Petition to stop MTX's

aninac

Well. You should try FIFA or any sports game really. If you want one of the best team on those games, you need to shell out somewhere in the ballpark of $50-100k. However, this team comes with an expiration date of <1 year, since you're almost guaranteed to see a newer version within a year. When the newer one comes out, you'll see significantly shrinkage on player base, limited game features, and many other negative things enough to make it pointless to play the game any further with the team you've bought. This is the primary reason why almost every sport game got very low user review scores, and the following is the reason why they're not going anywhere regardless of those negative receptions.

EfzMLbTXYAMEBN0?format=png

3666884-screen%20shot%202020-05-06%20at%

The funny thing is that those FIFA games are just child's play compare to real predatory games. There are games which expect the whales to spend some millions of dollars, or even more than 10 million dollars.

Edited by Wendenhorn

15 minutes ago, Silocia said:

Isnt GT7 supposed to be a live service game? they're bringing in ranked and the assumption is that its going to be around for years.

Sony are wanting to get into the live service scene, probably best to get used to it, bet you TLOU Factions will be done the same way. As long as they keep it out of the story games I'm not too bothered.

I think it would be fair to say it will be live service. They've distanced the releases between mainline GT games quite a bit and it's still early life for the PS5 would make sense for them to focus on one mainline title again this console generation as well.

Back on the topic. Personally myself I'm okay with MTX in games like this. Racing games have quite a bit of licensing behind the scenes and I feel having it benefits the devs in securing or keeping some of these licenses for the games life.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LucasDragon570 said:

^

The argument of having MTX to pay for car licensing becomes invalid when other racing games have more and even better cars than GT and do not have this predatory practice (only paid DLC's with content.)

Name five of those racing games that hasn't featured any MTX at all in the last several years and provided all updates as 100% free.

The always online requirement was obviously to stop people playing unpatched copies of the game after the fastest credits per race methods were found.

I dont get a lot of time to game so asking me to choose between putting in a massive grind or paying extra to unlock cars I would have already paid £70 to enjoy driving is a big middle finger to people like me.

If they ever bother increasing the race rewards, I might pick this up for £20 pre-owned someday, but I feel that the worst is yet to come.

5 hours ago, Sergen said:

If people didn't buy them, they wouldn't happen. Microtransactions are optional, some people don't have all the time to play and grind for something, but they do have the money to get that item because instead of working on the grind for the game they worked in their job for real money. How could someone who calls himself "GTA Driver" be pissed off about GT7 microtransactions when GTA V has very severe microtransactions for cars that don't even exist in the real world? 

You're forgetting that people already paid £70 of their real money for that privilege.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

How is the grind in this game any different than GT1-GT4? Most of the console GTs were 200+ hours to get 100% in them.

There being some MTXs for cars or in-game cash are not what makes games in this series grindy.

If you are the type that uses the word "grind" as a negative then you will not have a great time playing video games that are more complex than Pong.

What? Old GT games either payed you more or had much lower prices (if not both). We are talking about getting credits necessary to special cars, that's the issue: the game is designed in such a way that you can't get enough credits by normal play. Take the McLaren at 18 million now: it would take 23 hours to get that amount. In older GT games, a session between 1~2 hours long would net you the necessary amount to get the most expensive car in the game.

More context here and here.

So either present facts an numbers to defend the honor of poor corporations or just shut up.

29 minutes ago, JediKnight_327 said:

You're forgetting that people already paid £70 of their real money for that privilege.

I'm not a fan of microtransactions myself, but taking away this option from people who don't have the free time to grind all the credits to get every car in the game is kind of selfish. Some people like being able to pay money to get ahead in a game because the time it takes to make the money to buy the microtransaction is less time than the game would require you to grind. However as I said if microtransactions weren't being bought then they wouldn't be a thing, speak with your wallet and get a lot of people to boycott them. At least with a microtransaction that is a direct purchase you know the price and you know what you're getting, loot boxes are the worst of the worst in the gaming industry. 

