Antgobbler Tribe Weakness

Can someone explain in detail how you can get this enemy type to escape? I have been trying everything from starting the fight where my ally Has the Sticky Shoes item and then burning at the start of the fight. Then he does the lick move and nothing just stuns my ally. Please help this is my final enemy type and Griffon after finishing the game i don't know where exactly he spawns. Since the Fire mountain turns to webs and new enemies spawn there now. Any help is greatly appreciated thanks.

Use Poison to trigger the weakness, you can get it next to the Hunee Bear village. Different antgobblers need different baits. Barbaric and Bandits will go after Honeyed members. Scorching go after Burned, and the Dream Eating Tapir goes after Sleep. It's a bit finicky, you might have to try a few mobs if one is refusing to lick.

Not sure on the Griffon, I didn't see one myself in Ch7. My guess would be either in the first areas of the mountain before the web areas where new mobs show up, or more likely somewhere in the nightmare land.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BodyChipper said:

How exactly do you do this one? I've gotten them to lick me while poisoned but then I can't move on the next turn so I can't release them, and by the time I can they are no longer weakened.

You need to have them lick your partner, so you can release on the next turn.

On 3/20/2022 at 1:41 AM, Mikachii said:

Confirmed they're a rare spawn in the lava area of the Nightmare world, along with Fiery Lizzerd, Magma Oxx, and Dragon's Cradle.

What is the nightmare land? I seem to be missing a few monsters, including the magma oxx, but don’t know where to find it now that I’m past chapter 5. I completed the segment where you escape the fountain and now the only section of story I have left is the final boss. I have no idea where the nightmare land is though

Edited by NobleTrophyQuest

1 hour ago, NobleTrophyQuest said:

What is the nightmare land? I seem to be missing a few monsters, including the magma oxx, but don’t know where to find it now that I’m past chapter 5. I completed the segment where you escape the fountain and now the only section of story I have left is the final boss. I have no idea where the nightmare land is though

Warp to the Fountain World fountain and head left, you'll find the black fountain to enter the nightmare realm. There's a bunch of optional boss fights there as well for some of the best equipment in the game.