AFK methods for farming (GT 1.09 update)

Septomor

1 hour ago, Septomor said:

Are you moving the screen around or resizing it? It has to remain where it is and can't be covered by another window and cant be minimized. The original version could do everything in the background, the current one needs to be able to see the window to react to it. The script is looking at the button to the right of the replay button, and trying to find the green pixel inside the arrow, so if you do anything with the window it won't know when to stop menu'ing

having this problem but im not touching the screen or covering it any ideas?

39 minutes ago, Septomor said:

290 is really good, I'd be interested in seeing your script if possible, just because I think moving to python will help bring more developers into the game. As it is it's been quite a bit of work lol

Mine is too shameful to share, as it's a collection of boilerplates and spaghettis ? I can tell which parts are different to yours though if you want.

27 minutes ago, VELOCIOUS-VIPER said:

having this problem but im not touching the screen or covering it any ideas?

If you're stuck at the race result screen or 'to next race' screen without touching anything, there is a good chance that your problem is originated from the hard coded position not matching to your resolution/scaling. Proceed to the screen with 'replay' and 'to next race' with a green icon. Then launch the window spy and bring your mouse cursor over the green icon. If what you see on the 'screen' section of the window spy is far from 342, 363, then it means the script is looking for the green on the wrong place. Same goes for the race result screen. Hover your mouse to 218, 359 and see if it's on the purple banner. To fix this, you need to change both position and color, according to the value found on your setup.

Edited by Wendenhorn
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Septomor said:

right, it's more in theory that it should fail 1f605.png it was all based on timings which are random an not always predictable. So when cutting down on times it was possible that the loop would get stuck due to a miscalculation. Now in 0.4 it's a reactionary script, so no timing is used to switch between the race and the menu'ing process. This means we can instantly go from one to the other, ie, delay is no minimum. Original script's loop time was 5:54, v0.4's loop time is about 5:01. v0.2 was around 5:20

lol gotcha! - Does that also mean that, with the new script, the script would no longer continue if there's an issue, like when an AI car gets bumped in a weird way causing a spin, or for example, when that marathon trophy pops after midnight? 

2 hours ago, richtayls said:
2 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Never have (and never will) use something like this, but just interested in how much electricity it takes to constantly run this AFK for the credits earned, and so whether it wouldn’t just be cheaper to buy the bloody credits (something else I’d never do).

If this script earns 625k credits per hour then that’s 15 million per day, which would cost £120 from the PSN store, hopefully you’re on a cheaper electricity tariff than that.

Plus, also consider your time is worth money as well. I mean, even at minimum wage, you'd be better off working and having this script run during your work hours rather than trying to grind it yourself. 

As for the cost of electricity, mine comes from solar, so the costs are really at a minimum. 

2 hours ago, RSteph77 said:

Glad you found it useful ?

I also got stuck once or twice on the leaderboard with the purple banner (pixelsearch).

But so far I had 3 times the car doing circle burnouts, probably after hitting an other car.

Faster lap times are not always better apparently ?

Edit : got stuck an other time on this screen

FkBVxrT.png

If youre still getting stuck on that screen, here is how i fixed it

"After you finish the race, there should be a purple banner banner underneath the leaderboard right? I have pixel search look on that banner for the purple color there. it might depend on your pc monitor if you're using a filter for diming the screen or such. No worries, after the race is finished, exit the script and do Windows Key + "Window Spy", this is an ahk script that lets you peek at certain values that are important to us. Just hover your mouse over the purple box, and hold Ctrl to pause window spy. Then you can copy and paste the values (like I have from lines 154-158) and in particular copy the color and overwrite 0x3f1757 from the script. Hopefully that makes sense, I'm pretty tired so I have to sleep for now, I'll try making a guide in the morning." This is what Septomor said in another thread

5 hours ago, RSteph77 said:

As you can see the "menu bar" of the app overlays on the bottom of the PS5 display and you can't really see where is the cursor or what you're doing.

But the menu bar disappears as soon as you start the script? It's only there when interacting with the remote play window.

Edited by disco_potato

2 hours ago, Wendenhorn said:

Mine is too shameful to share, as it's a collection of boilerplates and spaghettis ? I can tell which parts are different to yours though if you want.

