New Witcher game officially in development

matigrosso91

Although a new Witcher game was already been confirmed, now CD Projekt Red announced that began the development of it. 

460cfa54bfe7d580178dc3350ba5aeeb3b33c7c3

Very little info so far, but it will be a new saga and use Unreal Engine 5. Here's the link:

https://thewitcher.com/en/news/42167/a-new-saga-begins

Any theories or thoughts?

Edited by matigrosso91
  • Like 2

W3 is the best open world rpg game i've played and i'm 100% all over this.

So long as they dont ass it up like Cyberpunk from a PA/launch pov, this potentially could be an absolutely awesome continuation of the story/series.

Can't wait to hear more on it! ????

• Like 2

In the spirit of speculating over the image though - It looks like the pendant in the teaser is from the School of the Lynx. I'm hazy on the lore, but I believe that would basically be the Cat school as far as the games go right?

If you look at the image in this wikia source it seems like the symbols match. Wonder if this means we'll be playing as Ciri then?

Edited by Crispy_Oglop

I think that team is better at a slower paced open world RPG than they are at a sci-fi GTA.  I think they were in totally over their heads from the start with Cyberpunk, and at some point a suit forced the games launch.  I'm sure the next Witcher game will be great.

1 hour ago, willmill97 said:

You would assume that since Cyberpunk was what it was, they'll have learnt their lesson and this will be the most pristine looking and working game ever made, but we shall see.

You might assume that, but...you would likely be disappointed. ?

2 minutes ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

With all respects to Witcher 3, combat system got to be improved. A little varity and game will shine.

Certainly, but they need to be careful. Too much focus on combat, and the world will lose its interest. I mean, if I have to fight tough battles every time I travel from one burg to another, it will get boring.

Have some decent police on the roads, though, and you could make it work.

Hard to get excited for it. I'm playing Cyberpunk right now, and...I'm really not in love with it. And never even finished Witcher 3 (though I might give it another shot when the PS5 version comes out). Coupled with the fact that this could be as much as 7 years away, which means next console generation...and for all we know, Xbox will buy CDPR by then so I won't get to play it anyways. 

I expect them to take their sweet time and put quality effort and be honest with fans. But ill take a Witcher anything over updates and more in cyberpunk. I get it is a working game now but its shit.

As for when this takes place, honestly would be cool to have Geralt die in the beginning probably protecting Ciri and then we play as her. OR we go an entirely different era without either of them in it, and focusing on a different witcher... hopefully a female

As for release window speculation.... early 2027- spring 2028 (Remember Witcher 3 got delayed a few times)

Excited but ill care more closer to release.

1 hour ago, NERVergoproxy said:

Still waiting for The Witcher 3 PS5 edition. 

Supposed to be summer isnt it? for whatever reason i remember reading June or July as potential. I never bought the dlc, but i was going to pick up the GOTY edition on ps4... till they announced the PS5 version. Now im waiting. Maybe ill even learn Gwent this time

3 hours ago, Viper said:

Hard to get excited for it. I'm playing Cyberpunk right now, and...I'm really not in love with it. And never even finished Witcher 3 (though I might give it another shot when the PS5 version comes out). Coupled with the fact that this could be as much as 7 years away, which means next console generation...and for all we know, Xbox will buy CDPR by then so I won't get to play it anyways. 

Wow. It is hard for you to get excited for a game that you don't even like playing.

I am shocked

4 hours ago, ReekohDJ said:

UE5 looks amazing from what I can see so far, but are there any complete games right now that have UE5? It looks like everything is UE4 still?

Devs haven't really only been able to use it for about 6 months, so they haven't has it long enough to ship a game. Many devs also have cross generation projects in the works, and UE5 only targets gen 9.

16 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

Wow. It is hard for you to get excited for a game that you don't even like playing.

I am shocked

Never said I didn't like playing Witcher 3, I said I didn't finish it (I took a break from it and never went back). Stop being so quick to jump down people's throats because they didn't jump for joy and puke rainbows at this announcement.

Edited by Viper
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Certainly, but they need to be careful. Too much focus on combat, and the world will lose its interest. I mean, if I have to fight tough battles every time I travel from one burg to another, it will get boring.

Have some decent police on the roads, though, and you could make it work.

As a guy who likes to explore and fight, more than dialogues, I have lost interest in the world pretty quickly. Finding the same little different in design sword everywhere, and fight enemies with the same attacks, that have no real threat even having a skull above them is an underwhelming truth about Witcher 3 combat system. Gladly they at least mixed a crossbow into game, but only if you have DLC it will be decent change.