8 minutes ago, wowbagger_84 said:

What? Old GT games either payed you more or had much lower prices (if not both). We are talking about getting credits necessary to special cars, that's the issue: the game is designed in such a way that you can't get enough credits by normal play. Take the McLaren at 18 million now: it would take 23 hours to get that amount. In older GT games, a session between 1~2 hours long would net you the necessary amount to get the most expensive car in the game.

More context here and here.

So either present facts an numbers to defend the honor of poor corporations or just shut up.

I am talking about the games as a whole and your complaint about grinding.

Individual car price differences it just math.The car prices between games changed, okay? The currency is entirely fictional and besides the point.

I asked how does this change the completion time for the game in comparison to the other games in the series not how long it takes to by a McLaren.

2 hours ago, Sicho said:

People want to play a Gran Turismo, not a game that's build upon a f2P GaaS model. If it actually was f2p, that would be fine, but it's being sold at a premium price so people expect a complete, streamlined, and enjoyable experience RIGHT AWAY without having to spend even more money. To be brutally honest, since it's being sold full price, the fact that most of its single-player (!) modes need to be online is a disgrace and even worse than the in-game economy or the MTX.

No online obligation for single player, no MTX in full-price games - that should be the simple rule everyone should follow. But they want to sell the cake and eat it.

too bad I can't give this comment more than 1 like ? ? ?

11 hours ago, Sergen said:

I'm not a fan of microtransactions myself, but taking away this option from people who don't have the free time to grind all the credits to get every car in the game is kind of selfish. Some people like being able to pay money to get ahead in a game because the time it takes to make the money to buy the microtransaction is less time than the game would require you to grind. However as I said if microtransactions weren't being bought then they wouldn't be a thing, speak with your wallet and get a lot of people to boycott them. At least with a microtransaction that is a direct purchase you know the price and you know what you're getting, loot boxes are the worst of the worst in the gaming industry. 

Your point that microtransactions should exist because otherwise the grind is too long and boring is exactly whats wrong with the game, the in-game economy and microtransactions in general.

I dont have time to grind the credits but I also dont have spare money to waste on microtransactions. Why should anyone who has already paid £70 have to put up with these two options which are equally crap?

I admit that what is considered a grind and what is considered a reasonable reward for a race is subjective and I think people who bought the game early only have themselves to blame. Gamers, particularly trophy hunters, have known the nature of microtransactions and always-online services for a long time now.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

I am talking about the games as a whole and your complaint about grinding.

Individual car price differences it just math.The car prices between games changed, okay? The currency is entirely fictional and besides the point.

I asked how does this change the completion time for the game in comparison to the other games in the series not how long it takes to by a McLaren.

The detail that @wowbagger_84 forgot to mention about the McLaren: It's only available for 24h because of the rotation system. So unless you already had most of the credits in the bank, it's close to impossible to get it without buying credits with real money. Especially for people that still have other stuff to do next to gaming (work, school, family,...) They really try to push people to MTX that way. Not everyone is strong enough to resist MTX in such a case.

Apart from the real driving simulator thing, the game also defines itself as a car collector game and Kaz also said it wants to enable people to enjoy all cars... That's made hard and extremely grindy the way they set the prices and the race rewards up. It's also impossible to sell cars to get money. Events that gave a car will only give it once while in previous games you got the car again and could sell it.

So to get the same car from an old GT, now requires hours and hours of grinding while the most expensive cars could be gotten in 1-3h in the old games.
This automatically means that if you want 100% including all cars. you'll have to play probably somewhere near 1000 hours and be lucky that you had the credits ready when a car like the McLaren comes around that is only available for 24h. And you can only have 20 million at once (unless you buy them with real money) so it's not possible to grind so much credits to be ready for 2 of those cars right after another.

The MTX are also more aggressive: A car that you could buy for 3 euro in GT Sport (if bought immediately with real money) now requires 30 euro of credits to buy it ingame.
The 20 million credit car in GT7 would cost 200 euro if the credits were bought with real money.