Servers back online!

SiC

Message from Kaz

2022/03/18

To all our users:

I wanted to explain what happened in this update.

Immediately before the release of the 1.07 update, we discovered an issue where the game would not start properly in some cases on product versions for the PS4 and PS5.

This was a rare issue that was not seen during tests on the development hardware or the QA sessions prior to the release, but in order to prioritize the safety of the save data of the users, we decided to interrupt the release of the 1.07 update, and to make a 1.08 correctional update.

This is the reason for the delay.
My sincere apologies for the late report to everyone.

Also in this update, some event rewards have been adjusted. I wanted to also explain the reasons for it and our plans going forward.

In GT7 I would like to have users enjoy lots of cars and races even without microtransactions.
At the same time the pricing of cars is an important element that conveys their value and rarity, so I do think it’s important for it to be linked with the real world prices.
I want to make GT7 a game in which you can enjoy a variety of cars lots of different ways, and if possible would like to try to avoid a situation where a player must mechanically keep replaying certain events over and over again.

We will in time let you know the update plans for additional content, additional race events and additional features that will constructively resolve this.
It pains me that I can’t explain the details regarding this at this moment, but we plan on continuing to revise GT7 so that as many players as possible can enjoy the game.
We would really appreciate it if everyone could watch over the growth of Gran Turismo 7 from a somewhat longer term point of view.

Kazunori Yamauchi

Edited by DaivRules

It might have been offline for 24 hours plus, but it was largely unplayable for over a week before due to the bugs in 1.06...   I was frozen out of licences and any events where I had won a prize car for all that time, meaning very little progress was possible

46 minutes ago, ACOLDGHOST_ said:

Do I understand the problem and the resulting need for server maintenance? Yes. 
Do I believe that GT7 will be made a better game in the future through updates and content expansions? Yes, I believe even that.

But the reason why credits were reduced for certain events in the game.... Sorry, but can't take it seriously. "I want players to enjoy many cars and races in GT7 even without microtransactions." And that's why you reduce payouts for almost every race imaginable in the game? That's totally contradictory, isn't it? And if players want to run the same race over and over again? So, what? It's up to each player to decide how and when to race. Because everyone defines fun diferently. I have no understanding for that at all. Sometimes realism has to go. At the latest when it gets in the way of the fun of the game. I couldn't care less if vehicle X costs just as much as it does in real life, if that means, that I have to drive 1 week to get it. 

Exactly and even worse when you consider that even if it were true, the part " if possible would like to try to avoid a situation where a player must mechanically keep replaying certain events over and over again" is extremely messed up. Basically if this statement is true, he's saying "Play the game how I want you to play, not your way". Terrible statement on their end.

• Like 1

In GT7 I would like to have users enjoy lots of cars and races even without microtransactions.

At the same time the pricing of cars is an important element that conveys their value and rarity, so I do think it’s important for it to be linked with the real world prices.

Also Kaz

wHy1zRA.gif 

• Like 2

Imo (and its just my opinion) i think people need to stop bitching about the devs reducing the rewards and enjoy this great game. 

Maybe the devs want us to play this game for more than a month. A quality game like this does'nt come around too often.

They are quickly fixing the main problems in the game which is the main thing.

Im sure someone will find a new way to quickly farm credits anyway

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Imo (and its just my opinion) i think people need to stop bitching about the devs reducing the rewards and enjoy this great game. 

Maybe the devs want us to play this game for more than a month. A quality game like this does'nt come around too often.

They are quickly fixing the main problems in the game which is the main thing.

Im sure someone will find a new way to quickly farm credits anyway

The problem is the game lacks so much content. I've beaten just about the entire single player game already, and there's nothing else to do besides grind for credits for the expensive cars (and online, but im not a huge fan so I'm not rushing to do that). This isn't a live service game, so why should we have to wait for months or years to actually receive the content deserving of a full priced game? It just doesn't make much sense to me.

The gameplay and graphics are fantastic, which is why people are complaining. We were promised the "best GT game ever" and what we got was a GT Sport sequel with less content.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Games been out 2 weeks. Give em chance

what I’m saying is that they put out a statement but have done absolutely NOTHING that complements it, but instead have done everything to contradict it 

put another way… what have they actually done that “avoids a situation where a player must mechanically keep replaying certain events over and over again” ??

Edited by MonaSaxPayne
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

i think people need to stop bitching about the devs reducing the rewards and enjoy this great game. 

Maybe the devs want us to play this game for more than a month.

How can I enjoy this game, when i compleated main game. Now I cannot play even mp cos I have to grind same races over again for cars? Maybe if i wait 6 months or year and come back to see again if there is something to enjoy?

• Like 1

When will the internet know to keep this stuff quiet. Everytime multiple places reveal an easy way the next patch always screws that up. 

I also don't get why people think a game should instantly be finished in a week or 2. Game like this is something should be enjoyed for a long time and not just for a couple weeks.

Plus it's not like there isn't other games to play

46 minutes ago, kontommi said:

How can I enjoy this game, when i compleated main game. Now I cannot play even mp cos I have to grind same races over again for cars? Maybe if i wait 6 months or year and come back to see again if there is something to enjoy?

You cant play multiplayer because you have no cars? How as that happened. Im not being funny, just curious. Im new to the game but loving it so far

is possible, but if you want to be among the 10. You have to have a certain car in a certain category and certain tires etc,
the basic game doesn't give them all. there has to be a lot of cr that can compete in daily races. repeating the same race 
is really boring.. there is far too little to do in single player into a full game.

2 hours ago, malachi1987 said:

When will the internet know to keep this stuff quiet. Everytime multiple places reveal an easy way the next patch always screws that up. 

They probably made those decisions based on their own data of which races are being repeatedly run, rather than by reading PSNProfiles.

• Like 3