Trophy thoughts?

-SK

Definitely have a podcast ready if you're going for this plat. Tons of collectibles everywhere on the map, we're talking in the hundreds with all types of collectibles combined. Mopping up while listening to podcasts will help ease the tedium.

Edited by whassupbun

1 hour ago, Voland44 said:

old days developers simply "i wonder what else we can add to keep busy players more and more AND MORE". which usally ended up with online boosting, situational nonsense, unbalansed difficulties, grind and other crappy trophies designed for cheap extending playertime. not a meaningful challenge.

again, this is depends on the game. for example ninja gaiden designed for challenge, so it should have difficulty trophies. or we have uncharted, which is story driven blockbuster, so combat not designed as some hardcore survival shooter. as for Ghostwire, we know long before release, that it wasnt supposed to be some hardcore game. just some AAA casual "spiritual" action. 

TL;DR nowadays platinum become some sort of "roadmap" for games, which is much better attitude, i think. 

Well that's just like, your opinion man.

• Like 1

Really simple and straightforward plat, very short story, only six chapters and a couple of them only last minutes.

Collecting the spirits does become mind numbing, but is fairly quick by the time you come to concentrating on remaining ones and grappling wherever you want for quick access. I’d also agree the general mechanics themselves become repetitive, such as the fighting mechanics,  But I wouldn’t say it ever dropped into pure boredom territory, it doesn’t really last long enough for that, more just accepting the mechanics won’t evolve much beyond what you learn in the first hour.

final review after plat:

anticipation: 3/5  - it looked interesting and a bit different

enjoyment: 3/5 - it was interesting enough, but not that different

retrospect: 2/5 - pleasant to play, but too simple and too short to remain in the memory for long

8/15 overall

Just a heads up:

According to Powerpyx's guide there is one missable trophy.

Defeat all 23 visitors. 2 of them spawn a limited number of times and when you Come close and they see you they summon other enemies and then run away and wont come back.

Enemies: Forlorn and Forsaken ( Kids in yellow and Red raincoats)

On 3/30/2022 at 5:45 PM, Voland44 said:

welp, you should have been more straighforward and say that you miss "diffculty option" trophies. but thing is, not every game NEED "over the top" difficulty. some can be fun just as it is. its better have freedom, rather than forced unbalanced crap like "brutal" in uncharted remasters or "uber" in wolfenstein 2 without deaths. difficulty should be DESIGNED for the game, like FromSoft games or Ninja Gaiden. 

apart from that, this platinum is pretty much want you to actually complete game to 100% with doing everything, and not 50% like horizon you mentioned. btw sony intended making platinums "easy" for better sales.

And it's all subjective, but for me, doable and easy are two different things when it comes to trophies.

For example, you could have a game with a trophy that requires you to do some task that doesn't require great skill but you need to do it x number times that would take, say, 30-40 hours. I'd be capable of doing it, but hell if I'd call that "easy".

I didn't realize this but you can add relics to your map tracker from the nekomata stalls.

I didn't really want to open a guide if the collectibles had a built-in tracking feature so this was nice for me.

EDIT: Also, to each their own, but I've played a number of open world games and so far I've been relatively happy with the collectibles in this game. Would I have preferred less collectibles? Yes. But as far as open world games with collecting trophies go, I'm pretty okay with this one. I'm not sure why yet, but I just am.

Edited by h4mx0r

Just got the platinum of this game. It was pretty fun gameplay wise and tokyo looked amazing. I had fun chasing the spirits because they were all over the place and had the beads to make it more hide and seek like.  After the ~115 relics and the Kk notes it was getting a bit tedious that there was still beads, voice records, upgrade shrines, RNG food and drink, outfits.. paring that back would have been nice but overall with nothing missable and most easily tracked in game it wasn't too bad. 

Really liked the game up until the motorcycle point of no return at the end of chapter 4. Mari felt so underdeveloped and kinda cliché that i really just did not care at all about her story and basically just looked at my phone through most of chapter 6.  Most of the side missions were better written and more interesting than the main story. 

Overall a fine game that i did have fun with and don't regret playing but definitely would have preferred the evil within 3. Probably a 6.5-7/10. 

