Trophy Thoughts

SaffronBun82

I heard good things about the game. I realized this game had trophy list.

Sadly, Timberborn does not have an achievement list (Even on Steam), Hope to see the Playstation port with trophies.

Looking forward to playing the third Crusader Kings game since I've never played these games.

Edited by SaffronBun82

15 minutes ago, grizflips said:

I imagine the Ironman mode ones will be difficult?

Ironman is just "only autosave" but if it can be cheesed like pc by (id imagine) just continually uploading & downloading the save from the cloud then that part is negligable with some patience.

I will say its weird they dont have all of the original achievements over in this list, like blood eagle or a perfect circle, but eh, maybe theyll show up later.

At short glance I'm predicting the hardest trophy to be Mother of Us All. If it's identical to the achievement in the Steam version the "local" in the description of this trophy means ALL of Africa which is a huge and annoying (terrain wise) continent in this game. Might also be that they made it easier for the console version because the achievement is worded differently but I wouldn't count on it. Haven't completed all of these achievements on Steam because I've played mainly multiplayer with friends but this one I know, if identical to Steam version, will be the platinum killer for many because it was very brutal at the launch of the game. Even now less than 1% have completed it on Steam. The other gold trophy is a bit easier because you can start the game as the already powerful Byzantine Empire.

Edited by AvariceInc
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, TehUberCheezCatz said:

Ironman is just "only autosave" but if it can be cheesed like pc by (id imagine) just continually uploading & downloading the save from the cloud then that part is negligable with some patience.

I will say its weird they dont have all of the original achievements over in this list, like blood eagle or a perfect circle, but eh, maybe theyll show up later.

Thank you for the clarification!

• 3 months later...

Just wondering, instead of making a new topic

Have they patched hook line sinker?

Appears to be the only trophy that is at 0%

Just got the game, watched the spiffing Brit play this a while ago. Looks fun,

Just wondering if it' isn't, if there's a patch in coming 

On 21/06/2022 at 6:42 AM, Blackmist_FFXI said:

Just wondering, instead of making a new topic

Have they patched hook line sinker?

Appears to be the only trophy that is at 0%

Just got the game, watched the spiffing Brit play this a while ago. Looks fun,

Just wondering if it' isn't, if there's a patch in coming 

Nah they just released some useless patch a week ago just to show they are working on the bugs in this game but honestly doubt there's more than a couple people doing anything related to this game. The save corruption seems gone on Xbox now but almost none of the listed few fixes were on PS5...

Mother of Us All
As Daurama Daura of Kano, 867, reform a pagan faith & convert all local Counties. Ironman Mode ON.

This description is wrong.  I tried reforming a faith and having only 3 counties (all holy sites), converted all to new Bori and it did not unlock.  

What it should say is: 

Starting as Daurama Daura of Kano, 867, reform a pagan faith and have a DYNASTY that convert all AFRICAN Counties. Ironman Mode ON.    

I was able to unlock it once my last non "Old-Bori" county was converted to Bori and I had all counties in Africa.  I used the "Unite Africa" Decision.  Hispania, Byzantine Empire, and Arabia were the large military threats. By the end (1100 AD), I never converted to Feudalism and had about 20,000 Levy + Seige as the military units + Alliances with distant military powers (Norse). 

As Daurama Daura, make sure to have Rightful Liege for vassals, raid early on for gold, go on pilgrimages every 15 years.  Your starting Rival is nearing a plot to murder you right away. Eventually, Vassalize your husband and Neighbors working east to your first empire.  Take Piety for every option. Work towards The Prophet perk for Piety Costs reduced by 50% (3rd Learning tree). 

My new Faith was matching Bori except:

Tennant 1: WarMonger - You will almost always be at war, so this helps prevent angry vassals

Tennant 2: Human Sacrifice - Sacrifice heathen prisoners of no value to gain Piety, use Piety to fund Holy Wars and have a nice stable of infidels to sacrifice for your heir to build Dread and Piety. 

Tennant 3: I saw online people recommending Monasticism, to be able to make Succession easier by converting bad heirs to Monks.  I didn't really use it that much.  You can also Destroy Titles for kingdoms so they don't pass down, Murder if not your direct child, Disinherit, or Ask to Become Monk for men of age (can use a hook).

