ELDEN RING - Patch Notes Version 1.03

ziggypossum

VoirvNo.png

https://www.bandainamcoent.com/news/elden-ring-patch-notes-v1-03

Notice of Update Distribution

We are distributing an update to improve the stability of gameplay and to adjust balance.
We apologize for the inconvenience, but please apply the latest update before you enjoy the game.

Targeted platforms:

• PlayStation 4
  • PlayStation 5
  • Xbox One
  • Xbox Series X|S
  • Steam

Major Changes Included in the Latest Update

Additional Elements Added

• Added a function to record an icon and the name of an NPC on the map when you encounter that NPC.
  • Added NPC Jar-Bairn.
  • Added new quest phases for the following NPCs: Diallos/ Nepheli Loux/ Kenneth Haight/ Gatekeeper Gostoc.
  • Added some summonable NPCs in multiple situations.
  • Increased the number of patterns of objects player can imitate when using Mimic’s Veil.
  • Added night background music for some open field area.

Bug Fixed

• Fixed a bug that prevented summoned NPCs from taking damage in some boss battles.
  • Fixed a bug that sometime prevented the player from obtaining item after boss battle.
  • Fixed a bug that causes dialogue to be skipped when talking to NPCs and using custom key configurations.
  • Fixed a bug that causes the player to freeze when riding.
  • Fixed a bug that causes arcane to scale incorrectly for some weapons.
  • In situation where the player cannot obtain more than 2 talisman pouches, added talisman pouch to Twin Maiden Husks shop line up.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the user from warping to sites of grace from the map at the end of the game.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the player from moving to the next area after the battle with the Fire Giant.
  • Fixed a bug which causes some weapons to have incorrect scaling after strengthening.
  • Fixed a bug which causes some weapons to not use stat scaling.
  • Fixed hang-ups in certain occasions.
  • Fixed a bug which incorrectly displays multiplayer area boundary when playing online.
  • Fixed a bug that allows player to activate Erdtree Greatshield’s weapon skill without absorbing an attack using a special combination of item and incantation.
  • Fixed a bug which causes Fire’s Deadly Sin incantation to have different effect.
  • Fixed a bug with the Ash of War, Determination and Royal Knight's Resolve, where the damage buff will also apply to other weapons without that skill.
  • Adjusted the visual effect of Unseen Form spell.
  • Deleted the Ragged armor set from the game which was mistakenly obtainable in previous patch.
  • Fixed a bug that causes some hostile NPCs to drop Furlcalling Finger Remedy.
  • Fixed a bug that causes incorrect sound effect to play in some situations.
  • Fixed a bug which causes visual animation and hitboxes to not be displayed correctly on some maps.
  • Fixed bugs which causes incorrect visual and behavior for some enemies.
  • Fixed a bug that causes incorrect stat parameter for some armor.
  • Text fixes.
  • Other performance improvement and bug fixes.

Balance Changes

• Increased the drop rate of Smithing Stone for some enemies.
  • Added Smithing Stone to some early game shop line up.
  • Increased shield’s effectiveness.
  • Increased the damage for all offensive cracked pot items.
  • Increased the damage for the following items: Spark Aromatic/Poison Spraymist.
  • Increased the effect duration for the following items: Uplifting Aromatic/ Ironjar Aromatic.
  • Increased HP healing for Torrent when using the following items: Rowa Raisin/ Sweet Raisin/ Frozen Raisin
  • Reduced FP consumption and increased the damage of the following sorceries: Glintstone Cometshard/ Comet/ Night Comet
  • Increased the damage of the following sorceries: Gravity Well/ Collapsing Stars/ Crystal Barrage
  • Decreased FP consumption of the following sorceries: Star Shower/ Rock Blaster/ Gavel of Haima/ Founding Rain of Stars/ Stars of Ruin/Greatblade Phalanx/Magic Downpour/ Loretta’s Greatbow/ Loretta’s Mastery/ Carian Greatsword/ Carian Piercer/ Shard Spiral
  • Raised projectile speed and range of Great Glintstone Shard
  • Decreased Ash of War, Hoarfrost Stomp's damage and increase cast time.
  • Increased Ash of War, Bloody Slash's self-inflict damage while slightly lowering the damage and increasing the cast time.
  • Decreased weapon skill, Sword of Night and Flame’s damage.
  • Increased FP consumption and lower duration of Ash of War, Barricade Shield.
  • Changed FP consumption timing of Ash of War, Prelate’s Charge.
  • Decreased the damage of spirit summoned when using the item Mimic Tear Ash and changed the spirit’s behavior pattern.
  • Other enemy and weapon balance changes

The version number of this update shown at the lower right corner of the Title Screen will be as follows:

• App Ver. 1.03
  • Regulation Ver. 1.03.1

Online play requires the player to apply this update.

We will continue to provide improvement update in the future so you can enjoy "ELDEN RING" more comfortably. Please stay tune for more news.

