Is the platinum worth it?

willmill97

You need 16 persons for 1 trophy .. 

then you need to boost 150 + hours with 1 guy + some hours with 2 guys to get multi kills.. 

OH and btw, the leaderboard aren't updating and havnt been since december so the plat is unobtainable right now .. But they might fix this, or they won't..

• Like 1

You need 16 persons for 1 trophy .. 

then you need to boost 150 + hours with 1 guy + some hours with 2 guys to get multi kills.. 

OH and btw, the leaderboard aren't updating and havnt been since december so the plat is unobtainable right now .. But they might fix this, or they won't..

It's a good game, but I gave up on platinum. It's ridiculous the amount of grind needed and just like Malik said it's unobtainable right now.

I heard they fixed it: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/far-cry-2/220400-servers-shutting-down-6.html

Not worth the effort in my opinion. Sadly some of the platinium trophies that involve frustating online tasking get mostly impossible to get after some years of the game coming out. If somehow you are hunting platiniums in old games u should choose those that not include online efforts.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not difficult, but it's definitely time consuming. I'm debating doing it myself, since I have a physical copy and my PS+ copy. I've self boosted to lvl 10, and it's boooooring.

I did 1K it on the 360, but there were some advantages over there:

Custom Map designed for rapid boosting. Sped things up considerably.

No crashing after 2-3 games

Party chat- the ONLY reason I completed the game was because I found 2 really great guys to boost with. If I hadn't found them, I likely wouldn't have done it.  

Even with the custom map, it took me 69 in game hours to complete everything, and I'd say I was pretty efficient. We spent 3-6 hours every Friday night for like 3 months.

On a side note, you can still find legit games on weekends. Usually on one of the cool player maps.

I say it is worth it. The online trophies are a huge grind, no doubt, but they are not hard. One trophy does require an organized group of 16 players, but all the others only need two or three. And the single player is great, as well. Everybody says that it sucks, but it doesn't if you do it right. Don't go in guns blazin' or attack every enemy that you see. Most enemies can be avoided. It will save you a lot of time.

I don't have the platinum yet, but am close to finishing the multiplayer grind. Then mop up the remaining single player.  

• Like 1