New Launcher coming in May for PlayStation

Lord_Bane999

9 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

I also wonder if it will be like the situation with Disintegration with the online trophies where once you obtained them, the new list would show you having them but wouldn't replace the original list.

I'm wondering if the original list will be unobtainable now after the launcher is out.

With Disintegration there was no "new list" they just changed the trophy requirements. It no different then Rainbow Six Siege or Dead by Daylight changed requirements but you keep any unlocks you and prior to the changes still.

New lists generally only come when a game is being relisted like this one or have a new app/version (which also applies to this).

Old list will be unobtainable after May 5th though like mentioned previously if one hasn't started this yet, don't. Getting a Legendary Color and Pattern typically requires buying them in the daily shop and there's no guarantee anyone will get those in a month's time, because it's random for each player everyday. Some people have gone 6 months without it.

Edited by Lord_Bane999

Do you guys think Trophies will auto pop? I'm afraid they will. I don't want my fastest Platinum milestone to be replaced, I hate autopopping Trophies.

And even if I decide to play this new launcher with my second account, then that means I lose all of my progress in Fall Guys made with this account, including my crowns, my rare skins and the now unobtainable outfit I've been playing with since a year.

God, why is this shit even a thing. ??‍♀️

Edited by KenjiCBZ
  • Like 1

i got a reply from support of fall guys. I cant upload the screenshot but the guy who accepted my support ticket wrote me this:

Hello *******,

Thank you for the response!

I'm happy to confirm that it won't affect the trophies and the Trophy list will be the same.

If there's anything else we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to submit a new support request, we'll be happy to help.

Have a great day and let the Bean Power be with you!

Fall Guys Player Support

"Thank you for reaching out!

Nothing will change! We keep everything safe on our side. Everything linked to your PlayStation profile, trophies included, will move and be available on the new Fall Guys Launcher.

Please let us know if there's anything else we could help with.

All the best,

Bartek

Fall Guys Player Support"

They purposely avoided answering if the old list will become unobtainable despite me asking explicitly. 

I also reached out explicitly asking about the platinum for Ultimate knockout and was also not directly answered. 

Thank you for contacting us about the trophies.

There's no reason to worry. Your trophies will still remain unlocked and you won't need to unlock them again once the new launcher will come out. We know it might sound strange because we don't usually hear about launchers on console, but it will be possible because the game stays the same, it's only this launcher that changes.

We need to keep reassuring you because this was tested on our side, so you will need to trust us when we say that you will be able to unlock your platinum trophy whenever you will want to.

Please contact us again in case of any other questions.

Have a nice day!

Filip
Fall Guys Player Support”

Yea, support guys really does not help a lot since they are explicitly avoiding direct questions about the fact of the old list probably will be impossible to be completed. I wrote like 3 mails asking directly this thing and i did get nothing.

It seems like im sending mails to a wall, well, at least a wall would not reply with some shitty pre made mails. GG 

This time they answered directly when I replied. 

"The list may be different visually, but it will still be the same list. Since there are no new trophies added and all of the trophies' progress is recorded on the server, you will be still completing the same list. All the items currently not unlocked will remain for you to be unlocked after the launcher changes. I hope that clears it up!

Please contact us if you have any more questions or issues and we will do our best to help you out!

See you in the game!

Damian

1 hour ago, DarthTerrorize said:

This time they answered directly when I replied. 

"The list may be different visually, but it will still be the same list. Since there are no new trophies added and all of the trophies' progress is recorded on the server, you will be still completing the same list. All the items currently not unlocked will remain for you to be unlocked after the launcher changes. I hope that clears it up!

Please contact us if you have any more questions or issues and we will do our best to help you out!

See you in the game!

Damian

That seems like an over convoluted way for them to say. "Yes it's a different list, but not really because the requirements are the same."

Well damn it I didn't expect the new launcher giving a new list, so now I have to get this done within a month. I did get infallible last year but after that I stopped playing, and now I have to hope to get everything done. Not that I really really want the platinum but I would like to avoid having another unobtainable platinum in my list if I can avoid it. I have already plenty, I want to save this one!

Guess worth a try now "sigh" I regret playing this game now

• Like 4

I also reached out to Fall Guys support and asked to answer me yes/no questions about the old version/original trophy list and the new version/trophy list.

Finally heard back. It's not good and it confirms everyone's fears:

- With the previous version of the trophy list and the previous version of the game, will the original trophy list for Fall Guys be unobtainable after May 9th (yes or no)?

- Will you increase the chances of obtaining legendary colour/pattern for Head Turner trophy? It would be absolutely terrible for people to work on obtaining the Platinum and having time run out if the original launcher is no longer playable after May 9th.

-Will you increase the chances of obtaining Low Baller trophy?

Here's the answers I got:

·         Yes, you will be unable to earn trophies for the original launcher once it becomes unusable.

·         Items in our shop rotate on a regular basis.  Hopefully you will see any items that you need for the Head Turner trophy soon!

·         Unfortunately, it isn't possible for us to make it more or less likely for you to qualify from a Team round with a score of 1, it all depends on the skill of your team and the opposing team(s)!

