R2 acceleration problem Beyond the Horizon Slipstream

Steven-Spiegel

I was stuck in the slipstream mission of beyond the horizon for hours. Then looking a video of a friend I realized that even full throttle I overtake the other cars later than my friend, so I change the accelerator to the X and get 252 km/h first try (before that I only barely reach 246).

Is funny cause with this controller using R2 I get all gold on licenses except S8, 9 and 10 with no problem (S8,9 & 10 are untouched yet).

I don't know if is a bug of slipstream missions or an overall problem and I should buy a new controller.

Anyone with a DS4 can test it the diference between accelerating using R2 or X in that mission?

There's actually wind that can either slow you down or make you go faster during the slipstream missions. Maybe you had tailwind after you changed your accelerator from R2 to X?

18 hours ago, sXe_SiC_ said:

Maybe your R2 button not working properly anymore? You can check it online. 

https://gamepad-tester.com/

Gonna try this later as my R2 has been gone for ages lol. For racing games I just use accessibility and swap R1 and R2.

R2 works for just pressing it, but I remember being on F1, and I couldn't get past 5th gear on the straights haha. It is my original controller from 2014, so it still holds up for most games.

I can confirm that accelerating with X button works fine and can get gold first try on that mission.

On license S8 using R2 I can get gold, but on S9, I only manage to get silver at 0.4s, using X I can get gold without any problem.

It's really a handicap and now I'm looking for a new controller.

Edited by Steven-Spiegel

14 hours ago, Steven-Spiegel said:

With the 1.08 patch, there is no wind in slipstream missions.

Oh, okay then. Didn't notice they removed it with the 1.08 update, since I did them all with version 1.06. Then just forget what I said, sorry.

Edited by Suminya