• Like 1

I was planning on abusing the Knights Resolve bug when I stacked the PS4 version but now I can’t but oh well. Sucks that the Mimic Tear damage is getting nerfed but the best thing spirit summons can do is bait the bosses attention to let you get hits in. It will still have high HP making it survivable which is much more important than damage output. Nerfing Hoarfrost Stomp is going to make things more challenging for speedrunners but I’m sure they will find a way around it.

Didn’t use any stomps or any ashes of war at all for that matter in my game. What I can say though is that the damage output on sword of night and flame was a joke, which is why I was using it so much when I came across it. They probably did need to do something about that.

I did use mimic tear quite a lot, but never really for damage, always for baiting attention like you say above.

i got the plat now, but only other thing I’d be interested in is trying some of the gameplay of the other spells. The fp consumption of some of them ruled them out of use immediately for me so was generally just using the same 4 or 5 throughout the whole game. Would have been nice to vary it up a bit.

and mimic veils? I picked them up, but never really understood what they were for. Didn’t know you could take the form of a table....although I’m not sure what use that is in a boss fight?

2 minutes ago, PotrikBerger said:

and mimic veils? I picked them up, but never really understood what they were for. Didn’t know you could take the form of a table....although I’m not sure what use that is in a boss fight?

Not in boss fights, but it's useful when you get invaded.

5 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

Not in boss fights, but it's useful when you get invaded.

I was going to reply that I always got excited with an invasion and took them on, not that I always won of course, but thinking about it, would have been great fun to hide as a tree and then surprise attack. Wish I paid more attention to some of the things in the game, feels like there are whole mechanics I didn’t even try out.

• Like 1

Nice to hear they fixed the possibly bugged NPC quests, Nepheli Loux and Kennath's quests just seemed to end abruptly with no pay off.

And Diallos just kind of disappeared during the 'Manor' side quest.

Disappointing to hear the 'Mimic Tear' has been nerfed, I only used it for 2 end game bosses, and I don't think I could of beaten the last boss without it.

I was hoping they would adjust the final boss, either separated the 2 phases into 2 separate bosses, or at least lower the hp on part 2.

Along with stopping it from constantly moving to the other side of the arena and spamming AOEs.

Anyone here who has beaten the final boss will get the issues with it, with out me spoiling it.

For some reason it felt like go from NG to NG++ levels of difficulty.

I spent 3 hours last night putting my summon sign down to help players beat the last boss, and only in one instance did I manage to help them succeed.

All the other times, if we were lucky to get to part 2, we would end up running out of Hp/Fp and die before the boss reached half health.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, objectioner said:

Disappointing to hear the 'Mimic Tear' has been nerfed, I only used it for 2 end game bosses, and I don't think I could of beaten the last boss without it.

I was hoping they would adjust the final boss, either separated the 2 phases into 2 separate bosses, or at least lower the hp on part 2.

Along with stopping it from constantly moving to the other side of the arena and spamming AOEs.

Anyone here who has beaten the final boss will get the issues with it, with out me spoiling it.

For some reason it felt like go from NG to NG++ levels of difficulty.

I can’t be certain now which end game bosses it was most effective with, but I’m pretty sure the 2nd part of that fight I beat once again with the mimic tear and sword f night and flame combo. That sword did crazy damage, so all i needed do was make sure mimic tear was summoned at end of stage 1 so was at full health for stage 2, make sure mimic had full attention of boss and then just concentrate on always standing behind the boss. Only needed 4 or 5 hits with the sword and it was dead. When it jumped to other side, just ran across ( whilst running to edge of screen to avoid those rings descending) get behind while it attacked mimic and finished it off with sword.

will no doubt be a lot harder now they have sterilised the sword power.

with summoning, I found it useful in earlier parts of game, but by end game i was finding it was almost always easier on own with the mimic taking the attention of boss than with other players gifting boss more health

• Like 1

the nerved mimic summon damage might not be as bad depending on your build. I am using 2 rivers of blood kantanas, which do bleeding damage with its skill. That damage depends on the weapons level, not on your stats.

If the devs did not nerv these skills too, the mimic should still do enough damage to decimate even melania.

I'll try it out tonight.

Just finished the last boss, as well as Melania with the new patch for the first time and made use of the Mimic from the start of both fights.

I did not notice anything particularly different damage wise from before. The mimic still seemed to attack, use items, and dodge just as much as previously.

It could just be coincidental but the mimic this time seemed to follow what I was doing much more closely than before. When I switched from magic to sword it switched, and when I switched from sword to magic it also switched. When I used certain spells it tended to use the same spells as me. Before it seemed to be extremely random, where sometimes it would just sit there and use items over and over that it did not need to use. I did not see that anymore with their "tweaked AI".

Was equipped with the +10 scepter, +10 wings of astel, and mirror shield as my weapons. My spells equipped were comet (which is far far more viable with the new build), comet azur, and rock sling for the final battle.

