New Launcher coming in May for PlayStation

Lord_Bane999

6 hours ago, Tombwarrior97 said:

Something like this has already happened to me. Not sure due to which game, however - I just know I made sure that Minecraft plat for PS4 was my 1000th trophy, and it was. Then at some point, it wasn’t anymore, according to PSNprofiles.

Sometimes stuff like that happens if your updating lists from different systems. For example when I was doing games between my Vita and PS4 at once I thought a particular title on my PS4 was my milestone but when I resync'd my Vita finally to the servers it updated and replaced the game with a Vita title that by timestamps I had completed before.

On 2022-03-25 at 5:41 PM, KCF392 said:

Here's the link to the survey: https://linktr.ee/FallGuysGame

Adding on to this, if players are interested in providing feedback I would also recommend filling out a suggestion/feedback ticket for Fall Guys Support at https://support.fallguys.com/hc/en-us/requests/new since that directly links to your account as a player.

Good idea! The survey takes like 2 mins to complete and allows you to write an extra note at the end, so I asked them to consider adding some legendary color/patterns to the Featured Items list before May 9th.

It’s a long shot of course, but if enough players do the same thing and raise this issue via their surveys or customer support, there’s a chance it could actually happen. It’s worth a shot at the very least as it takes like 2 mins of your time.

• Like 2

I still don't know what will happen to the trophies when the new launcher coming on 5th April.

Possible situation 1:

Old version launcher's trophy set will be completely deleted and transferred to the new version. This the best one but I think the chance is very low.

Possible situation 2:

Old version launcher's trophy set will stay for one month until its support is terminated, while the old trophies and progress are still transferred to the new version. You can play both old and new version in this period, and the progress will count toward each other no matter which launcher you are playing with. Which means you still have one month time to complete the trophies of the old launcher.

Possible situation 3:

You can't obtain any trophy of old version after 5th April, the trophy list will be completely broken.

I don't know which situation is the final conclusion.

updated-spid-en-1938x1082-34e3f627cb56.p

Well as the image says, old launcher will stay alive until may 9, then no one will be able to play the game there.

I've tested a few things with both launchers and if you pop a trophy on the new launcher, and go back to the old one, that trophy won't pop, but you can keep your progress in game. I have not tested the other way.

As for the launcher and performance of the game? It's the same, I guess you can say that doesn't have the log in issue since I haven't run into that problem in the new one but still happening in the old one

• Like 2

On 01/04/2022 at 9:12 AM, kloudmuka said:

I still don't know what will happen to the trophies when the new launcher coming on 5th April.

A Fall Guys Supporter wrote this:

Please rest assured there's no need to worry, as the old list will be removed eventually and replaced by the new one. As such, there will not be an unfinished list lingering in your profile—it'll be as if the switch has never happened.

Is that even possible technically? I was under the impression that a trophy list cannot be removed if at least one trophy was obtained by a PSN ID. Even if it's possible, this would screw over the people that already obtained all the trophies by taking away their platinum trophy for the OG version.

7 minutes ago, gameoncomrade said:

A Fall Guys Supporter wrote this:

Is that even possible technically? I was under the impression that a trophy list cannot be removed if at least one trophy was obtained by a PSN ID. Even if it's possible, this would screw over the people that already obtained all the trophies by taking away their platinum trophy for the OG version.

It won't happen. Support was most likely confused when giving out this answer. And if the day comes that actually happens. It would open a huge thing with Sony and people trying to get other games removed from their profiles.

2 hours ago, konaboy322 said:

Can't seem to find fall guys at all in the store? I only have 2 versions in my collection but not sure which one is the correct one?

When your in your library press triangle and select sort items by purchase date. Newest one will appear towards the top of your recent purchases.

What i found funny is that first they say the old list is going to ve removed and the next point is "Any trophy goes to the new list not the old one". If you already said the old one won't exist why would you have to clarify the second point? Lol. I think this is an answer for people who don't care about trophies but know they exist. 

What the developers and support say cannot be true, because there are already several people who have double platinum through the new trophy lists, and the developers certainly cannot take away the trophies they deserve. if anything, Sony could, and they certainly won't. Otherwise Sony could have deleted completely different lists, if I may remind you of dragon fin soup. Just as an example. Of course I can be wrong, but I think that what the developers and the support write is just an appeasement.

• Like 1

Oh.

Oh no.

I think I broke my Trophy List for Fall Guys. I saw a new Launcher was coming and the old one was retiring. I naively decided to download the new launcher without realising there was a new Trophy List. And I already deleted the old Launcher. I can still see it on my Library. There it is, right there. I select to download

and it just won't. It's not because I haven't got enough space. I have checked with the new launcher, that is getting added to downloads easily - I deleted it and chose to redownload it just to be sure. 

Well heck me eh? Heck me for looking at that pop up the game gave me and expecting something reasonable. I really should know better by now...

On 06/04/2022 at 5:23 AM, TazDevilz1986 said:

There is a new update with (Retiring) in the title?

Edit: NVM, i can still play it.

Yeah they've done that and muted the icon's colors plus add a bar with an exclamation point on it. Probably to draw more attention that's the old launcher. Starting it also gives you an automated pop up warning that launcher will cease to work in May.

3 hours ago, alldayyeezy7 said:

I just checked and was able to download the old launcher with no problem. I have not downloaded a new one yet though

Is the game a recent new purchase for you? That's something else would like to know to warn people on if new purchases already be don't include the old launcher.

5 hours ago, PolarPhantom said:

Oh.

Oh no.

I think I broke my Trophy List for Fall Guys. I saw a new Launcher was coming and the old one was retiring. I naively decided to download the new launcher without realising there was a new Trophy List. And I already deleted the old Launcher. I can still see it on my Library. There it is, right there. I select to download and it just won't. It's not because I haven't got enough space. I have checked with the new launcher, that is getting added to downloads easily - I deleted it and chose to redownload it just to be sure. 

Well heck me eh? Heck me for looking at that pop up the game gave me and expecting something reasonable. I really should know better by now...

Everyone had like two years to do these trophies and now that they're making a new list everyone is scrambling to finish them?

It's kind of your own fault for waiting so long. I got the platinum in the first three weeks. If players would have checked every day for two years, they would have already had access to the legendary cosmetics in the shop and wouldn't need to be freaking out about it now that this list is leaving.

43 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Is the game a recent new purchase for you? That's something else would like to know to warn people on if new purchases already be don't include the old launcher.

No, I got it when it was for free with ps plus. But I haven't played it for the last month or two, and I haven't had it installed. I don't think the old launcher is available for new buyers.

8 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

You're right. If every single person even potentially interested in video games, even if it's in the future and they haven't started yet, they should just platinum every single game in the first three weeks they release and then they would fix what is clearly their own fault. Fools.

Well, if someone hasn't even started this game then the list changing won't even be an issue since it won't be on their profile in the first place.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PolarPhantom said:

I think I broke my Trophy List for Fall Guys. I saw a new Launcher was coming and the old one was retiring. I naively decided to download the new launcher without realising there was a new Trophy List. And I already deleted the old Launcher. I can still see it on my Library. There it is, right there. I select to download

and it just won't. It's not because I haven't got enough space. I have checked with the new launcher, that is getting added to downloads easily - I deleted it and chose to redownload it just to be sure. 

I deleted the old launcher after getting the trophies for the new one. I tried to redownload it on my PS4 and the download started without any problem. Just to be sure I downloaded the first GB of the game and no problem at all. You should be able to download it too.

And for the records, I have an EU account.