Games with Good Humor

LegendExeter

Procession to Calvary! 

Small indie game that is maybe 1,5-2 hours long. It has very Monty Python-esque humor, definitely not for everyone, but me and everyone around me found it hilarious, it was created entirely with old paintings. 

It does make fun of religion though, so that put off some more uptight people though.

On the trophy hunter side- platinums is 1/10 difficulty, overall fantastic little game by a single dev

• Like 3

Shütshimi: Seriously Swole  ?
Small shoot'em up game with a dorky humor. I mean, you're playing as a fish with muscle arms, wear sunglasses and can bounce around a bouncy castle! I had an amazing time with this game, and on top of that it didn't take too long to get 100%. You can play couch co-op with 3 other people as well!

Let it Die
I don't think this is a good recommendation if you're looking for small, funny games, but Let it Die has a strange, sometimes dark humor, especially in the beginning. If I had to describe the gameplay, it would be souls-like. The game can take a LOT of time (I'm talking about several 100 hours) and as it's a free game, it comes with microtransactions that can be useful, but are not needed at all!
Everything in this game has a kinda sarcastic humor to it, it's fantastic. Wanna shoot a firework gun at a zombie? Go for it! Wanna collect stamps from boss heads? Sounds weird, but the game has it! If you catch a pvp fighter, they will be kept in the toilet. Release them, and they shoot like a rocket through the ceiling, gifting you with a final fart sound. A majority of consumables are mushrooms, and a pole dancing mushroom lady sells you stat boosts. I don't even want to start on the finisher moves... ?

• Like 1

The Lair of the Clockwork Gods is a fun little indie game wherein you switch between playing a point and click character, and another character who has decided that point and click games are outdated and that he wants to be a platformer. You can attempt to use your bladder (which is an item you use) on the other character, with appropriate dialogue, which should give you a sense as to the game's sense of humor.

Additionally, it's a sequel to the "Ben There, Dan that" and "Time Gentlemen, please!" games of old, if you've ever played those.

Edited by Darling Baphomet
  • Like 1

These would be my choices for PSN:

Tales of the Borderlands

Octodad: Daddliest catch

South Park FBH and SoT.

Donut County 

Untitled Goose game 

Undertale 

Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal (funniest one in the series) 

Job Simulator

Deathspank games

When it comes to Nintendo exclusives Paper Mario, Mario Luigi Superstar Sagas, and Persona Q series come to mind. 

• Like 3

The radio commericals in the old GTA's were hilarious.  Interesting how satire in GTA III has become reality when it comes to gambling apps and pharmaceutical commericals.  Insulting everyone at the camp in RDR 2 until someone knocked you out was a fun time too.  R* was always good when it came to pissing off all types of people.

• Like 1

- The Deponia series.

- the Rock of Ages games

- some of the sidequests from the Yakuza series

- Punch Line

- some of the skits in the Tales of series.

- some of the endings in the Tekken series

-  the Destroy All Humans games

- the Shantae games

- Bulletstorm

- Bud Spencer & Terence Hill: Slaps and Beans

- Nippon Marathon

- Zenith

- the Sengoku Basara games

Unintentional;

- Autobahn Police Simulator 2

- Troll & I

• Like 2

How am I the first person to mention the Portal series!? The Puzzle Agent series is great as well.

I agree with Bulletstorm, and I will add Shadows of the Damned. Toilet-humor galore, & immature as AA or AAA can get, but they're just so outrageous & stupid I can't help but laugh.

Some PC games I'd highly recommend are:

Frog Fractions

The Stanley Parable

The Legend of Kyrandia

Didn't realize The Bards Tale was that funny. I'll have to play it ASAP. It was included in one of the handful of Playstation Humble Bundles, if I'm not mistaken.

• Like 3

Yakuza Like a Dragon is one of the funnier games I have played recently. The main character Ichiban, is a lovable goofball with delusions of being a video game hero in real life which makes for some great dialog and cutscenes. Also, the game in general has a ton of tongue in cheek references to games like Dragon Quest and Pokémon. 

• Like 1

First game that comes to my mind is Hell Yeah!. Mostly situational comedy but I remember i found this game funny.

I'm usually on the other edge of the spectrum, playing games with, eventually, dramatic situations but I think King's Quest could count as a funny game. Graham is such a goofy character.

Totally backing up the Undertale suggestion too !

• Like 1

There's a lot of humorous games and personally I enjoy them a lot. Here's some notable ones off the top of my head: 

• Day of the Tentacle
  • Death Coming
  • Hitman (1 - 3 from the new trilogy)
  • Hypnospace Outlaw
  • Paper Mario series
  • Portal 2
  • The Procession to Calvary
  • West of Loathing
  • Yakuza series
Edited by Eyjabria

My suggestion would be Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3.

In my eyes, such an awesome strategy game for consoles, highly underrated. The humor is based around the absurdity of the Cold War. And the addition of a 3rd fraction, the Japanese with their exaggerated technology-based units makes all the difference.

The game has everything: Bears, beautiful women, the EA headquarters ingame for you to destroy however you see fit, Einstein and a messed up space-time continuum... did I say 'bears'?!... well, it's worth saying again... seriously dude, what more could you possibly want?

I haven't played that many games with good comedy or an aim to make the player laugh. But ill give a few games that i have found to be funny.

Guardians of the Galaxy  (Funniest game i have played. Comedy is similar to the movies)

Ratchet and Clank Series (Haven't played any of them in a while but i remember them being funny)

Immortals Fenyx Rising (I remember the comedy being similar to Ratchet and clank)

Yakuza Games (I haven't played many of the yakuza games yet, but i have heard they are funny in sort of stupid ways, i can't really describe it but its funny non-the-less)

Devil May Cry Series (Maybe not the funniest of games but they have their moments like the Yakuza Games)

Fortnite Save the World (Probably not the best recommendation on here but the writing and comedy in this is surprisingly good, at least that's what i think)

Edit:  

A couple extra i forgot about: Stanley Parable, Deep Rock Galactic.

Edited by JakBrod
Forgot Some
  • Like 1

In addition to a lot of good suggestions already posted here, I’d say:

Trover Saves the Universe, The Outer Worlds, Bully or Killer is Dead.

Rumour has it that playing Cyberpunk 2077 unpatched on a 1st gen PS4 has some Hellzapoppin’ moments as well.

Edit: I’m amazed we all forgot about the Saints Row franchise! :) also just remembered Lollipop Chainsaw...

Edited by KennethMcCormick