Serious Difficulty Spike?

Hey Guys 
When starting this I figured this would be a pretty cruisy platinum as far as fighters go. I have all of the Tekken Series done as well as a couple Naruto games, but boy am I Struggling.

All I have left to do is a few of the higher level dragon arena matches to get the invasions I need as well as the world tournament on DBZ3 but I am getting crushed.

It takes forever to level up characters for Dragon Arena so that feels like an insane grind + I cannot find Vaccine or Viral Heart Disease. 

The thing I seem to be struggling most with is block / countering, I can time blocks decently but it gets to a point the AI just constantly teleport behind me countering me and chaining me and I get smoked.

Thinking I genuinely might not be skilled enough to platinum this one.... Any Tips or things that might help,

For now I am taking a break from this one, but plan to come back hopefully to get what I am missing another time. 

• 1 month later...

Hi

I just finished the game in a week. (2 days effectively)

When i did dragon arena i used mostly "ring out" wins by teleporting and my timing is never on point. 

Just place yourself and the border of the map and kick them out by spamming :right: or :left: and :cross:. (depends on the position of your enemy)

Omega Shenron is definitely the way to go because he starts with a full KI bar. That is enough to even counter a counter teleport. (yes that is possible and not that hard)

The most annoying part about normal battles without ring out is the rage mode spam of the CPU. (Red Glow)

When they do this, spam :up: or :down: and :cross: for side steps until they are out of KI. Then start your ultimate.

There is some interesting loop i did on the lower difficulties.

First you need some distance to your enemy. 

1. When he starts to sprint at you do your :right::circle: move.(Kamehameha or something) 

2. Start charging your KI immediately after it hits and when he sprints at you again repeat your :right::circle: move.

There is some kind of a sweet spot when it comes to the "distance" i mentioned. Too far away and he has enough time to block or side step. Too close to you and he will most likely start an attack by himself and this will hit you both or start a struggle if you are lucky.

The same loop i use for harder battles just with the inclusion of teleport counter.

The game can be pretty frustrating at some points but i wouldn´t consider it as hard.

Although compared to tekken and naruto it might be a bit trickier. 

I feel like i wrote much but said nothing.  xD

If there is anything unclear just ask.

• Like 1

Additionally, another way of going about this is if you have the Breakthrough for either Goku or Vegeta. This gives them the ability to go to Super Saiyan 4 (SSJ4). Their ki bar is almost maxed and their basic :right::circle: move turns into a much more powerful move. You can typically keep spamming that and recovering your ki. Best thing about this is that their  :right::circle: move can be locked into a battle with an opponent's similar move. If you are decent at spinning the thumbstick to win that challenge, you can easily knock 1 - 2 healthbars. 

Hope this helps you. 

I also preferred kid buu in Budokai 3 because his stretchy arms could hit far away and his move Vanishing ball would hit for 1 - 2 healthbars depending on how you levelled him up. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheMrFrick said:

Additionally, another way of going about this is if you have the Breakthrough for either Goku or Vegeta. This gives them the ability to go to Super Saiyan 4 (SSJ4). Their ki bar is almost maxed and their basic :right::circle: move turns into a much more powerful move. You can typically keep spamming that and recovering your ki. Best thing about this is that their  :right::circle: move can be locked into a battle with an opponent's similar move. If you are decent at spinning the thumbstick to win that challenge, you can easily knock 1 - 2 healthbars. 

Hope this helps you. 

I also preferred kid buu in Budokai 3 because his stretchy arms could hit far away and his move Vanishing ball would hit for 1 - 2 healthbars depending on how you levelled him up. 

I used Goku a lot because i am lazy af but going into SSJ4 while being pressured by the AI is a problem for many players. I can recommend Kid Boo though. He should start with a very high KI level like Shenron.

Off Topic: I am the only one who is confused about the design of the :right: buttons? It looks like pointing to the left but i know it should respresent the controller layout xD