For Melania I had river of blood in one hand, and a +25 frost katana in the other hand. Absolutely wiped the floor with her during the first phase, and had amazing RNG for the second phase. Just used Comet Azur after she did the meteor, then she did a second meteor, and few comets killed her. Pre-patch I had lost to her probably 40 times trying all sorts of different things, including the same strategy as above.

Never really noticed Mimic damage anyways. I usually used it as bait so I could R2 spam with a 2hander on a boss to stagger it :P.

Interested to see how speedrunners are going to adept to the nerf of the Hoarfrost stomp.

Already got the platinum but just logged back in as my character was still camping at the rune spot farm and it still gives 35-40k per AOE swing with the sword.

Edited by Deluziion90

So sad hearing these changes did almost nothing. Yesterday I saw my gf 2-shot a boss with mimic and sword of night and flame and I thought "wow, this is not the souls experience". Don't get me wrong, it's cool they're drawing new playerbase, but to simply dumb down such an amazing gaming experience... I don't know anymore.

• Like 1

more then just the mimic tear... the dmg and poise damage of every special weapon art has been fucked into the ground. moonveil now has half the dmg and double the mana cost, same goes for that fire sword thing, which was way OP tbf idk how it is now in comparison but they called it out in their nerfs, but theese aren't nerfs, it just got nuked to fuck. my build is fucked now lol, ach well i cbf with it now.  i'll fuck it off. 

gunna go warrior barb thing and restart, and use that giant club you can get right at the start, funny as hell weapon, clubbing owls with it.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84

4 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

• Fixed a bug which causes some weapons to not use stat scaling.

Hm, I wonder if this applies to the Clawmark Seal as well now... Offensive spells would only scale off of Faith with this Seal, not with Strenght, which looks like a bug to me... 

59 minutes ago, NarcissusBaz said:

So sad hearing these changes did almost nothing. Yesterday I saw my gf 2-shot a boss with mimic and sword of night and flame and I thought "wow, this is not the souls experience". Don't get me wrong, it's cool they're drawing new playerbase, but to simply dumb down such an amazing gaming experience... I don't know anymore.

So you seek out the most OP / broken loadouts in the game and then complain the game is broken. K.

Edited by Startyde
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Startyde said:

So you seek out the most OP / broken loadouts in the game and then complain the game is broken. K.

Well, technically the game is broken if something like that is possible. Anyway, I do agree with the sentiment. It was always interesting to check some tips from other players on Reddit when I was struggling with a boss in previous games. Now it's "just use mimic". It seems like every single "strategy" is based on mimic.

By using summons you do not have to learn (and sometimes you are not even able to see!) the moveset of a boss, which is a shame and in my eyes, the game loses its charm. Why bother to design an epic boss fight if the player just gangbang them using a mimic, right?

I "struggled" with several bosses in Elden Ring for hours. I'm quoting it since it has been (mostly) fun. I've never used any sort of summoning and I do not plan to since it would effectively spoil the experience for me. Having said that I do applaud developers to implement ways of bringing new players to the genre by giving everybody an option to tailor the game to their skill level.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

Well, technically the game is broken if something like this is possible. Anyway, I do agree with the sentiment. It was always interesting to check some tips from other players on Reddit when I was struggling with a boss in previous games. Now it's "just use mimic". It seems like every single "strategy" is based on mimic.

I "struggled" with several bosses in Elden Ring for hours. I'm quoting it since it has been (mostly) fun. I've never used any sort of summoning and I do not plan to since it would effectively spoil the experience for me. Having said that I do applaud developers to implement ways of bringing new players to the genre by giving everybody an option to tailor the game to their skill level.

By using summons you do not have to learn (and sometimes you are not even able to see!) the moveset of a boss, which is a shame and in my eyes, the game loses its charm. Why bother to design an epic boss fight if the player just gangbang them using a mimic, right?

I'm on one of the late game optional bosses. My mimic +10 is dumb as a post because he just stands around waiting to get hit by lightning. He has been valuable in other fights, but here he might as well not be there. I got the patch downloaded while I was still trying to fight this guy and I haven't really noticed a difference in behaviour, he is still too dumb to move out of the way. I mean he's a mimic so maybe he's learned that I don't get out of the way either so that's just how he is lol.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Vulpine9Tails said:

. I mean he's a mimic so maybe he's learned that I don't get out of the way either so that's just how he is lol.

?

I know how you feel - every time my mimic dies, I can’t help but feel like…

“well… you learned from the best, I suppose!”

• Like 2

As someone who doesnt have much free time to play it sucks all these nerfs happened when im only 20 hours into the game, I only just got Shield Barricade 2 days ago and it felt great, I loved that i could block most attacks and combos with it and then counter, but now its almost useless.

I tried using it for Margit and was confused why it wasn't working as well as before, i just stopped using the skill because it wasnt working well and just had to beat him with my base shield stats getting broken after 2 hits. Managed to do it but damn, It really makes using a shield less fun, i might have to go back to duel wielding even though its a lot more sweaty of a style