New Launcher coming in May for PlayStation

Lord_Bane999

16 hours ago, FrostyMcNugs said:

Well, if someone hasn't even started this game then the list changing won't even be an issue since it won't be on their profile in the first place.

So either you started the game the day it came out and got lucky with RNG within 3 weeks, or you didn’t start it yet - there is no in-between, but either way, you’ve only got yourself to blame. Why even waste time posting dumb s*** like that in a forum dedicated to trophies in this very game?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tombwarrior97 said:

So either you started the game the day it came out and got lucky with RNG within 3 weeks, or you didn’t start it yet - there is no in-between, but either way, you’ve only got yourself to blame. Why even waste time posting dumb s*** like that in a forum dedicated to trophies in this very game?

I mean someone could have started in 2021 and still had a whole year to get a legendary color or whatever. I was mainly talking about people who didn't bother checking the shops for stuff like this until they announced the launcher was switching over.

If they had never announced that, then these people would still not care about getting this trophy right now. But now that there is a sudden rush, everyone is freaking out when it could have easily been avoided.

I got the platinum for this game twice so I know what I'm talking about B)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tombwarrior97 said:

It's 100% random, even in the first year some people logged on daily still couldn't get any in the store till like several months later. Other people managed to start later and get like 3-4 legendary patterns/colors in a year.

It's not always about making time, the player is essentially rolling a die with like 300 sides and they just have to hope they get it. And then if they do they still have the in-game currency that day to buy it.

19 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

It's 100% random, even in the first year some people logged on daily still couldn't get any in the store till like several months later. Other people managed to start later and get like 3-4 legendary patterns/colors in a year.

It's not always about making time, the player is essentially rolling a die with like 300 sides and they just have to hope they get it. And then if they do they still have the in-game currency that day to buy it.

I know, that’s my point. Stupid to come here and tell people to “git gud” essentially. Although, if you’ve played for a year and don’t have the trophy, I do believe that it is in part due to lacking skill, as you could technically buy out items daily until there’s nothing left but the ones you need.

so uh
1. can the old version still be purchased somehow

2. is it there enough time to even try and attempt the game now?

edit: okay yeah lol, good job me, i find out 4 days after the deadline that the original launcher can't be purchased anymore, fml.

don't have anyone who'd be able to gameshare either. aaaa

Edited by Winterglemm

41 minutes ago, Winterglemm said:

so uh
1. can the old version still be purchased somehow

2. is it there enough time to even try and attempt the game now?

edit: okay yeah lol, good job me, i find out 4 days after the deadline that the original launcher can't be purchased anymore, fml.

don't have anyone who'd be able to gameshare either. aaaa

I wouldn't recommend new players attempt the old launcher even if they had it. It's completely random getting a legendary color and pattern and with the time left even at 300 items and buying 2 a day you would still have another 200+ items to possibly get that aren't either. You would also need to grind a few -several hours everyday for wins or close wins (based on skill) just to farm enough kudos/crowns to buy items everyday as well in attempt of making it easier.

Hi,

the first list will be deleted with the old launcher:

"Hello

Thank you for your reply.

From the knowledge I have we will be retiring the old trophy list either alongside or shortly after the old launcher is removed. We'll be working alongside Sony to achieve this as many players have voiced they do not wish to see an incomplete list that cannot be changed. I understand you have concerns and promise we'll do our best to remove the list and don't foresee any issues.

If there is anything else that we can assist you with feel free to reach out to us again.

Have a nice day!
Pawel
Fall Guys Player Support "

Edited by buenoofspain

The chances of this actually happening are practically 0. There's no such precedent and Sony would never open that can of worms by demonstrating that they have the ability to do it.

Another case of outsourced support not understanding the question and/or having no clue what they're talking about. 

• Like 4

New update, after asking support twice once after a general trophy request and early the other morning after making a statistics request they are refusing to share the number of Rounds completed anymore. The first one out right refused staying the trophy for 500 rounds works as intended and will unlock properly.

The new request other morning got a reply back that they no longer do this and will pass along info to the dev team on suggestion of statistics. I asked why they weren't doing this anymore despite this being a valid option for a support ticket still. They chose to leave me on read instead and not answer back. (The second time I got that Pawel from CS a name that keeps popping up in answering tickets and giving wrong information on the List Removal.)

Please keep track of any rounds you have completed (qualified) until the old app is removed yourself. While one would hope it does unlock normally at 500 still, playing games myself before where sometimes this isn't true always. I would hate to see anyone miss out on a trophy they should've already gotten but didn't know it.