If you're stuck at the race result screen or 'to next race' screen without touching anything, there is a good chance that your problem is originated from the hard coded position not matching to your resolution/scaling. Proceed to the screen with 'replay' and 'to next race' with a green icon. Then launch the window spy and bring your mouse cursor over the green icon. If what you see on the 'screen' section of the window spy is far from 342, 363, then it means the script is looking for the green on the wrong place. Same goes for the race result screen. Hover your mouse to 218, 359 and see if it's on the purple banner. To fix this, you need to change both position and color, according to the value found on your setup.

values seem to be in the exact spot but doesn't work, i changed the numbers small amounts while still fitting in the color too and that didn't work either

currently im just using v0.3 as that's the latest one that works, not sure what is causing the issue

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VELOCIOUS-VIPER said:

values seem to be in the exact spot but doesn't work, i changed the numbers small amounts while still fitting in the color too and that didn't work either

currently im just using v0.3 as that's the latest one that works, not sure what is causing the issue

Can you explain how it fails? I'm guessing getting stuck at the purple banner part? If you've tried window spy it should tell you everything, I tried setting up for color picking with the buttons, but couldn't figure out the logical way of returning to the loop. Are you using dual monitors maybe? Do you have a program that dims your screen during the night?

First of all thank you for this, I'd like to try this method but I can't access the Remote Play website/download through your link or even searching through Google, says something about failing to connect, I've tried what it's suggests, like re-adding Google to my anti-virus firewall etc... but it still doesn't work, does anyone have any idea? I'm using Windows 11 with Norton 360. 

29 minutes ago, Septomor said:

Can you explain how it fails? I'm guessing getting stuck at the purple banner part? If you've tried window spy it should tell you everything, I tried setting up for color picking with the buttons, but couldn't figure out the logical way of returning to the loop. Are you using dual monitors maybe? Do you have a program that dims your screen during the night?

the issue is that it makes it to the page that has two option 'view replay' or 'Go to next race'  then it presses view replay (the first option that the cursor hovers over) then exit replay, and it gets stuck like that repeating in a loop (keeps pressing x), it never makes it past this page

i think the program still thinks its driving so it keeps hitting x thats why it seems to go throught the menus so quick up until that point

i don't have dual monitors or anything that changes dims or alters my screen

the values 218,359 and 343,363 match in windows spy, i also tried changing them slightly to fit in the color better but that didnt work either

strange that 0.3 works fine most of time (seems to get stuck but only after 1+ hour of working) but not v0.5

thanks for making the bot its very much appreciated 

Edited by VELOCIOUS-VIPER

2 minutes ago, Waa-Laa said:

First of all thank you for this, I'd like to try this method but I can't access the Remote Play website/download through your link or even searching through Google, says something about failing to connect, I've tried what it's suggests, like re-adding Google to my anti-virus firewall etc... but it still doesn't work, does anyone have any idea? I'm using Windows 11 with Norton 360. 

https://remoteplay.dl.playstation.net/remoteplay/lang/en/ps4_win.html

https://remoteplay.dl.playstation.net/remoteplay/lang/en/ps5_win.html

Do these not work? You can try the direct link though not sure it work either https://remoteplay.dl.playstation.net/remoteplay/module/win/RemotePlayInstaller.exe very strange issue.

2 minutes ago, VELOCIOUS-VIPER said:

the issue is that it makes it to the page that has two option 'view replay' or 'Go to next race'  then it presses view replay (the first option that the cursor hovers over) then exit replay, and it gets stuck like that repeating in a loop (keeps pressing x), it never makes it past this page

i don't have dual monitors or anything that changes dims or alters my screen

the values 218,359 and 343,363 match in windows spy, i changed them slightly to fit in the color better but that didnt work either

strange that 0.3 works fine most of time (seems to get stuck but only after 1+ hour of working) but not v0.5

thanks for making the bot its very much appreciated 

Ah! Can you edit line 201 to sleep 600 and see if that works?

• Like 1

Thanks for these scripts!  I have tried both and would really like a quick piece of info.

What value do I edit to adjust the pause time between button presses in the menu?  I am having a problem where after the race and it gets back to the main menu to select the race it ends up passing up pan am america a lot.  It sometimes goes past the race by one but sometimes it goes several places after.  Both the menu script and gui script do this.

I had problems with the GUI script but after changing the color code for the green next race arrow it worked great but im still having the issue where it doesnt select pan am most of the time.  The other script seems to be more accurate but it can run 5 times in a row or 1 time before it misses the next race.  I was hoping I could figure out either a variable to wait 1 second on the "right" command or possible find to delay how soon a command is repeated.  For example when you hold a key on your keyboard it will repeat after a short pause - I think what is happening is sometimes when the right command is issued it actually goes over 2 places from just one command and I dont know what to do about that?

1 minute ago, LenXIII said:

Thanks for these scripts!  I have tried both and would really like a quick piece of info.

What value do I edit to adjust the pause time between button presses in the menu?  I am having a problem where after the race and it gets back to the main menu to select the race it ends up passing up pan am america a lot.  It sometimes goes past the race by one but sometimes it goes several places after.  Both the menu script and gui script do this.

