Another 10 HARDEST Platinum Trophies video from Gameranx

TrophyChief

39 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

There is a lot of fighting games with hardest trophy lists and they go with SFV....

Both Marvel vs Capcom are way more challenging, even Persona Arena, I have no idea why they went with this one.

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 1

I'm glad I'm not the only person here watching these videos and think how unaware these guys are... Specifically Baldino (but I have a personal opinion about his "journalism" status, so I'm not gonna waste more time in that name). Yet it's Falcon speaking, the only reason I watch Gameranx, this should be, at least, very good.

But when it comes to trophy hunting related videos, these "most popular" videogames channels are a bit off. It seems they only know Souls like games (cause everything that is a bit harder then usual, is a Souls-like game), all AAA games and a few other indie games that became popular for some random reason... Not in this particular video, but I remember one channel (guess it was the "hardcore trophy hunter" with 10 Platinums in his collection from Playstation Access) mentioning a Dark Souls game and Crash Team Racing. I mean, are these games that hard? I understand you must get used to the controllers, gain muscle memory, it all takes time. But after that, all requirements are done easily. Those are "easy" compared to thousands other games out there, I don't think those could possibly be on the list. 

Yes, we PSNP users already know what are the hardest Platinums and why, because we spend time searching for individual experiences for each game.  Or because someone simply rants about it in the title of the post. But once you are "informing" some casuals (viewers) about the hardest or most time consuming games to platinum, you need to go deep on your research... You simply don't mention Crash Bandicoot Trilogy because a lot of people say "it's the Dark Souls of Platforming"; because the person from the channel had a hard time completing the game implies it would be insane completing the levels without dying and under time pressure... And, in the end, there isn't a Trackmania Turbo on the list, for instance, when they talked about that game in previous videos in their channel. 

Edited by TurtlePM
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Hinae Arimura said:

I'm well awared of the difficulty rating itself. All Chars Trophy? Yes I know that as well. Beating all 9 characters won't be easy as the characters has it's own attribute to it which it'll be extremely risky. Coda? Yeah, doing that with half a heart is fucking scary. I would call it #1 as Superhuman Beyond.

Ah yes, the real reason Crypt is so hard... because Coda has half a heart

On 24/03/2022 at 5:10 AM, Hinae Arimura said:

I see. It seems you have a little understanding about Crypt of the Necrodancer. #1 Everyone's Heart? My ass. Tell me this Beyond. What do you know about Necrodancer anyway?

Crikey! That came out of nowhere. Seems like a very strong response to an innocuous comment. Take it easy! We’re all friends here. ?

6 hours ago, CelestialRequiem said:

About what I expect from that channel. 

Sol Cresta will end up being one of the most difficult platinums to pursue, I imagine. It's certainly the hardest game I have played -- and it will be the hardest platinum I have ever pursued. 

Heh... You fool... Elden Ring is a 9/10, ever heard of it? Harder than Bloodborne and that's one of the HARDEST plats ever. Sol Cresta wasn't even made by Fromsoftware and Fromsoftware made two of the HARDEST platinums ever

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Heh... You fool... Elden Ring is a 9/10, ever heard of it? Harder than Bloodborne and that's one of the HARDEST plats ever. Sol Cresta wasn't even made by Fromsoftware and Fromsoftware made two of the HARDEST platinums ever

Fromsoftware just makes the hardest games ever made. That's why Elden Ring is a 9/10 in difficulty with a 25% platinum. 

• Like 2

On 3/20/2022 at 8:36 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Crypt of the Necrodancer is still #1 in everyone's heart.

Just a reminder that Crypt has 12 plat earners while https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/11850-bubble-bobble-4-friends-the-baron-is-back has only 1, with it taking them 4 months to achieve. 

28 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Just a reminder that Crypt has 12 plat earners while https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/11850-bubble-bobble-4-friends-the-baron-is-back has only 1, with it taking them 4 months to achieve. 

Super Meat Boy has 594 and Deep Ones 488. Deep Ones must be harder then SMB, ey?

Number of achivers don't say much when scales are so different.

Necrodancer has 12 achivers among 25000 people. Bubble bubble has 1 among 500.

Give Bubble bubble same playerbase and lets see if it stays with 1 achiver... or less then 12.

Edited by WiktorM101

1 hour ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Not sure how comparable it is to Necrodancer, but this is a neat find! For a sec, I thought you were trying to flex your UR platinum or something, haha.

