A New Perspective: what exactly does "cumulative" mean?

Kaluguin

All the guides and explanations I've seen online about this trophy use the same word, "cumulative", but I think I'm not getting it.

Singleplayer stats show 2 hours and 40 minutes played in first person mode.

Online stats show 12 hours and 40 minutes played in first person mode.

Shouldn't I have the trophy already? What am I missing?

Edited by Kaluguin

I'm pretty sure it only counts for SINGLE PLAYER, so you only need about 13 more hours, but what I did was sit in a car IN FIRST PERSON and left my ps4 on overnight and once I got up, i got on to see if my trophy popped, maybe set a timer just so you don't forget

• Like 1

I think first person is possible online, I know some stats are shared on both modes such as the under the bridge challenges and stunt jumps but I’ve never bothered to pop any of those trophies online for one reason specifically. You might get killed and will have to make your way to that same location with a vehicle and try again, all the while probably getting killed again.

My suggestion is to find a safe spot in single player, plug your controller in so it doesn’t die (if it does turn off in some way, it will pause your game and won’t count) and afk it overnight.

Edited by Mina
  • Like 1

I got the trophy after playing online for another 20 minutes! ?

My single player stats still show 2 hours and 40 minutes and my online stats show 13 hours. The hours seem to be "shared", but for some reason not the minutes, the strangest thing I've seen.

Thanks again everyone for taking the time to reply.

Yes it can also be earned online. 

3 hours ago, Mina said:

I think first person is possible online, I know some stats are shared on both modes such as the under the bridge challenges and stunt jumps but I’ve never bothered to pop any of those trophies online for one reason specifically. You might get killed and will have to make your way to that same location with a vehicle and try again, all the while probably getting killed again.

My suggestion is to find a safe spot in single player, plug your controller in so it doesn’t die (if it does turn off in some way, it will pause your game and won’t count) and afk it overnight.

You can always use invite only or solo session. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DeathNyx said:

Yes it can also be earned online. 

You can always use invite only or solo session. 

Ah yes that’s a true point, you could do that, but I just remembered why I didn’t continue the stunts online. Mine glitched not only once, but twice across two different consoles. So I stuck with single player only.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! I'm a little bit late and you probably already unlocked the trophy, but you can definitely unlock it by playing both online and single player. I did like 5 hours on single player and completed the other 10 online, but the trophy didn't unlock on that session. Next time booted up the game, the trophy unlocked itself on the loading screen.

For anyone wanting to AFK this then it's better done in Single Player since you can't get logged out by the Rockstar servers for being idle.  As what Mina have said make sure your controller don't get turned-off or the game will kick you to an alert screen and you'll not get any progress recorded on what you're doing.