Another 10 HARDEST Platinum Trophies video from Gameranx

TrophyChief

Yaaaas! for a change i actually have one of these! ? i know thats nothing major in the grand scheme as theres folk out there with all of these in their cabinet but Max Payne 3 is my proudest plat, not even my rarest but god i put work in with that game. Not to mention i wrote it off the day it released after seeing that NYMHC trophy. Anyone whos shooting for an UR plat even not off this list, don't give up, its that rarity for a reason but it will be yours!

Only Splasher and Tetris Effect really deserve to be on that list.

Street Fighter V is pretty hard with that Golden League requirement. Being in the top 10 hardest platinums? I don’t know about that one.

99 percent of people who watched this video are complete casuals who can barely finish a game, let alone have dedication to come close to finishing any of these entries. 

I appreciate someone out there with a bigger audience to help introduce people to trophies. But let’s be realistic. These guys ain’t trophy hunters or achievement hunters. They can’t finish Super Meat Boy, or have much sense in knowing how hard some of those indie games are. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, grimydawg___ said:

Street Fighter V ain't hard smh

Agreed, more grindy than anything. You can get to gold without learning any fancy shmancy combos, just have a good neutral game and understanding the matchup with your character and what the opponent wants to do. 

My internet is too shit to attempt it atm unless Capcom miraculously upgrades the Netcode, but I've played with my friend who was Diamond rank, and he wasn't THAT good (definitely good, but not unbeatable by any means). I definitely feel like it's not a top 10 hardest plat.

Tetris Effect on the other hand... Definitely feels like a top 10 hardest plat. Getting SS ranks is no joke and some people can do it in a few days while others could spend 300+ hours and never get close.

Personally, I think there are VR games that are much more difficult than some of these games listed, but of course they are going to just list a bunch of games/series everyone knows. Crypt of the Necrodancer is still #1 in everyone's heart.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Agreed, more grindy than anything. You can get to gold without learning any fancy shmancy combos, just have a good neutral game and understanding the matchup with your character and what the opponent wants to do. 

My internet is too shit to attempt it atm unless Capcom miraculously upgrades the Netcode, but I've played with my friend who was Diamond rank, and he wasn't THAT good (definitely good, but not unbeatable by any means). I definitely feel like it's not a top 10 hardest plat.

Tetris Effect on the other hand... Definitely feels like a top 10 hardest plat. Getting SS ranks is no joke and some people can do it in a few days while others could spend 300+ hours and never get close.

Personally, I think there are VR games that are much more difficult than some of these games listed, but of course they are going to just list a bunch of games/series everyone knows. Crypt of the Necrodancer is still #1 in everyone's heart.

I still have Street Fighter V from the PS Plus service but I don’t know if I will ever finish this game because my internet isn’t all that good. Lots of grinding though, and aside from the stupid updates this game isn’t too bad.

Agreed with the choices. There are a fair number of games that I think should of replaced the entries here. These are games everyone knows about. 

Max Payne 3 was a blast to play. Glad I picked it up when I did.

Tetris Effect is unfortunately out of my skill range. I’m rather bad at puzzle games.

• Like 1

You can't expect a big YouTuber who isn't even a trophy hunter and is producing content for casuals to know what really hard platinum is. He's just going to catch a few here and there that he thinks are difficult for the average person, and put the title "hardest ever" to fish for people.

Only game I've done on that list is star ocean but I don't think it should be on that list. It's about a 300-350 hour plat nothing to difficult just mostly mindless grinding but if you use scripts you wont really notice it or a turbo controller. as for the extra playthroughs they wont take long at all either maybe 6-8hours. There is lots of collectibles to look out for :) 

Edited by mizzcreed
  • Like 1

Tetris Effect is the major one on this list. With the others some injection of speedrunner strats and various cheese methods can cut down on overall difficulty to one degree or another. But to do any of that in Tetris Effect, or any Tetris game really, you have to already be competent in the game at a certain level to pull off the more tricksy stuff. My partner and I have been picking away at the final SS's needed for the platinum since release. We're down to just three, but still....

• Like 1

Watched the Video and got 3 Plats from that list. I would say they could be other options there, since i was surprised with the choices there but it is more targeted for an Casual audience so i could understand this.

At the end, the list is okay i guess but i would swap things like Star Ocean and Aliens: Fireteams Elite, probably with something else. Just my opinion, idk how hard those 2 games are actually.

On 3/20/2022 at 8:13 PM, AJ_Radio said:

Only Splasher and Tetris Effect really deserve to be on that list.

Street Fighter V is pretty hard with that Golden League requirement. Being in the top 10 hardest platinums? I don’t know about that one.

99 percent of people who watched this video are complete casuals who can barely finish a game, let alone have dedication to come close to finishing any of these entries. 

I appreciate someone out there with a bigger audience to help introduce people to trophies. But let’s be realistic. These guys ain’t trophy hunters or achievement hunters. They can’t finish Super Meat Boy, or have much sense in knowing how hard some of those indie games are. 

As hard as Splasher is(it’s pretty fucking hard to plat) I can’t say imo at least it deserves to be in this list.

The game asks you to master it from top to bottom and become a top player at it, but I don’t think it ever feels impossible.

A 9/10 at best.

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

As hard as Splasher is(it’s pretty fucking hard to plat) I can’t say imo at least it deserves to be in this list.

The game asks you to master it from top to bottom and become a top player at it, but I don’t think it ever feels impossible.

A 9/10 at best.

The speedruns are brutal from what I heard from people on this website who have finished Splasher. I'm honestly surprised this dude even knew about the game at all.

Max Payne 3 shouldn't even be on this video for the simple fact that you cannot obtain the online trophies in it anymore.

5 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I own it on switch, I can barely beat each individual zone with Cadence, and have yet to complete the game without dying with any character. I got close with Bard and Monk, but it's not easy and that's just normal play, without gimmicks like low% to make it more difficult.

Some of the trophies are ridiculously hard and would take hours of practice to do. For instance, Coda. If you fuck up the beat once while playing Coda, you die. On top of that, you have half a heart so everything one shots you. I haven't experienced this myself because I struggle to beat the game without dying, which to unlock Coda, you have to do it with all other 9 characters without dying in a row. Something I'd imagine takes hours and hours of practice because some characters die when you pick up gold, can't attack enemies, or increases the beat of the game (making the enemies move faster).

You have to beat the game with each character at low% too which is just crossing your fingers that RNGsus doesn't smite you down when playing harder characters, which again, can't tell you how difficult it is personally because I have not unlocked it because I'm too much of a scrub. Granted, I have not put in a ton of hours, but I've played enough to understand the game and what it would require to platinum.

If you're skeptical about the difficulty, try it out yourself. Then, maybe you'll under the pain of the 10-15ish people who were able to platinum it and poured 500-1000 hours.

Curious though, what would you consider #1? You bashed my opinion without giving your own.

I'm well awared of the difficulty rating itself. All Chars Trophy? Yes I know that as well. Beating all 9 characters won't be easy as the characters has it's own attribute to it which it'll be extremely risky. Coda? Yeah, doing that with half a heart is fucking scary. I would call it #1 as Superhuman Beyond.

• Like 2