Can a trophy be missing from a physical disc?

I've completely finished CSI: Fatal Conspiracy, but am still missing the Thanks For Playing trophy, which is supposed to unlock some time after letting the opening credits play during the very first case.  I've done the following:

- Synced trophies to PS3 servers (just to make sure I didn't miss it pop)

- Removed all game data

- Played offline

- Signed out, created a second profile (still didn't pop, but Under The Hood did when I pulled up the PDA)

- Reset the PS3 to factory settings

After all of that, this jerk still won't show up and it's all I need for the platinum.  Anyone have any other suggestions?  Is it possible the disc simply doesn't have it coded in, since it isn't recognizing it on an empty profile?  I've never heard of that before, but I've run out of explanations.  Or, am I just screwed and stuck at 98% forever?

4 minutes ago, BigBallOfHate said:

I've completely finished CSI: Fatal Conspiracy, but am still missing the Thanks For Playing trophy, which is supposed to unlock some time after letting the opening credits play during the very first case.  I've done the following:

- Synced trophies to PS3 servers (just to make sure I didn't miss it pop)

- Removed all game data

- Played offline

- Signed out, created a second profile (still didn't pop, but Under The Hood did when I pulled up the PDA)

- Reset the PS3 to factory settings

After all of that, this jerk still won't show up and it's all I need for the platinum.  Anyone have any other suggestions?  Is it possible the disc simply doesn't have it coded in, since it isn't recognizing it on an empty profile?  I've never heard of that before, but I've run out of explanations.  Or, am I just screwed and stuck at 98% forever?

Unlikely that there would be a special small-run disc pressing that resulted in only a small number of people having that trophy data "missing". The trophy has a 96.24% rarity here and 88.3% PSN rarity. If it were missing from the disc, I would expect more people impacted and likely a patch available to fix that since so many people have earned it.

Is it possible there is something other than what you've been doing that pops this trophy? It says "Watched the opening sequence", any chance that's not the opening credits you're referring to during the first case?

2 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Unlikely that there would be a special small-run disc pressing that resulted in only a small number of people having that trophy data "missing". The trophy has a 96.24% rarity here and 88.3% PSN rarity. If it were missing from the disc, I would expect more people impacted and likely a patch available to fix that since so many people have earned it.

Is it possible there is something other than what you've been doing that pops this trophy? It says "Watched the opening sequence", any chance that's not the opening credits you're referring to during the first case?

Completely agree, which is why I don't get what's happening.  I've watched the attract screen that happens when you leave it on the main menu for too long while doing nothing, I've watched the credits from the main menu, and the opening sequence of the first case without touching anything.  According to the walkthrough on playstationtrophies.org, that last one is where the trophy should show up.