AFK methods for farming (GT 1.09 update)

Septomor

Finally ?

Once again, thank you very much for this !

I'll take a look at your latest version to see the changes, I just saw that you probably didn't see my previous post.

I edited the sizes in the previous version (v0.2) to extend a bit the height to get the menubar from the app not overlayed on the PS5 display.

It's not practical when I have to do manual actions like oil change, relaunch...

I used variables to implement it in your script if your are interested.

I added these 2 constants :

width = 720
height := width*4/5

And changed these 2 lines :

PixelSearch, x, y, width/2, height*77/100, width/2+20, height*82/100, 0x3F1757, 20, Fast RGB
WinMove, ahk_id %id%,,  0, 0, width, height
Edited by RSteph77
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RSteph77 said:

Finally 1f44d.png

I'll take a look at your latest version to see the changes, I just saw that you probably didn't see my previous post.

I edited the sizes in the previous version (v0.2) to extend a bit the height to get the menubar from the app not overlayed on the PS5 display.

It's not practical when I have to do manual actions like oil change, relaunch...

I used variables to implement it in your script if your are interested.

I added these 2 constants :

width = 720
height := width*4/5

And changed these 2 lines :

PixelSearch, x, y, width/2, height*77/100, width/2+20, height*82/100, 0x3F1757, 20, Fast RGB
WinMove, ahk_id %id%,,  0, 0, width, height

Hi, can you explain exactly what these are for when moving? I understand you might be taking time to manually change oil and do other stuff, is that implemented? I'm not sure what menu bar you are referring to in this case, is that the bar in the overworld that has your credits total and such? I've been running the races without any oil changes or maintenance, if you think it's worth doing I would like to know :) (Not that I'd ever drive my real car for 20k miles without an oil change)

10 minutes ago, Septomor said:

Hi, can you explain exactly what these are for when moving? I understand you might be taking time to manually change oil and do other stuff, is that implemented? I'm not sure what menu bar you are referring to in this case, is that the bar in the overworld that has your credits total and such? I've been running the races without any oil changes or maintenance, if you think it's worth doing I would like to know :) (Not that I'd ever drive my real car for 20k miles without an oil change)

I think the pictures speak for themselves, before :

Yr1daHq.png

After (slightly bigger window also) :

ANWx8un.png

As you can see the "menu bar" of the app overlays on the bottom of the PS5 display and you can't really see where is the cursor or what you're doing.

I don't want to implement the oil change or anything else, it's mostly some custom code probably only for me and my usage/preference :) 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RSteph77 said:

After (slightly bigger window also) :

ANWx8un.png

As you can see the "menu bar" of the app overlays on the bottom of the PS5 display and you can't really see where is the cursor or what you're doing.

I don't want to implement the oil change or anything else, it's mostly some custom code probably only for me and my usage/preference :) 

Ah thats a good idea, I was wondering about doing that as well since it would help debugging PixelSearch, I will see what I can do, current plan is to insert some script custom settings to switch between the pixelsearch and original mode so only one script needs to be downloaded. Additionally I want to put in other races instead of just Pan America, because who knows how hard they'll hit this method in a patch. If you have other ideas for scripting I'd very much be interested!

5 minutes ago, RawwwPlatinum said:

Hey man,

Thank you for your script! I'm at 9mil credits right now. Going for the full 20mil! What changed between v0.2 and v0.4? Is it more consistent?

It should be more consistent hopefully, I've been trying with each update to improve that but I think this one will handle the menu'ing much better and daily workouts are hopefully fixed, though I won't know for another 8 hours probably. I think I added a small delay to the turning as well to try and avoid the spin out that happened every 10 races or so as mentioned by others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Septomor said:

The older version should be more likely to fail

I'm a bit surprised to hear this. I ran the script without any issue for roughly 12 hours straight last night, and about 8 hours during the day yesterday. What kind of things are to be expected if it fails? (like, could it mess up the game if not noticed quickly?)

3 minutes ago, Septomor said:

Ah thats a good idea, I was wondering about doing that as well since it would help debugging PixelSearch, I will see what I can do, current plan is to insert some script custom settings to switch between the pixelsearch and original mode so only one script needs to be downloaded. Additionally I want to put in other races instead of just Pan America, because who knows how hard they'll hit this method in a patch. If you have other ideas for scripting I'd very much be interested!

It should be more consistent hopefully, I've been trying with each update to improve that but I think this one will handle the menu'ing much better and daily workouts are hopefully fixed, though I won't know for another 8 hours probably. I think I added a small delay to the turning as well to try and avoid the spin out that happened every 10 races or so as mentioned by others.

Awesome! I'm going to sleep now. Hopefully the script will keep going on :). I have read on Reddit that the Tri-Oval track is also a very fast and easy farm. Maybe you can script for that track also. It's around 1:30 per race I think. Again thank you for your work!

15 minutes ago, svache said:

I'm a bit surprised to hear this. I ran the script without any issue for roughly 12 hours straight last night, and about 8 hours during the day yesterday. What kind of things are to be expected if it fails? (like, could it mess up the game if not noticed quickly?)

right, it's more in theory that it should fail ? it was all based on timings which are random an not always predictable. So when cutting down on times it was possible that the loop would get stuck due to a miscalculation. Now in 0.4 it's a reactionary script, so no timing is used to switch between the race and the menu'ing process. This means we can instantly go from one to the other, ie, delay is no minimum. Original script's loop time was 5:54, v0.4's loop time is about 5:01. v0.2 was around 5:20

14 minutes ago, RawwwPlatinum said:

Awesome! I'm going to sleep now. Hopefully the script will keep going on :). I have read on Reddit that the Tri-Oval track is also a very fast and easy farm. Maybe you can script for that track also. It's around 1:30 per race I think. Again thank you for your work!

