The Quarry (June 10, 2022)

NMErickson

Supermassive and 2K announce new horror game The Quarry

Link

We should find out tomorrow if this is a game, a one off experience, or maybe even related to the Dark Pictures Anthology. But it’s interesting because Supermassive still has season one’s The Devil in Me coming out and the five titles trademarked (presumably) for season two. Supermassive has a lot going on. It’s intriguing.

Update: Game revealed and looks like a spiritual successor to Until Dawn. Due out June 10, 2022. Starring Scream's David Arquette, Detective Pikachu's Justice Smith, and Ariel Winter of Modern Family. The game takes place in the remote forests of upstate New York, and follows a group of teenage camp counsellors on their final night in Hackett's Quarry.

Players will be able to play the game with up to seven friends online. It will also feature a “party horror couch co-op experience” where each player chooses a counsellor and controls their actions.

Supermassive also said players of any skill level will be able to enjoy the game thanks to a ‘Movie Mode’. It will let players “enjoy The Quarry as a binge-worthy cinematic thriller. Select how you want the story to unfold, kick back, and munch on some popcorn in between all the screams!”

This game and many more featured in the Big Ol’ List of Upcoming Horror Games right here on PSNProfiles!

Edited by NMErickson
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, communistwookiee said:

According to Colin Moriarty, this was a Stadia exclusive at one point. Will it have more developed gameplay than what we're used to from Supermassive?

I hope so, that would rock. And that’s i interesting about Stadia. I hope it’s not exclusive to anyone.

I really doubt it has anything to do with The Dark Pictures Anthology, that's it's own brand entirely and they've already announced their planned release roadmap already. But I'm always up for hearing about a new horror game from Supermassive. So tomorrow we get to hear about Hogwarts Legacy and this! Nice!

• Like 1

If it wasn't for the last three Dark Pictures games, I'd probably be pretty excited for this. I loved Until Dawn and had decently high expectations for the Anthology, but I've been let down enough that I haven't played House of Ashes and am not really sure I'll ever play another Supermassive game like this.

Hopefully it reviews well and fixes the myriad problems the games suffer from, ESPECIALLY the stupid dialogue. There was already some dumb dialogue in that trailer, where the cop says "No! No! Just...stop!" It didn't fit the way they were talking at all. That kind of stuff ruins these types of games for me.

• 4 weeks later...

After reading the “what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger” I’m even more convinced that it will be werewolves. If you get bit but not killed you turn into one and that will certainly make you stronger. 

Also the focus on the full moon in the trailer just convinces me even more. I’ll be so bummed if this just turns out to be some serial killer or something. Can’t wait for this game and I hope we don’t have Man of Medan style trophies which requires you to play the entire game in coop. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

Cool! Movie and game in one. Sure I'll play and then watch different directions the game can take.

Definitely. Want to experience it both ways too. The 186 endings and 1,000+ page script should keep things interesting every new go.

• 4 weeks later...