"Pop Goes Perfection" randomly unlocked?

2 hours ago, Couga83 said:

I have the feeling that a lot of the trophies unlock totally random.

I got the trophies for 30 correct answers in Sports, Art and Geography after questions that had nothing to do with these categories.

With those, I wondered if it was just a delay, and they popped on the next question when the 30th was considered "completed". I'm not sure if there's a way to check.

But I've reported issues with this trophy, and the Wedge Warrior one, as I've got 100+ wedges earned and that's still locked for me. I assume maybe the one for 30 wins may also have issues but I've not won 30 games to know yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, anxietycrossing said:

But I've reported issues with this trophy, and the Wedge Warrior one, as I've got 100+ wedges earned and that's still locked for me.

Yeah, that one didn't unlock for me as well even though I have more than enough wedges.

I think that the 30 wedges trophy actually is the Pop Goes Perfection trophy. That one randomly popped for me too in a 3-round gameshow, but in the same show I got 30 titles, so I think they are completely switched around. 30 wedges pops for 30 titles, 30 titles pops for the Perfection, and the Perfection is the 30 wedges trophy. If you think about it, it makes more sense that Pop Goes Perfection is a Gold trophy rather than a Bronze. It adds up with the experience that other trophies popped when they shouldn’t either, with the different categories.

The 30 wins popped liked it should. Haven’t been able to test if I’m right about the Perfection trophy, because I personally don’t want to google the answers. 

If you compare it to the trophy list from the first Trivial Pursuit game it just makes the theory even more plausible. 

Edit: You can tell on the percentage on those two trophies too that something is either bugged or switched around. I believe it’s the second option. 

Edited by thomas125
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, thomas125 said:

I think that the 30 wedges trophy actually is the Pop Goes Perfection trophy. That one randomly popped for me too in a 3-round gameshow, but in the same show I got 30 titles, so I think they are completely switched around. 30 wedges pops for 30 titles, 30 titles pops for the Perfection, and the Perfection is the 30 wedges trophy. If you think about it, it makes more sense that Pop Goes Perfection is a Gold trophy rather than a Bronze. It adds up with the experience that other trophies popped when they shouldn’t either, with the different categories.

I played for the "Pop Goes Perfection" trophy manually with a second controller and Google. Means I played a perfect round with only correct answers and the trophy poped like it should and not the 30 wedges one.

I thought maybe it could be a difference with the EU and US version, but I see we both played the EU version? In that case it just seems random. I guess we just have to wait and see until more people have played. 

Has anyone reported it to the developers and got a response back?

12 minutes ago, thomas125 said:

I thought maybe it could be a difference with the EU and US version, but I see we both played the EU version? In that case it just seems random. I guess we just have to wait and see until more people have played. 

Has anyone reported it to the developers and got a response back?

I reported it when I started this thread. I bought the game on release day so I imagine it's under investigation by now.

6 minutes ago, anxietycrossing said:

I reported it when I started this thread. I bought the game on release day so I imagine it's under investigation by now.

Okey, good. I see that me and you had about the same thing happen. 3-round gameshow with some wrong answers. That’s why I thought it was connected to the 30 titles being unlocked, since that happened in-game earlier in the episode. 

I can confirm that the 30 Wedges trophy(Wedge Warrior) popped when I got a perfect gameshow. So in my case the trophies are mixed up. Like I said before, Pop Goes Perfection popped for me around the same time I got 30 titles completed on my screen. It might not be the case for everyone though, I’m not sure if it’s different regions other than being an EU and US version. 

I will send them a report and let them know my experience with this. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, thomas125 said:

I can confirm that the 30 Wedges trophy(Wedge Warrior) popped when I got a perfect gameshow. So in my case the trophies are mixed up. Like I said before, Pop Goes Perfection popped for me around the same time I got 30 titles completed on my screen. It might not be the case for everyone though, I’m not sure if it’s different regions other than being an EU and US version. 

I will send them a report and let them know my experience with this. 

I can second this. Just got the trophy.

• 3 weeks later...
On 19.4.2022 at 7:07 AM, MidnightDragon said:

Trivial Pursuit updated to 1.02 and it said it fixed some issues with trophies, so maybe they'll pop correctly now.

I can confirm this.

After I earned a new edge with version 1.02 "Edge Warrior" popped for me.