Edited by JunkSkelington

I wonder of Hyakko spawn rate is tied to some cooldown timer. Anecdotally, two times I've gotten it to show up were just me leaving the game to go do something else, and then coming back later and bam it shows up down the next big street I travel.

Also got the platinum just now. Very simple straightforward trophy list. Just a bit of RNG re-rolling elements that extend the trophy hunt a little bit.

I feel like the game got cut short or something. There's a lot of unused space on the left side of the map that you can move your cursor around, and like previously mentioned, everything after Chapter 4 seems kind of rushed along plot-wise. I was really digging it and wanting to keep moving forward and then it sort of just ends. I really hope they don't abandon the franchise. There's a lot of potential here that could be further developed. Kinda like how TE2 was just an improvement on TE1 in most ways.

On 26/03/2022 at 8:46 PM, DantoriusD said:

Played it for around 13 hrs now and tbh its so much wasted Potential. The Combat with only 3 Attack Spells feels really boring to me. The Open World is again Bloated with symbols everywhere at least i can turn Markers on and off.

The Trophies itself are typical Open World Stuff with Tons of Collectibles.

Sad i was really hyped for this Game and Shibuya itself looks soooooooo good. Story had a lot of Potential which is absolut not used. Glad i didnt payed full price due to ps+ Discount and a Amazon giftcard which i used for a psn Card.

Dunno what they doing at Tango Gameworks. Its same like Evil Within. Great Start but dropped really hard really fast.

It definitely could have been better. Good premise, art direction and environment but gameplay loop is at a barely serviceable level.

I can confirm the raincoat kids spawning rate has been patched. I accidently came across them in an area without knowing where they will appear and they screamed and disappeared. I later used a guide to find them, and they had appeared in the same spots that I had initially saw them.

• Like 1

Just popping by to say that there is a Bethesda Ghostwire FAQ out there that confirms the hyakko parade appears on a cooldown. So give it a little time before you start looking for the next one.

My own anecdote is that I think it tracks real time too, so if you turn off your Playstation and go do something else, come back, the cooldown timer may have already reset. Don't burn yourself out looking for the parade. (but do it whenever you see it)

I can only respect the platinum achievers. I do not even care that much about my completion percentage and currently, I am not even on leaderboards but here is this: I wish I have played this game on pc and gotten rid of it in 10 hours. I am gutted to see that I am sitting a C rank (though there are not that many players right now). I wish it was similar to TEW 1&2 so I'd know I would be unable to get the platinum because it is hard and demanding not just tediously fucking boring. 

They make a +30-40 hrs platinum out of 10 hrs content. I mean, at this point this is just lame and even if they are extras they end up just feeling like a huge disgrace to the player's time. It had to be linear... 

Edited by Realtione

On 4/26/2022 at 9:49 PM, Realtione said:

I can only respect the platinum achievers. I do not even care that much about my completion percentage and currently, I am not even on leaderboards but here is this: I wish I have played this game on pc and gotten rid of it in 10 hours. I am gutted to see that I am sitting a C rank (though there are not that many players right now). I wish it was similar to TEW 1&2 so I'd know I would be unable to get the platinum because it is hard and demanding not just tediously fucking boring. 

They make a +30-40 hrs platinum out of 10 hrs content. I mean, at this point this is just lame and even if they are extras they end up just feeling like a huge disgrace to the player's time. It had to be linear... 

I agree. The story is extremely short so the majority of the game is padded by a ridiculous amount of boring, trivial side content and collectibles. The combat is the equivalent to a poor mans Infamous except in the 1st person and is really limited. Really disappointed in this game as the premise is really cool, it is just plagued by the modern generic open-world syndrome. Just stuff the games full of stuff to do, doesn't matter if it's fun or not and this games side content is not fun. Just tedious busy work to keep you playing longer than what this game deserves. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, WhosBroden16 said:

I didn’t know where else to ask, but I have little patches of fog still on the map after clearing nearby gates. Is there a reason and/or something I’m missing around those areas?

Some of the fog remains even after you’ve cleansed every torii gate. Don’t stress it though, you can still collect everything within that region and no collectible is behind a fog wall. 

• Like 1