Petition to stop MTX's

aninac

Yeah, I don't think this will do anything to sway Sony/Polyphony since they've planned on the revenue the MTX would bring. 

The best thing people can do is to stop pre-ordering and buying day one until you see what companies decide to do with their games post launch. It's pretty fucked up that they can essentially change the product that has been reviewed after release. Also, just don't buy the MTX. It's pretty easy, actually.

There is a glimmer of hope in that asinine statement that was released after the 30-hour outage. They said they have future plans for dlc or cars or whatever. Hopefully for fans of the game it is worth the wait.

Edited by yowzagabowza
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

Yeah, microtransactions are well-ingrained in gaming now and there's nothing we can do about it, but that's just because we didn't do enough to push back against them a decade ago.

The problem with "we" is that it's safe to assume a significant part, if not the majority, of the people in this thread (and the forums as a whole), are not and have never been for MTX – they still got popular because there's a much, muchmuch larger amount of people out there who don't care for Internet discourse, and those are the people that buy into them the most. This is the most important factor as to why petitions don't work, as you're basically preaching to who's already converted – the audience you would need to reach to have any significant impact is the audience you won't be able to reach with mere petitions anyway.

Saying "there's nothing you can do except not to buy them" isn't defending these companies, it's simply stating the (very unfortunate) truth.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Eagle said:

The problem with "we" is that it's safe to assume a significant part, if not the majority, of the people in this thread (and the forums as a whole), are not and have never been for MTX – they still got popular because there's a much, muchmuch larger amount of people out there who don't care for Internet discourse, and those are the people that buy into them the most. This is the most important factor as to why petitions don't work, as you're basically preaching to who's already converted – the audience you would need to reach to have any significant impact is the audience you won't be able to reach with mere petitions anyway.

Saying "there's nothing you can do except not to buy them" isn't defending these companies, it's simply stating the (very unfortunate) truth.

Just to add, specifically in sports games, the insanely rich that play games have been known to blow literal thousands on MTXs in just a single game, because they can, and it makes it very easy for a gaming company to include them, screwing over the majority to make insane amounts of cash from the minority, for this reason alone MTXs will forever stain the world of gaming, and yeah lots of people still buy them, we all fall trap to it on occasion, very rare I do, only if it’s dirt cheap though, anyone who’s willing to pay £20 for a blue weapon skin deserves to be t bagged to death (in game ofc) it’s like people can’t do the math, they pay a price for an entire game then think half the price of that is justifiable for a colour lol idiots, but that’s just how it is now, we just have to suck it up 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

"You don't have to buy them" is such a non-argument (plus, imagine defending scummy corporate practices)

Yes, the core of MTX is just some scummy corporate practices, but people are annoyed by the complaints for other reasons, not because they support MTX. 

1. Take out MTX like the petition is saying and you're just in for a grind like the rest of us anyway. 

2. Petition asking for a race giving 1million every 15mins plus an increase on credits to every other race would literally make this less than a 50 hour game. The devs said they've spent so much time on the game and want it to last most of a generation. They don't want people to be in and out in a flash because they 100% literally everything they can and got bored of it in a few days.

3. The main reason people are complaining here is because of the 3 legendary cars trophy. We know two of the cars cost about 7 million and the 3rd car is unknown. You can grind out 7 million in maybe 10 hours if you're slow. I think it's roughly 1 hour 20 for 1 million now after the nerf, I'm not too sure. If that little of a grind is too much for some people, then I don't know what to tell them. There's even an afk method. If you hate playing the game, you can always afk instead of wasting time complaining

4. Petition is also asking for MTX to be cheaper. What? You don't want MTX, but then you want them for really cheap as well? It's literally people seeing what 'could be', but not wanting to pay much for it. People just wanting the easy way for cheap. The reality is the petition isn't against MTX, they just don't want to pay a lot to instantly afford anything they want in the game.

• Like 1

Honestly, when a game has optional (trophyless) DLC that ostensibly assists you with trophies/in-game objective, you can do 1 of 2 things.