Religious Attitude: Righteous (revoke evil faiths titles and place your own faith in their place)

Early on  I was the rightful liege and went to wars to those that wont Vassalize.  Next, I focused on getting all the Culture unlocks to Feudalize (but never did). Converting to Feudal usually capped my Military strength and made it too expensive to operate wars.  Eventually I would Plot Kidnappings against rulers and time their success with the start of wars with large military powers.  Each new heir gets 1 Kingdom and 1 Subjugation, so use them wisely.  (Note when Subjugating, release all landed prisoners for hooks so you can convert their faith.  Capture as many vassals before enforcing demands as it makes the conversion process easier.)  After controlling all of Africa - The final objective was convert faith.  I would fabricate hooks and Demand conversions of vassals.  Get the perk to convert faith regardless of Fervor strength (it took my priest 3-4 years to convert each counties faith).

Edited by Reaper55
  • Like 1

On 6/23/2022 at 5:13 AM, AvariceInc said:

Nah they just released some useless patch a week ago just to show they are working on the bugs in this game but honestly doubt there's more than a couple people doing anything related to this game. The save corruption seems gone on Xbox now but almost none of the listed few fixes were on PS5...

Ya I saw the update notes on a website affiliated with paradox saying that they all but fixed the Xbox issues but PlayStation got shafted

• 7 months later...

On the current patch at least Norman Yoke appears to be broken. (Though that one can apparently be unlocked via downgrading to vanilla as someone claimed in the other thread.)

The Royal Court DLC is not implemented yet, so I don't think they "abandoned" it yet.

I am hoping they fix Norman Yoke with the implementation of Royal Court, so I don't have to resort to try downgrading my digital version...

• 2 months later...
19 minutes ago, ElektrickRage said:

The trophy list is badly bugged! Countless trophies not popping when they should, it is almost unplayable how broken it is.

Jesus it's been over 4 months and no fixes for Norman Yoke it seems... xD Seeing you just started the game, are you sure you enabled Ironman mode at the start? It's required for most of the trophies and it's off by default so you have to toggle it on before each game. I was just thinking of returning to finish it but yeah no point before seeing what happens on Royal Court patch which looks like is coming on May 17.

21 minutes ago, AvariceInc said:

Jesus it's been over 4 months and no fixes for Norman Yoke it seems... xD Seeing you just started the game, are you sure you enabled Ironman mode at the start? It's required for most of the trophies and it's off by default so you have to toggle it on before each game. I was just thinking of returning to finish it but yeah no point before seeing what happens on Royal Court patch which looks like is coming on May 17.

I did the tutorial first which unlocked trophies for that then I started ironman mode, and now nothing is popping. I have a feeling the tutorial is what bugged it and what a tutorial it was. I am trying to delete my saves and uninstall and I will know it is still bugged if I don't get a trophy for "producing a child". I will update.

I can confirm now it is the tutorial that makes the trophies buggy, either that or the save system? I guess I will find out if it's the save system. It would be annoying to regularly delete the save. After I deleted the save file and reinstalled it gave me some trophies.

Do you have to do ironman for everything? For some it doesn't specify you have to do it in ironman like the Ireland and Catholic Hungary one.

25 minutes ago, ElektrickRage said:

I can confirm now it is the tutorial that makes the trophies buggy, either that or the save system? I guess I will find out if it's the save system. It would be annoying to regularly delete the save. After I deleted the save file and reinstalled it gave me some trophies.

Do you have to do ironman for everything? For some it doesn't specify you have to do it in ironman like the Ireland and Catholic Hungary one.

Haven't tried the tutorial since the launch last year so can't say anything about that but yeah weird enough some trophies don't require Ironman but I'd still always toggle it on because you might get new ideas or opportunities as the game progresses to get some of the trophies that do require Ironman.

18 minutes ago, ElektrickRage said:

I found out also what the problem is, you cannot put anything in the "game rules" where there is a trophy 1f3c6.png icon. Selecting these options will lock you out of your trophy, it doesn't tell you but shows you a symbol. Now that I know this it should be alright.

The game rule changes that still allow trophies to be earned generally only allow you to make things harder for yourself but there are couple that can save you from a massive headache like "Exclave Independence". If a strong faraway kingdom/empire gets some disconnected counties near you that you really need you basically have slim chances of nabbing it anytime soon but setting it to "Total AI" can be huge for you. :P Matrilinear marriage rules or inverted gender equality can make some achievements easier but be careful because messing with those can make succession way more complicated and end your game unexpectedly. I believe the game allows to change those too while keeping trophies enabled but can't remember exactly. xD 

• Like 1