New Launcher coming in May for PlayStation

Lord_Bane999

Article below. Basically in May due to the switch of publisher from Sony to Epic Games they will be making a new launcher. Anyone wishing to play the game will need to use the new launcher after Season 6 ends. No idea since this new launcher will technically be a new app if that means we keep the same trophy list or not.

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/fall-guys-players-on-playstation-must-redownload-it-to-continue-playing-after-may/1100-6501536/

Edit:

Will edit this with some of the most current information since peeps still coming to this topic.

1. The new launcher is out and the old one will be retiring officially May 9th. The old launcher has it's icon greyed out with an exclamation on it and now has Retiring in its name to differentiate these.

2. The new launcher has also been separated now into two versions. North American and European which  both also have a new list attached to each. These new lists does autopop if you've completed the trophies already on the old one, which is tagged currently on this site as OG or Original.

3. The old launcher has already been officially removed from sale, as well as the ability to buy Kudos through it as of April 5th. Due to this it's only possible to play the old launcher now if you previously purchased/owned it before this date. You can still download it from your library.

4. There have been reports of players contacting Customer Support and receiving information that the old trophy list will be removed from Sony's servers. This is merely speculation on the CS parts and such a thing has never happened even for unreleased or removed for sale games. Very much doubt Sony ever will do it. And the FAQ on the transfer provided by Mediatonic devs doesn't not even imply this will happen either.

5-1. *WARNING* One trophy could be possibly unobtainable right now due to chance. This trophy is Head Turner. Due to the only way to obtain a Legendary Color or Pattern is through store resets currently and with just over a week left this will leave new players who start this week. A less then 1% chance of obtaining either item necessary for completing this. Both items are needed to be equipped to complete this trophy. As well as a Legendary Top and Bottom which can be obtained through battle pass completion.

5-2. Please note if you are still attempting this trophy you will want to keep at least 10,000 kudos and 7 crowns on hand for every daily reset to ensure you have enough to purchase them when they're up. You can buy other items in the store to increase your chance ever so slightly. But I would only recommend this if you can afford to without going under the minimum to keep I've suggested. (This will also mean needing to be adept at the game and must be able to survive multiple rounds or wins everyday to keep getting enough kudos/crowns.)

6-1. Hard trophies. Some harder trophies such as winning race rounds, emote before winning race will and win a team game by one point. Will now be harder to complete and come down to player skill more then ever since some of the easier limited events for these have already come and gone.

6-2. With this some the most difficult trophy in Infallible (win episodes in a row), the win 20 episodes and Squad Goals trophies will be getting a one last ditch easier time on May 4th. Sweet Thieves a simple game mode where two teams of players must protect or steal 12 Candies will be returning May 4th to May 8th just before the old launcher is removed. Please note due to only the team playing as the Thieves gets points, this mode isn't applicable for Low Baller Trophy of getting a score of just one. As Thieves need to get 12 points exactly to win no less. Guardians do not receive points this game mode and therefore aren't able to get the trophy as well.

7. If you have any issues popping trophies contact CS through the link below. Please make sure to attach any proof images or videos of wins, etc so they can better help you. If they feel you did hit the requirements they will help adjust your profile so you can get the trophy that didn't pop correctly. Please note they no longer provide information on statistics anymore such as number of Episodes Won or Rounds Completed. Please remember to record these yourself somewhere. https://support.fallguys.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Edited by Lord_Bane999
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alex_Gorbatschow said:

They should include a bronze trophy where you have to win 10 solo games in a row and another one for reaching max rank in 3 seasons 

Reaching max rank is really trivial these days with daily challenges.  Long after Platinum, I’d play a few minutes a day just to earn kudos for the level rewards and would get max rank very early in the season without much gameplay.

Very rarely doubt there will be new trophies.  Doesn’t seem like Epic’s thing (Rocket League, Fortnight), etc.  

• Like 1

My feeling this is going to remain as-is on the PS4, other than the change in publisher but playing it on a PS5 will give you a new list ?.