1. Buy a deluxe bundle that includes all desired content in a single purchase, especially if it goes on sale.

2. Heed forum/trophy guide advice for achieving objectives that are geared toward forgoing spending any additional money on the game.

Did I get the knight edition bundle for Tales of Graces to make the second time I plat it easier? Yes, yes I did. Can I request the development team to do-over the OST and story because I thought they were sub-par? No, no I cannot. Even if I got a headcount of 1000+ people who felt the same way (and yet with this sentiment, plugged away at the very game for 100-200 hours for the platinum)? Still no.

The bottom line, in all cases (no just micro transactions) when it comes to the system, you can’t change the system, you have to beat the system.

2 hours ago, wowbagger_84 said:

And the problem is the game designed to be insanely grindy. Removing MTX alone won't fix this.

How is the grind in this game any different than GT1-GT4? Most of the console GTs were 200+ hours to get 100% in them.

There being some MTXs for cars or in-game cash are not what makes games in this series grindy.

If you are the type that uses the word "grind" as a negative then you will not have a great time playing video games that are more complex than Pong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riiszk said:

The devs said they've spent so much time on the game and want it to last most of a generation. They don't want people to be in and out in a flash because they 100% literally everything they can and got bored of it in a few days.

the reason they want this is not that they want the players to have fun, they want to disincentivize selling the game on the second-hand market.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

How is the grind in this game any different than GT1-GT4? Most of the console GTs were 200+ hours to get 100% in them.

There being some MTXs for cars or in-game cash are not what makes games in this series grindy.

this one is not hundreds of hours for 100%, this one is hundreds of hours for a handful of cars.

100% is probably 500+h if not 1000h. I mean it was possible to grind 1.5 million credits in an hour. That is +/- 14 hours for one of the 20 million credit cars. We know there are at least three cars with that price tag in the game, so that's already 42 hours of playing the same race over and over again for those three cars alone. And that was pre-patch. Now, the payout is halved, so its 84 hours for three cars. And again, this is when you do the quickest route of playing the same event again and again. Playing "normally" would take even longer.

So if it took roughly 200h to complete older GTs, in this one it already takes half the time you spent completing another GT to just unlock three 20 million credit cars.

There are also cars with price tags under 20 million but over 10 million, so a 10 million car was 7h pre-patch, 14h now. And again, that's all just to get some cars, we are not even talking about getting 100% in the game (all gold licenses, missions, etc.).

If nothing changes, completing the game will probably take longer than most people are willing to spend time on a racing game on. Especially since there isn't actually that much content, when it comes to race events etc., so after a while, you will be doing the same races over and over again, unless you go play online. And even there you are stuck with the same events for days.

I'm all about games having longevity but there is a difference between playing a game for a long time or having to grind for a long time - the difference being that playing a game is fun, grinding is not. If GT7 would have hundreds of tracks and thousands of events and you could play hundreds of hours without ever having to play the same event again, it would be a different thing. But the game's economy, as it is right now, is too slow for the amount of content the game offers.

I don't know if I'm cynical enough to claim that the economy is so slow because they want to push players to the MTX, but I can see why many people think this.

• Like 3

this one is not hundreds of hours for 100%, this one is hundreds of hours for a handful of cars.

What are the 20 million dollar cars for? Are they for the The Legendary Cars trophy? 

If nothing changes, completing the game will probably take longer than most people are willing to spend time on a racing game on. 

Then they shouldn't have bought it as there clearly was a trend on this series being 100s of hours to do-it-all.

I don't know if I'm cynical enough to claim that the economy is so slow because they want to push players to the MTX, but I can see why many people think this.

I still don't know what I am being pushed towards. 
Edited by TJ_Solo

Isnt GT7 supposed to be a live service game? they're bringing in ranked and the assumption is that its going to be around for years.

Sony are wanting to get into the live service scene, probably best to get used to it, bet you TLOU Factions will be done the same way. As long as they keep it out of the story games I'm not too bothered.