A Level 99 HC Lightning Sorc and a letter of thanks

Gattusso02

26 minutes ago, Gattusso02 said:

Here are my notes in case it can help anyone along the way and at the latter part of this article in the level 99 Hardcore segment I attached some YouTube links of a sample Baal Run and sample D Clone Run so you guys can get a Lightning Sorc end game perspective.

You might want to put all that copy/paste in a spoiler tag to reduce the size of your post and the inevitable full-quote someone is bound to do. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

You might want to put all that copy/paste in a spoiler tag to reduce the size of your post and the inevitable full-quote someone is bound to do. 

Oh you're right! Thanks for that! Learned something new. Done! 

1 hour ago, Gattusso02 said:

Thank you! If you're going for it too, wishing you the mental and physical strength you need for it! 1f64f-1f3fc.png Good luck!

Im a total noob at Diablo, but i did think about actually reading up on a guide and go for it. 

Edited by TomataEighty9

2 hours ago, VencaHardy said:

Wow, huge accomplishment! 1f44f.png1f44f.png So Dclone methiod is still working? I thought it was patched.. 1f914.png

Still works as a charm on offline hardcore mode. I think this is a legit game mechanic since classic Diablo 2. Haven't heard of it being possibly reworked on upcoming patches on my end.

Congrats dude, that's a huge accomplishment major kudos, I will probably try it one day but with no actual hope to achieve the platinum, I'll play it for periods of time and taking breaks, one question tho, I plan on playing completely offline so can I back up my HC character save to a USB? If not I don't think I'll ever play on HC, oh and is the online trophy hard to get? I'm really bad at PVP...?

Thanks mate.

1 hour ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Congrats dude, that's a huge accomplishment major kudos, I will probably try it one day but with no actual hope to achieve the platinum, I'll play it for periods of time and taking breaks, one question tho, I plan on playing completely offline so can I back up my HC character save to a USB? If not I don't think I'll ever play on HC, oh and is the online trophy hard to get? I'm really bad at PVP...1f622.png

Thanks mate.

You can do the everything offline except for the PVP trophy that pops by holding 20 player's ears in your inventory at the same time. You just need one buddy to help with this one. Turn on the hostile button and kill him right outside town 20 times, pick up his ear drop each time you kill him and the trophy is yours. 

2 hours ago, Gattusso02 said:

Still works as a charm on offline hardcore mode. I think this is a legit game mechanic since classic Diablo 2. Haven't heard of it being possibly reworked on upcoming patches on my end.

Good to know! I searched in some previous topics and someone was mentioning it's not possible anymore.. Glad its wrong!

Edited by VencaHardy

1 hour ago, VencaHardy said:

Good to know! I searched in some previous topics and someone was mentioning it's not possible anymore.. Glad its wrong!

I would think it still works really well specifically for the PS4 version of the game. I think it's become vastly harder to pull off on the PS5 version of the game because of the one save file containing both character and shared stashes. It's one reason I've been hesitant to consider going for the PS5 stack as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vextens said:

I would think it still works really well specifically for the PS4 version of the game. I think it's become vastly harder to pull off on the PS5 version of the game because of the one save file containing both character and shared stashes. It's one reason I've been hesitant to consider going for the PS5 stack as well. 

Ok, thx Vextens! Hope they add ps4>ps5 cloud transfer later.. c'mon, that's a must do for gamers who upgrade their system! And crossplay, I would love to play with my friends on pc..

6 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Amazing accomplishment, congratulations! 

Thank you! Hoping the notes I recorded along the way help our fellow hunters. For an old game such as this one, there are so many details and confusing information out on the internet. It's a handful!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gattusso02 said:

Thank you! Hoping the notes I recorded along the way help our fellow hunters. For an old game such as this one, there are so many details and confusing information out on the internet. It's a handful!

It’s really great of you and some of the others to spend all that time experimenting and compiling this information for the community in these threads. Considering the  sheer scope of this game, this information will no doubt be instrumental in helping anyone else who decides to tackle this behemoth. 

• Like 1