No 5.1 surround sound?

woggly4

Did anyone manage to activate proper 5.1 surround sound? I can't get it to work, my rear speakers are just silent. I can only find info about PS4's version and people say you need to change the output in GTA5's audio settings to "home theater" but there's no "output" option for me. Tried every combination in the sound settings of the PS5 but still no "output" option or surround sound in GTA5. Surround sound just works fine in other games (e.g. BF2042).

Happy to see a fellow surround sound user. Majority are headphone or Stereo users. How are you running your surround input?

PS5>Receiver>TV or PS5>TV>Receiver? Any noticeable latency?

I use Optical for my PS4. For PS5 I'm still using TV speakers as my receiver is ancient and doesn't accept HDMI audio.

@LaxmiNarayanan Actually, I only started to be a surround sound user yesterday but I'm loving it so far. ?

I have the HT-A7000 soundbar with matching SA-RS3S rear speakers. Connection is PS5 > Soundbar > TV. However, my TV is capable of Acoustic Center Sync so I'm using its speakers too, as center. Everything's running on HDMI 2.1 cables and I didn't notice any faults or latency. It just works great.