SHOULD I DO THIS

SHOULD I DO THIS?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. YES OR NO

• YES
    • NO

• 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

Is there a consolidated source for all tips and tricks for a platinum run on this game? Was considering making this platinum 300 or some sort of milestone Plat that is far away cause I know it will take a long time

Nope. The best I've been able to find is first just go through the story, then decipher this for help on attempting the plat: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/7232-white-knight-chronicles-solo-help-updated/

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

I had almost forgotten about this public event.

OP, do you have an update on how things are coming along?

I did actually get my copy of the game in. I'm thinking since it'll probably be like a two year effort that I could really start it any time and just whittle away at it whenever I see fit.

Edited by Deadly_Ha_Ha
  • Like 1

I have a copy of the game, but I'm pretty sure I don't have the time to commit (and also didn't realise that a server shutdown made it even longer to finish).

..but I'm half tempted to participate for ?s and giggles.

This game was great in like. 2012, was one of the 1st PS3 games i ever bought,. Got stuck on the 1st real boss, quit.. then came back a few year later to find out servers were dead, beat the boss. Rest of game was a joke.

Loved the 'custom combo skills'  

Just wish a.i was Abit more polished.

Gotta come back to this eventually. Lol

• Like 3

• 11 months later...
On 23/03/2022 at 10:43 PM, AihaLoveleaf said:

A trophy guide for the offline solo experience of White Knight Chronicles would be one of the most interesting things published to the site in a while. You've been chosen, OP.

i genuinely don't think a trophy guide would be all that helpful due to the absolute mess the game is, and because every trophy is self explanatory. I think the best thing is just conversations discussing the best way to go about stuff. though, if people want it, I'd definitely be willing to put one together. not entirely sure how I'd format it though...

On 23/03/2022 at 10:43 PM, AihaLoveleaf said:

Edited by Bacon_Fluff
accidentally posted the same thing twice lol, second quote won't delete for some reason
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bacon_Fluff said:

i genuinely don't think a trophy guide would be all that helpful due to the absolute mess the game is, and because every trophy is self explanatory. I think the best thing is just conversations discussing the best way to go about stuff. though, if people want it, I'd definitely be willing to put one together. not entirely sure how I'd format it though...

I was speaking more to it being interesting as a spectacle and conversation starter—like when the Diablo II: Resurrected guide came out close to the release of the game, and everybody was coming to terms with how ridiculous the grind actually was before recent patches shortened the length. If I was playing White Knight Chronicles myself, I'd likely get better results combing through old GameFAQs threads and EN/JP YouTube videos to narrow down the best strategies for each step of the journey.

• Like 2

oh it would definitely be interesting to watch, for sure. as someone who has spent far longer than she should combing those aforementioned gamefaqs threads, I could compile it. I can't promise it'll be perfect, especially since I know more about 2, but it'll be better than nothing!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Don't worry, my life just has to go the wrong kind of way and I'll be starting this game any old time now

good luck with whatever's going on man, and I do hope you have fun with it all :)

oh, also, I've started work on the guide. so far I've only got offline, build suggestions, and what to grind gr on. any other ideas would be greatly appreciated

3 hours ago, Bacon_Fluff said:

good luck with whatever's going on man, and I do hope you have fun with it all :)

oh, also, I've started work on the guide. so far I've only got offline, build suggestions, and what to grind gr on. any other ideas would be greatly appreciated

I'm very confident that if I start it I'll be referring to your guide, so thank you for the effort you're willing to put into it

• Like 1

I appreciate that! any impact I can make on reviving the community means so much to me hehe

oh that reminds me, would you like me to add a quest guide to the bottom/make a new topic? I know that almost every quest has a guide on Neoseeker, but compiling them could be helpful. I also know there's a lot missing, such as Sprog Cleaning which I wrote a while ago.

• 6 months later...

My partner recently (a few weekends ago) found the first WNC at the mall here, and we got it. I started playing it today. I'm to the point of getting the first Knight and it's reminiscent of FFXII, my favorite FF game, so I'm enjoying it.

Having skimmed this thread and others from the title I'm at a loss as to if I want to actually try to 100% it considering the plat has a obtain % of 1.56%... kinda makes me feel less than eager, by ill just play the game for fun.