I had problems with the GUI script but after changing the color code for the green next race arrow it worked great but im still having the issue where it doesnt select pan am most of the time.  The other script seems to be more accurate but it can run 5 times in a row or 1 time before it misses the next race.  I was hoping I could figure out either a variable to wait 1 second on the "right" command or possible find to delay how soon a command is repeated.  For example when you hold a key on your keyboard it will repeat after a short pause - I think what is happening is sometimes when the right command is issued it actually goes over 2 places from just one command and I dont know what to do about that?

Sure thing, it presses right at line 233-235, 236 is the pause between right presses, you can up it to maybe 600. The fact it's passing the race though is odd, is pam am the 6th championship in your list at the bottom? It might be considered holding down the Right button as well. This would mean possibly an internet issue because if it lags during the press of the button then remote play doesn't know you've lifted the button. You can try shortening the line between {right up} sleep 200 {right down} to 100 as well to see if that helps.

20 minutes ago, Septomor said:

Ah! Can you edit line 201 to sleep 600 and see if that works?

unfortunately doesn't work, still keeps hitting x on replay as if it were still driving not sure what's wrong

Im guessing it cant recognize the green arrow or purple color? even though the x and y coordinates match perfectly when i open windows spy

any other ideas?

Edited by VELOCIOUS-VIPER

3 minutes ago, VELOCIOUS-VIPER said:

unfortunately doesn't work, still keeps hitting x on replay as if it were still driving not sure what's wrong

Im guessing it cant recognize the green arrow or purple color? even though the x and y coordinates match perfectly when i open windows spy

Can you try this script. Do the race manually and at the purple banner, press the ColorP1 button, at the replay/next race press ColorP2. Those values you can overwrite in the script and it should work hopefully.

Used it all night, it farmed a little over 5 mil in 10 hours. Had zero problems except the thoughts "What if my PC goes to sleep" "What if the car needs an oil change and loses power and the script doesn't work anymore" "What if it gets stuck on a menu" kept me awake, especially when I woke up this morning earlier than expected and couldn't go back to sleep. But it all worked fine, and you have my thanks.

However... how ironic is this that the only method to get one of the high-end cars is to let an automatic script drive a sci-fi car around a fictional track? So much for The Real Driving Simulator.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, IssaStorm- said:

If youre still getting stuck on that screen, here is how i fixed it

"After you finish the race, there should be a purple banner banner underneath the leaderboard right? I have pixel search look on that banner for the purple color there. it might depend on your pc monitor if you're using a filter for diming the screen or such. No worries, after the race is finished, exit the script and do Windows Key + "Window Spy", this is an ahk script that lets you peek at certain values that are important to us. Just hover your mouse over the purple box, and hold Ctrl to pause window spy. Then you can copy and paste the values (like I have from lines 154-158) and in particular copy the color and overwrite 0x3f1757 from the script. Hopefully that makes sense, I'm pretty tired so I have to sleep for now, I'll try making a guide in the morning." This is what Septomor said in another thread

Thank you but yes I know that, I tried all the previous versions and I didn't have this issue with the 0.2 which already had the pixelsearch function.

The weird thing was that it didn't happen every time and it was quite rare. 

I didn't have the time to investigate yesterday but I'll do it today if it happens again with the 0.5

5 hours ago, disco_potato said:

But the menu bar disappears as soon as you start the script? It's only there when interacting with the remote play window.

Yes but still ?, I also wanted a slightly bigger window too

And like Septo said, I did some debug with the pixelsearch function and every time I moved on this zone it appeared and bothered me

Edited by RSteph77
  • Like 1

This is working wonderfully, been using it for the last 90 minutes with zero issues. You don’t always get the clean race bonus and that’s fine as you can’t predict what the AI is going to do and you don’t always get it when racing yourself either. Thanks for all the hard work @Septomor that you put into generating this method. 

• Like 1

Just as an outsider who was interested in this game Sony have really fucked this up. The game is so grindy and boring people make scripts to play it? I won't be buying or supporting this game, this is everything I hate about the industry. If the devs want to make it a chore to play just make it FTP and monetise the shit out of it, and then I know to not even waste my time looking into if the game is any good because you know from the off it's balanced around getting money out of people.

Gaming is getting fucked by this ballshit, and I kind of expected better from Sony but I guess no one is immune.

Edited by tpepper1985

Ran 0.5 all night without issues or spinouts.

One thing that I have noticed is that one may crash into backmarkers on the back straight during fifth lap, but still getting clean race bonus so no complaints.

While it is not fair being called an "exploit", this have gotten coverage in gaming media now:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2022-03-22-gran-turismo-7-fan-creates-credit-farming-exploit

Edited by dotazured

Does anyone have a working version of the script for the fat ps4? Im getting stuck in the next race. The script tries to exit Daytona while its still loading. Tried to change the "sleep" variables, but am struggling to find the correct one...

Edited by Snow_Kirby