Charlotte Seeker Kickstarter - 20K Vita Stretch Goal

UndreyVITA

801f0256a98521c56ac9d9483eb7b930_large.p
43057070231e1e31f9fab3ee36d0879b_large.p

Charlotte Seeker is built from the best bits of two genres: twin sticker shooters and roguelikes. Our take on the top-down action game uses twitchy, fast paced avoidance of bullets and an extreme amount of depth in the mechanics. For newcomers to these genres, making it through alive provides an immense amount of satisfaction. For those familiar, the focus comes down to increasing your multiplier and getting the highest score you can.

At the moment, what we have is a small version of the game. Part of what we would like to do next is scale it up. What this means is more environments, more powerups, and more enemies for Charlotte to explore, experiment with, and destroy. Right now there's only one environment but we've got plans for at least 5 more.

A lot more info on the link below:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1379887432/charlotte-seeker

Pretty sure I've said this previously, but although I'll gladly admit that graphics don't make a game, it remains important. The whole 8bit thing going on at the moment really isn't good news for the vita - this reminds me of master system games, or a less fluid hotline miami.

I'll happily be proven wrong, but really not something that would get my funding

Edited by Memnoch

Pretty sure I've said this previously, but although I'll gladly admit that graphics don't make a game, it remains important. The whole 8bit thing going on at the moment really isn't good news for the vita - this reminds me of master system games, or a less fluid hotline miami.

I'll happily be proven wrong, but really not something that would get my funding.

Look at it this way: if this games to the Vita, it will probably sell well enough to convince the developers that the Vita is a viable platform for their next game. And their next game will look and play better.

I'll happily be proven wrong, but really not something that would get my funding

While it's clearly beta, it looks like the person was intending to develop this game for the Super Nintendo rather than the Vita.