AFK methods for farming (GT 1.09 update)

Septomor

i have a noob question so please be gentle, ive connected to remote play, ive started and then paused the race, ive hovered over retry then double clicked a script but when i press start nothing happens. does it only work with the dodge in your description? i dont have that car at the mo so im trying this with a corvette C7

thanks

aaron

Hi

Currently working on a Keyboard Maestro version to have a script, that works on Mac/Os.

My experience so far is, that there is quite often a problem of lags.

Simple scenarios like:

- Check for the red button at the start of the 2nd race

- Press Circle/Esc

- Continue with X/Enter

Could result in an issue, if the Circle command was not performed due to a lag.

Therefore I use a safe check.

- Do the wanted action

- Check if the cursor is on the supposed position.

If not, repeat the previous step until the cursor is on the right position.

As soon this is the case I can continue.

And also the color check is very frustrating on some cases, because due to a not always stable connection the picture quality goes down and this could effect the result of the checked pixel.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, FPG1981 said:

i have a noob question so please be gentle, ive connected to remote play, ive started and then paused the race, ive hovered over retry then double clicked a script but when i press start nothing happens. does it only work with the dodge in your description? i dont have that car at the mo so im trying this with a corvette C7

thanks

aaron

This is only for the car in description but in your case, that's not the issue as the script would still start. You should be hovering over the retry button and then starting remote play.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Septomor said:

Hey all, I'd like to go over the big issue I'm certain everyone is having with updated versions and pixel search

So if you can wait a little bit or possibly come up with a math equation for me then I believe we can make the 846, 901, 850, 905 from above adjust properly. Right now for many of you I suspect it's not even pixel searching in the remote play window, for others with very high resolution monitors it's probably searching far North-West of the purple banner on the leader board. 

I used window spy to get the color and I assumed those values you are talking about are screen and window so I replaced them with the one I got from window spy and they works perfectly fine except sometimes it loops at the replay.

Another idea from my side:

Change the workflow of the script a little bit, so everyone can ignore step 1 from the manual and just got the World Circuits Menu and start the script.

E.g

Prepare the remote app window.

Loop forever

- Start Championship

- Race

- Skip 2nd Race

Edited by Fanatico1981

33 minutes ago, Septomor said:

Hey all, I'd like to go over the big issue I'm certain everyone is having with updated versions and pixel search

So if you can wait a little bit or possibly come up with a math equation for me then I believe we can make the 846, 901, 850, 905 from above adjust properly. Right now for many of you I suspect it's not even pixel searching in the remote play window, for others with very high resolution monitors it's probably searching far North-West of the purple banner on the leader board. 

I'm really new to AHK, and not a programmer. 

Would a solution potentially be to test ps remote play on different resolutions to find what it default resizes to based on resolution. Then potentially make a resolution setting on the script with those appropriate values?

Also for users here. 

I had some issues getting set up today, but I've been on a 2 hour streak atm using v0.5 ahk version from github.

-PS5 (resolution setting at automatic)

-Resolution on pc is standard 1920 x 1080

-360p setting in remote play

-Ps5 and remote play latest version

-car settings, assist settings, controller srettings all the same EXCEPT (I set Sports hard for both tires and AI to easy after a couple spinouts)

A couple of suggestions from here i personally didnt need:

-did not mess with priorities in task manager

-did not set ai to hard

Replay menu sometimes hiccups but doesnt loop Indefinitely. Hasn't spun out or non clean race in almost 3 hours.

Edited by mit648

17 minutes ago, billickc said:

I'd like to try this and run it on my old PS4 (at night/at work) when I'm not actively playing Gran Turismo 7 on my PS5.  Has anyone else done this? And is there a danger of opening saves on both machines? Thanks!

I did it once for 8 hrs straight during the day, and another one in the evening and night for 12 hours straight. There were no issues at all. This was under version 0.1 though. Last night, I ran version 0.601 for about 4 hours straight as well. 

So far, the only times I noticed something went wrong with the script or game, it either went into reply, started the next race instead of exiting, or simply crashed in the first game and drove everywhere except the laps lol (this was all caused by network lags on my end, which I've since resolved). I'm not saying nothing can go wrong (after all, it is really just advanced rubberbanding) but I haven't seen any serious issues so far. 

First up, massive thank you to @Septomor

Thank you for making this, and for sharing it, and for supporting it.

I have read through, and not found an answer to my question. 

How / Can I move the remote play window? I dragged it to my second screen, but it wouldnt start the next race. I tried restarting it, but it always goes to top left of primary screen. am I doing something wrong, or does it have to stay there?

Id like to be able to PC game whilst it runs :)

As a side note, Im running everything as per OP, not changed anything. Dual 1440p monitors, no res changes or anything, on 0.7 exe, running perfectly so far.

For anyone struggling getting the thing to menu properly; make sure you have windows scaling set to 100%. Mine was set to 125% (1080p laptop monitor), and it would always struggle at the replay screen. Just reverted it to 100%, and now it's working flawlessly, even without changing any of the colors in the script.

I did restart remote play after setting the scaling back to 100%, but I'm not sure if that's a necessary step.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Fanatico1981 said:

Hi

Currently working on a Keyboard Maestro version to have a script, that works on Mac/Os.

My experience so far is, that there is quite often a problem of lags.

Simple scenarios like:

- Check for the red button at the start of the 2nd race

- Press Circle/Esc

- Continue with X/Enter

Could result in an issue, if the Circle command was not performed due to a lag.