EDIT: That didn't age well - there are now 2 new lists, which means the existing one will soon be impossible to complete.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

1 hour ago, Alex_Gorbatschow said:

They should include a bronze trophy where you have to win 10 solo games in a row and another one for reaching max rank in 3 seasons 

I would be very surprised if there were any new trophies for simply switching to a new launcher. But then again I don’t think I’ve ever seen this happen before so who knows. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Has this ever been done before? I've never heard of a game switching launchers on PlayStation.

Not that I know off. But there were a few games republished by another publisher (f.e. Sherlock Holmes) that brought a new Trophylist. Before that (PS3 era) usually disappeared from the store when the publishing deal was expired. And if they did come back, there was no new Trophylist. 

Edited by ConAir
Correcter
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, POEman553 said:

I thought I remembered hearing concerns with Rocket League switching from Psyonix to Epic Games as the publisher and I think it was fine. But who knows with this. I wouldn't think it would be a new trophy list.

Yes Rocket League was fine after the switch. Though I believe Rocket League never needed an updated launcher though. Pretty sure if I check my library their will only be one for that. This one may be too but it's still better to know 100% since it can be random it seems when republished games get a new list or not.

4 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

I would be very surprised if there were any new trophies for simply switching to a new launcher. But then again I don’t think I’ve ever seen this happen before so who knows. 

Very rarely but it can happen, usually mainly for publisher changes after relistings. But there's no hard rule that it always needs to be a new list. For example Tera when they did their publisher and server shifts. The base launcher was updated (not a new launcher/app) but still kept the same trophy list.

44 minutes ago, ConAir said:

@POEman553 Did Rocket League get a new launcher? I don't remember it did.

Another thing I wonder is if buying the new launcher will also depend on the PlayStation Plus subscription. Or will you keep it if the subscription expires?

That I know has already been confirmed that anyone who got the game through PSPlus will be able to download the new launcher for free still. The only thing I don't know if they just add the launcher to library for free or if it will still be linked to PSPlus like the old one. Guess we will see April 5th.

• Like 2

On 20/03/2022 at 9:11 AM, RRxbe- said:

https://support.fallguys.com/hc/en-us/articles/4654837573650-What-will-happen-to-my-Progress-Kudos-Crowns-Costumes-Trophies-on-the-new-Game-Launcher-

They said that everything will be switched on new launcher, so i will not be worried about trophies

My main problem is that they put a new trophy list and just make you unlock the trophies you had automatically pop in the new list, this would make anyone without platinum stuck with another incomplete game in their trophy list!

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, zDavzBR said:

My main problem is that they put a new trophy list and just make you unlock the trophies you had automatically pop in the new list, this would make anyone without platinum stuck with another incomplete game in their trophy list!

Yeah see that's the issue we're trying to get a direct response on them before. They mentioned everything will "transfer" but they've ignored questions about wether or not that means unlocks just transfer to a new list or they are transferring this list over completely. But the fact this is a new app entirely and not just an update to it usually points toward a new list in most other delistings of this type..

10 minutes ago, YesImAPwnda said:

There are 2 new PS4 Fall Guys Trophy Lists on Exophase right now.
Dunno why there are 2 new one, instead of maybe 1x new PS4 and 1x PS5.

That means there will be separate EU and NA stacks when the new launcher goes live so kiss goodbye to the original list when the update lands. In total there will be 3 lists i.e. the existing Original soon to be impossible to complete list, plus these 2 new ones.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

With this new info on lists popping up. Wanna leave a recommendation to anyone who hasn't started this yet to not start it now.

While it would possibly to boost almost all trophies within the time frame of the original's removal. There is one trophy specifically Head Turner which requires Legendary Items to be equipped.

While usually Legendary Tops and Bottoms can be gained form the pass each season. Legendary Colors (sometimes in passes) and Patterns (not in passes and really rare) are typically shop exclusive appearing by chance randomly each day on shop reset. Due to this it's impossible to guarantee this trophy be obtainable even in the last month.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/11209-fall-guys-ultimate-knockout/7-head-turner

I also wonder if it will be like the situation with Disintegration with the online trophies where once you obtained them, the new list would show you having them but wouldn't replace the original list.

I'm wondering if the original list will be unobtainable now after the launcher is out.