Yep been working on it, it's very difficult to get the clean race, but have been trying. It might be possible for people to record macros as well of them beating a race which then can be translated in ahk. If anyone's brave enough to do windmills/fisherman's on keyboard : )

Never have (and never will) use something like this, but just interested in how much electricity it takes to constantly run this AFK for the credits earned, and so whether it wouldn’t just be cheaper to buy the bloody credits (something else I’d never do).

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 3

Can confirm that the script progresses past the daily workout rewards as intended.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Septomor said:

Can you describe where it gets stuck?

I'm testing new runs, i didnt see you changed your car settings compared to v.0.

I was stuck on the very first screen, the leaderboard. 

Is your controller steering still at -2 (if it changes anything lol).

For some reasons most laps were 36sec but 5th one was 40, which maybe fucked up the whole process.

Edit: Still stuck on leaderboard screen.

Even on a good run 3:44, i cant get past the menuing.

Edited by Shorah-

1 minute ago, Shorah- said:

I'm testing new runs, i didnt see you changed your car settings compared to v.0.

I was stuck on the very first screen, the leaderboard. 

Is your controller steering still at -2 (if it changes anything lol).

For some reasons most laps were 36sec but 5th one was 40, which maybe fucked up the whole process.

Edit: Still stuck on leaderboard screen.

Is it possible you are using the original script? If you are using the latest script and it gets stuck at the leader board, try using the ColorP button in the gui when you're at the leaderboards. This value can then be inserted into the script at the color_check line and hopefully that should start the menu'ing process. I'll try adding it to the variables window and throw an update real quick so you hopefully don't have to edit the script.

10 minutes ago, Septomor said:

Is it possible you are using the original script? If you are using the latest script and it gets stuck at the leader board, try using the ColorP button in the gui when you're at the leaderboards. This value can then be inserted into the script at the color_check line and hopefully that should start the menu'ing process. I'll try adding it to the variables window and throw an update real quick so you hopefully don't have to edit the script.

I clicked on color check and changed for a new value 0x0 but now on the screen where it's supposed to click on next race, it keeps going on replay, play replay, exit (repeat).

Just now, Shorah- said:

I clicked on color check and changed for a new value 0x0 but now on the screen where it's supposed to click on next race, it keeps going on replay, play replay, exit (repeat).

Are you moving the screen around or resizing it? It has to remain where it is and can't be covered by another window and cant be minimized. The original version could do everything in the background, the current one needs to be able to see the window to react to it. The script is looking at the button to the right of the replay button, and trying to find the green pixel inside the arrow, so if you do anything with the window it won't know when to stop menu'ing

Glad you found it useful ?

I also got stuck once or twice on the leaderboard with the purple banner (pixelsearch).

But so far I had 3 times the car doing circle burnouts, probably after hitting an other car.

Faster lap times are not always better apparently ?

Edit : got stuck an other time on this screen

FkBVxrT.png

Edited by RSteph77

I followed the setup exactly as described, but am having an issue. I hover over retry as described, then I open remote play and connect. At this point, the remote play window is full size and the top window. When I launch the script and press start, it moves the remote play window into the top left corner of my computer screen. After the vehicle crosses the starting line, the car immediately turns into the wall on the right. This to me indicates it is thinking it is still in the menu, though I have no idea why it is resizing the remote play window in the first place. Any help would be appreciated! Seems like an awesome tool :)

EDIT: I did not change the x button and down button accordingly. Please friends read everything! Works like a charm, error on my end! 

Edited by Im2Fast_4U
I have dyslexia and failed at fully reading

It seems it's getting better and better. The loop time is now pretty close to my Python script (mine is around 290s). I can see why there are some people having problem with this script. The script will resize/move the window initially, but the absolute position will be still different depending on their resolution and scaling. As such, both searching for the purple and searching for the green part doesn't work for those people, until they manually reposition it and repick the color.

The menu traversal works really well for me, I have however had a couple of collisions which have ended up in getting stuck spinning and having to restart the cycle. This didn't happen with previous versions of the script (the one that took 5m45s per cycle).

So while it is faster per cycle, v0.4 is way less reliable than previous versions. (The spinouts happen mid to late first corner on the first lap if it helps debugging)

• Like 1

Hey,

not sure if you saw my post in the other thread but maybe you can code in a timer for when the purple bar doesn't show up afer x minutes the script presses pause and restarts the race? That'd eliminate the issue of getting stuck in an infinite spin due to a bad collision with the AI. :)

1 hour ago, RSteph77 said:

Faster lap times are not always better apparently 1f605.png

Edit : got stuck an other time on this screen

New version is up, hopefully this will fix it, I adjusted the beginning delay on turning, the idea is to thread the needle basically between the cars. Here's hoping but I haven't run into a spin out in an hour so far. @dotazured @GTP_Nuschel 

21 minutes ago, Wendenhorn said:

It seems it's getting better and better. The loop time is now pretty close to my Python script (mine is around 290s). I can see why there are some people having problem with this script. The script will resize/move the window initially, but the absolute position will be still different depending on their resolution and scaling. As such, both searching for the purple and searching for the green part doesn't work for those people, until they manually reposition it and repick the color.

290 is really good, I'd be interested in seeing your script if possible, just because I think moving to python will help bring more developers into the game. As it is it's been quite a bit of work lol

edit: Messed up v0,5 link, is correct now

Edited by Septomor
  • Like 2