall. If youre all the way down then there is a room with couple of skeletons and a tonberry. Thats all i know.

Just found it; it's the in the purple basement area that you described. Once you drop down from the 3 wall-pushing parts, there is a linear hallway with a breakable wall where the purple crystal is.

19 minutes ago, VerseEnComa said:

Just found it; it's the in the purple basement area that you described. Once you drop down from the 3 wall-pushing parts, there is a linear hallway with a breakable wall where the purple crystal is.

I love you guys. I just found it. That was my last one. Thank you both so much. :D

spelling correction

31 minutes ago, BloodGodAlucard said:

I love you guys. I just found it. That was my last one. Thank you both so much. :D

But when you have all that would mean there isnt a Memento Fragment in every level right? Since you mentioned earlier you didnt found one in the Snow lvl.

53 minutes ago, natsu2233 said:

Anyone know where I can find the orb for Indigo Memories: The Humiliated?

Nevermind I got it. You can find it in The Poison main mission in the last section before the boss where you have to kill the flower to open a secret door.