Therefore I use a safe check.

- Do the wanted action

- Check if the cursor is on the supposed position.

If not, repeat the previous step until the cursor is on the right position.

As soon this is the case I can continue.

And also the color check is very frustrating on some cases, because due to a not always stable connection the picture quality goes down and this could effect the result of the checked pixel.

Hmmm nice.

Just letting you know that I'm running the script and remote play in parallels on a Mac mini with no problem so far.

1 hour ago, Septomor said:

maybe we need a sticky of more requirements. Is it possible for you to test it at 100% windows scaling @ 720p resolution. I’m sure everyone has a 720p laptop or monitor, so would this then translate to more accurate results for people?

PS Remote Play:

- 360p

- Standard Frame Rate

- PS4 / PS5 and Windows PC ideally using Ethernet

I don't know how many people this can help but these are the steps I've gone through to get it consistently working for me after replay loops/leaderboard sticks and moving on to the 2nd race in the championship: 

PS4 Pro

- Use Version V.07.exe

- Pixel does not work for me no matter what i try so use timing and select PS4 + Timing (obvs)
- If you're using dual monitors drop them both to 720p (or at the very least your PRIMARY monitor as when the GUI resizes Remote play it switches to the primary monitor) 

- Make sure you not running a 3rd party controller software like DS4 windows or the like

- Start the race, pause straight away, hover over retry, press start on the GUI and leave it.

If you want to do stuff on your PC only do it during the race, on the last lap make sure you select remote play again so its the active window and wait till you're back in the race.

I'm watching Netflix while the script is running and after skipping the episode intro im selecting remote play straight as to not forget.

If you get a spin, pause, close GUI, retry, pause, hover over retry and start GUI script again.

Hope this helps some of you :)

Edited by twistedvaccine
spelling

15 minutes ago, Septomor said:

ahk v0.8

exe v0.8

Please try these if you've been having issues with pixel search, I think I've got it working correctly now independent of monitor resolution. If it still gets stuck in the replay section, there is a new variable in the variables window called Color 2 Delay, change this to a higher value, try 1000 to start and see how that goes.

Edit: If you snapped downloaded the links were wrong. 

For my side this version get's stucked after the money and the miles are paid. In the replay screen it switches through the cars and didn't push the quit button. At the last corner it did not accelerate and steer anymore.

Your version 0.51 for the old ps4 version works perfect for me.

Edited by ellileon

If anyone wants to help me debug and are able to record/stream it would be very useful. Again, I'm kind of shooting at ghosts since I don't know exactly what the errors people may get are and I am unable to reproduce errors on my side. I think it is very very close though as of the latest. Soon when it's working for enough people we can begin working on other races (because of course 10,000 people racing pan am 20 hours a day is too much for PD). I'll try creating a debug version for anyone who wants to test with me, please have AHK installed if you want to try to debug :-)

7 minutes ago, Septomor said:

If anyone wants to help me debug and are able to record/stream it would be very useful. Again, I'm kind of shooting at ghosts since I don't know exactly what the errors people may get are and I am unable to reproduce errors on my side. I think it is very very close though as of the latest. Soon when it's working for enough people we can begin working on other races (because of course 10,000 people racing pan am 20 hours a day is too much for PD). I'll try creating a debug version for anyone who wants to test with me, please have AHK installed if you want to try to debug :-)

I'll help! Send me a message psn: automatic707 

I'm running .5 without issues but I'll load up .8 or whatever you want.

Edited by Automatic707

14 minutes ago, Septomor said:

I can help with my Ps4 Pro, if you send a message to me discord I can share my screen with you Dc: DunyalilardanTiskiniyorum#9449 , 

AHK is already installed

Edited by ElenionAncalima_

A little feedback after encountering some issues to running the script more than 7 or 8 races before stuck on the replay screen. Hope this will help some :)

Setup:

PS5

Windows 10

Dual screen 4K

Remote play 360p

Script 0.7 exe (Pixel method)

The script worked like a charm but, randomly, after some races, always ended up to stuck momentary on the cup screen. After some time, the script passed the next screens and stucked on replay screen.

It was obviously a color picking problem. I changed my screens resolution to 1080p and the script has been working perfectly for the last 4 hours.

I aslo put a black screen as a wallpaper to avoid picking color problem.

Again and again, thank you Septo :)
I consider to donate to the scottish children hospital you mentionned before.

Edited by ArkoDark

Just wanted to post thank you here. Started it last night and it worked great all night! 

One note for anyone who may be starting this and have this issue. If you press Start on the script and nothing happens. Close the script and right click it and open it as Administrator, then when you click Start it will work. 

• Like 1

v8 is definitely getting better.  The issue it's having is timing which I assume is one of the variables we can adjust?  On pixel mine hangs on the credit/mile screen after the first race.  On timing it runs through everything, including the replay, before getting caught in the replay loop screen.

Though I'm on a PS4 Pro so I don't expect it to work properly.  Huge thanks to you, Septomor!  Even if I have to do the menu's myself this is still better than grinding away mindlessly!

Edit:  v8 ps4/timing does eventually enter/exit race 2, select pan-am, and start racing again.  It just takes 8-10min to get back to the next race.  Seems really close to being optimized.  Wish I had any programing or coding knowledge so I could lend a hand...

Edited by segulibanez65

Will create a discord server later, not very discord savvy but if others would like to help set it up that'd be great. I think people are messaging a little fast forums about issues and I think discord can help solve the problem. Let me know if you're able to help with a discord server.

• Like 4