If you needed any further confirmation that you should try to get the Platinum on the original trophy list of Fall Guys, this is it. NONE of the trophies from that version will be obtainable after May 9th. Please hurry and good luck!

(This is what I get for getting Infallible trophy last year)

Edited by POEman553
  • Like 1

I asked specifically about Head Turner, here is the answer:

Thanks for reaching out regarding the Head Turner trophy you're missing!

I'm afraid we can't guarantee that a Legendary Pattern will show up in your shop. That said, I'll make sure to pass this on to the Devs for their review to have them consider increasing the chances for this or adding some way to ensure players can attain the trophy in time.

I can't make any promises at this time, so please bear with us as potential changes might take some time. I highly recommend you follow our official Twitter to stay up to date: https://twitter.com/FallGuysGame 

Thank you for your understanding and support! Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with. 

Kind regards,
Wojciech
Fall Guys Player Support

Please if you still need the head turner trophy, also suggest raising the chances or give them out in the special weekly sale.

Edited by Wurstmann69
  • Like 2

They're giving this response about "we can't guarantee a Legendary Pattern" with the rng nature of the store, but aren't the Featured Items (that cycle every few days) the same for everyone and therefore completely under their control?  Then put a Legendary Pattern in that section. This doesn't seem super hard for the devs, and it certainly seems fair.

EDIT: I've sent a feedback/suggestion ticket to Support specifically and explicitly suggesting this, so we'll have to see what they say.

Edited by KCF392
  • Like 2

Man. I grabbed Infallible like many had back then...put the game down for a long time. Came back for this most recent Tip Toe Tourney to get race wins. Got several but missed out on the last day of it and now this. Highly unlikely I can finish what I need legit before this change...how bad is it to try and boost episode wins? 

Online and server based stuff is the bane of this hobby. 

• Like 2

HOOOO BOY ok so here is the back and forth I had with Support this morning:

KCF392:

Mar 23, 2022, 10:16 GMT 

The PS Fall Guys community and forums are currently in a bit of a nervous state regarding the upcoming new launcher.  With this shift to a new launcher effectively autopopping an identical trophy list but locking the original trophy list into a no-longer-obtainable state for any unearned trophies (this has been confirmed by Fall Guys Support), many of us are nervous and frustrated that we may forever be denied the last 1-2 trophies in the original trophy list simply because of the random nature of the store.

My suggestion for the devs on behalf of all those waiting for a Legendary Pattern (because this is by far the hardest item to purchase, often taking months for the statistics to work out) - can the Fall Guys dev team choose a Legendary Pattern and put it for sale specifically as a Featured Item in the store at some point between now and May? As a Featured Item, this pattern would be available for several days, and would be available for all players.  This would be fair across the board for the community and would greatly comfort loyal players who are reading that they only have until early May.  Thanks!

SUPPORT:
Mar 23, 2022, 10:33 GMT

Thanks for reaching out regarding the availability of trophies with regards to the upcoming launcher change!

I can confirm that there are no plans for the trophies to become unobtainable after the switch. As such, there should be no need for concern!

Could you please let us know what your source is for the assertion that this has been confirmed by Fall Guys Support?

We're looking forward to your response!

Kind regards,
Wojciech
Fall Guys Player Support

KCF392:
Mar 23, 2022, 11:01 GMT

(I included the link to this entire forum thread with the vague answers from Support, and specifically referenced POEman553's post regarding locked og trophy list)

So to address the rumors and questions in that forum thread with answers directly Support:

The current understanding) There is currently an original trophy list from the original launcher, and a “new” but identical trophy list for the new game launcher.  The new trophy list is autopopping whatever trophies were already earned from the original trophy list when the account logs in. 

Question 1)  After the original launcher no longer works (beyond May 9th), if we obtain a trophy in the game using the new launcher will we (or will we not) see that trophy pop in both the new trophy list and the original trophy list?

Question 2)  If that answer is no, will any unearned trophies specifically from the original trophy list be obtainable following May 9th, or will that “original launcher/game” trophy list be “locked” so that no new progress is registered there, only on the new launcher list?

Question 3)  Is all of this a moot point due to other circumstances, such as the new trophy list completely replacing and erasing the original trophy list on Playstation?

SUPPORT:
Mar 23, 2022, 11:08 GMT
Thanks a lot for your reply!

I'll now pass all the information to the relevant team; we'll make sure to let you know as soon as there's an update. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Kind regards,
Wojciech
Fall Guys Player Support

SUPPORT:
Mar 23, 2022, 13:59 GMT

Thank you for contacting us about the trophies and sorry to hear that you are concerned. However, we need some more time in order to investigate how the trophies will work after migrating to the new launcher.

Once we have more information about this, we will post it on our social media and on the support website: https://support.fallguys.com/hc/en-us

In the meantime, please contact us again in case of any other issues.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

Filip
Fall Guys Player Support

So the tl;dr appears to be "Oh.... we actually don't know ourselves. Oops?" and in the meantime get to shoo us away.

Edited by KCF392
  • Like 1