On 2022-04-15 at 3:04 AM, buenoofspain said:

From the knowledge I have we will be retiring the old trophy list either alongside or shortly after the old launcher is removed. We'll be working alongside Sony to achieve this as many players have voiced they do not wish to see an incomplete list that cannot be changed.

If this is true and they’re working with Sony to remove the list, this is actually crazy and will probably create a huge fuss that is even worse than if the trophy list was frozen unobtainable forever.

It means everyone who platinumed the original stack will lose the prestigious Ultra Rare version of the platinum, everyone who used to auto pop to earn some easy extra trophies will lose them etc.

If this actually happens I think a lot of people will flip their shit when they realize their UR Fall Guys stack has been nuked off the face of the earth. Sony might also regret opening this can of worms once they’ve demonstrated they are capable of clearing trophy lists, as I’m sure there are tons of people who want the dead weight cleared off their lists too.

On 2022-04-15 at 3:14 AM, NamoPh said:

Another case of outsourced support not understanding the question and/or having no clue what they're talking about. 

This is what I thought to, but this time Pawel says they are working alongside Sony to make that happen. 

It’s been pointed out many times previously that in order to do something like this, Sony would have to be involved. And if he has knowledge that they are in fact involved and cooperating with the launcher change, then I think the chances of this unprecedented situation actually happening just got a lot higher. ?

Removal of the old list will not happen. Any CS staff saying this really doesn't understand how a removal/delisting actually works. They assume everything attached to the original version is getting removed from access which isn't true.

Further if anyone checks the official faq on their site or Twitter. It specifically states only all unlocked trophies and progress will move to the new version's list. But it does not state specifically the removal of the old one.

• Like 1

It'll be interesting to see what actually happens when the old launcher gets removed entirely.

Like others, I think the old trophy list is there to stay, and if so they'll have an issue due to the conflicting information they've sent out so far. If it does get removed somehow, that'll be a different fuss entirely.

On 4/27/2022 at 2:13 AM, DORE145 said:

Well I've got the one trophy I was worrying about the most. The Track Star.
Now the only one left is the Golden Guy. About 6 or 7 wins more in 2 weeks. 
Wish me luck guys.

Sweet Thieves is coming back right before launcher closes..it should be a cake walk if you did nothing except farm the event like the last time when it was out for players.

16 minutes ago, U_mad_bro7778 said:

Sweet Thieves is coming back right before launcher closes..it should be a cake walk if you did nothing except farm the event like the last time when it was out for players.

Is this confirmed?  I only need Infallible and have been searching for this exact news!

17 hours ago, U_mad_bro7778 said:

Thanks for the great news man, appreciate that.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve read in a few social media posts that Sony are removing all old trophy lists from profiles which will affect milestones etx on this website , can anyone confirm or deny this is the case please and thanks :)

Update: Please ignore , the developer had replied via Twitter to a Q&A stating the trophies would be deleted but after clarification, they meant the old launcher trophies will no longer be unobtainable , sorry for the panic guys …

Edited by amurnin100

If it's coming from MediaTonic, they don't know what they are talking about unless they have greater pull than we realize with Sony and the trophy system. If it's something officially from Sony about Fall Guys and removal of their trophies, I would trust their word on that. So far, my Platinum for the Fall Guys old launcher is still there.

Edited by POEman553
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

If it's coming from MediaTonic, they don't know what they are talking about unless they have greater pull than we realize with Sony and the trophy system. If it's something officially from Sony about Fall Guys and removal of their trophies, I would trust their word on that. So far, my Platinum for the Fall Guys old launcher is still there.

I realized it was May 9th today and came to check in on this too. So far so good, the old trophies are still there, but I’m curious to know if anything will happen today. A lot of people seem to be under the impression the old trophies will be removed entirely, and if this happens there’s gonna be a riot fo sho!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

9 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

I realized it was May 9th today and came to check in on this too. So far so good, the old trophies are still there, but I’m curious to know if anything will happen today. A lot of people seem to be under the impression the old trophies will be removed entirely, and if this happens there’s gonna be a riot fo sho!

Best checking in 24 hours and reporting back , just to reassure others :)

27 minutes ago, ZEE11W said:

I thought May 9th the game is going F2P and we get a PS5 version. Did I misunderstood it, or the game still going free to play soon along with PS5 version. 

No PS5 version announced yet. The version being removed was to fix the change of Publishers happening. New lists/versions added are still only PS4 but split between a separate NA and EU lists