• Like 1

On 24.3.2022 at 3:18 PM, AJ_Radio said:

The speedruns are brutal from what I heard from people on this website who have finished Splasher. I'm honestly surprised this dude even knew about the game at all.

I gotta say I was also surprised to see Splasher in the video given how overlooked it is and how commercially unsuccessful it seems to have been.

The speedruns are brutal in the sense that they are very tight. That being said I think it's also fun and never feels unfair.

I really don't know if it is justified putting it in an all time hardest plats video. It's hard. One of the hardest of all time? I don't know. For example I've never played Crypt of the Necrodancer. I've never played Star Ocean. So how should I rate those games.....? By looking at the Crypt plat requirements I can only guess how hard and time consuming it must be. It seems to be really brutal. But I don't know for sure, since I lack the first hand experience.

A good thing is the fact that a little more exposure could be beneficial for Splasher.

On 3/24/2022 at 6:17 PM, Flubberwunked said:

Grave literally just made a small comment about how Crypt was still the hardest platinum and you act like that? People are just trying to have a thoughtful discussion, but you just randomly come in and be an asshole for no reason. Nobody even likes you anyway, so stop commenting and save yourself the embarrassment. It's nice to finally see people respond to you because you can't hide behind that "No comments needed" bullshit here. Just be quiet and go back to wasting your money on Ratalaika games :P

He automatically deletes any comment you make on any of his status updates if they conflict with his own opinion. It's not worth talking to people like that, and for reasons of sanity, he is staying on my Ignore List.

9 minutes ago, JohnlMatrix said:

I gotta say I was also surprised to see Splasher in the video given how overlooked it is and how commercially unsuccessful it seems to have been.

The speedruns are brutal in the sense that they are very tight. That being said I think it's also fun and never feels unfair.

I really don't know if it is justified putting it in an all time hardest plats video. It's hard. One of the hardest of all time? I don't know. For example I've never played Crypt of the Necrodancer. I've never played Star Ocean. So how should I rate those games.....? By looking at the Crypt plat requirements I can only guess how hard and time consuming it must be. It seems to be really brutal. But I don't know for sure, since I lack the first hand experience.

A good thing is the fact that a little more exposure could be beneficial for Splasher.

I don't know much about Splasher other than some gameplay footage. Speedruns from what people have told me are indeed brutal and they are easily the make it or break it for the platinum.

Half of the choices for the video really don't deserve to be on that list. Trackmania Turbo wasn't even on it, which tells me that these guys really didn't do their research. Which makes sense, because when you got several million subscribers on your YouTube channel, you're basically posting videos to make money because that is your job.

• Like 1

On 24/03/2022 at 2:10 AM, Hinae Arimura said:

I see. It seems you have a little understanding about Crypt of the Necrodancer. #1 Everyone's Heart? My ass. Tell me this Beyond. What do you know about Necrodancer anyway?

Why do you insist on being an asshole? no one is interested in talking to someone like you. just delete your account, or build a better image of yourself.

4 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

and for reasons of sanity, he is staying on my Ignore List.

apparently this function is useless if you can still see his posts.

7 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I don't know much about Splasher other than some gameplay footage. Speedruns from what people have told me are indeed brutal and they are easily the make it or break it for the platinum.

I am aware of the fact that maybe you don't have time for it, but if you do: Play it. It could prove to be fun for you.

I have 4 of these, and, of the games listed, I think the order is close to right. (For the record: Gran Turismo 5 > Tetris Effect > Max Payne 3 > Wipeout HD, in terms of difficulty of the plats I got. First two are 10s, second two are 9s.)

However, the hardest plat of any game I've played has to be Assetto Corsa. That one makes Gran Turismo feel like an arcade racer by comparison. You basically need a wheel to have a chance, and the special events are like having 40 versions of the Vettel Suzuka challenge in GT5 (which was easily the hardest thing in that game). I golded a few of them a while back, but I honestly do not think I'll have the patience to get through the whole thing. It's fun to chase these ultra-hard plats, and it was especially fun when I was younger, but at some point you remember that gaming is about enjoying yourself lol.

Edited by JD-D2
  • Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 7:04 PM, JohnlMatrix said:

I am aware of the fact that maybe you don't have time for it, but if you do: Play it. It could prove to be fun for you.

Need to reduce my backlog down a bit. I've already done Super Meat Boy, 10 Second Ninja X and a few other challenging platformers. Maybe someday. Might not even get it on PlayStation, but on Steam.

• Like 1