PS4 System Update breaks Playstation Plus?

You

Downloaded the update this morning and been running Splitgate no problem at all this entire time. Thought you guys were tripping, but decided to go try Fall Guys and that's not working at all. Looks like Splitgate is the only game you can run right now without issue, highly recommend everyone looking for something to do go check it out since its free to play while Sony fixes their shit.

Maybe games that are broken use dedicated Sony's servers run by Sony are broken? Hmm, but then Gran Turismo is working. Weird.

Anyway yes so planned to help my mate  on Elden Ring tonight as we're just having to play separately but chat with each other separately playing alone...

6 minutes ago, TheDXJC56 said:

Downloaded the update this morning and been running Splitgate no problem at all this entire time. Thought you guys were tripping, but decided to go try Fall Guys and that's not working at all. Looks like Splitgate is the only game you can run right now without issue, highly recommend everyone looking for something to do go check it out since its free to play while Sony fixes their shit.

Well there are offline games, so people always have that.

7 minutes ago, TheDXJC56 said:

I don't know man, you 100% sound like an undercover Splitgate dev. What a weird thing to say in this thread.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Infernopommes said:

I don't know man, you 100% sound like an undercover Splitgate dev. What a weird thing to say in this thread.

Yep, real weird to tell people a game has working multiplayer while all other games don't in case they wanna run something that's multiplayer in the mean time, must be an undercover 

Edited by TheDXJC56

1 minute ago, enaysoft said:

Maybe games that are broken use dedicated Sony's servers run by Sony are broken? Hmm, but then Gran Turismo is working. Weird.

Anyway yes so planned to help my mate  on Elden Ring tonight as we're just having to play separately but chat with each other separately playing alone...

I don't think there's any reasoning behind why some work and others don't, whenever stuff like this happens the system just gets wacky, let's hope this issue is resolved soon.

15 minutes ago, TheDXJC56 said:

Well, Splitgate is F2P so it doesn't use PS+ verification. Fall Guys does.

• Like 2

I guess I picked a good time to hit up my PS3 backlog. No issues on PS3 besides not being able to sign in which doesn't matter since all PS3 games don't require online to play anyway. 

Online is a necessity in most modern games and the consumer base craves it but this is the downside. Online is not 100% reliable, nothing is. It's like saying electricity is bad just because your power goes out sometimes. It doesn't make much sense. My power goes out at least once a month which is okay with me since it does work the vast majority of the time so I can deal with it being off for a few hours a month. Same situation here. PSN goes down at least once a month and it's fixed within a few hours usually. That's okay with me as long as it works the majority of the time which it does and I'm usually not even around when it does go down as it tends to happen in the morning when I'm at work anyway. Go outside, go for a walk, get a bite to eat, hit the gym or something. By the time you get back, the chances are the issues will be fixed. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

I don't think there's any reasoning behind why some work and others don't, whenever stuff like this happens the system just gets wacky, let's hope this issue is resolved soon.

Developers have a multitude of ways to implement what end users see as "multiplayer." There are absolutely reasons why some work and some don't, but as console users, it's supposed to be seamless and the side effect of that is when some stuff goes down, it's looks like it's completely illogical.

This is big impact, so it'll probably get addressed quickly.

6 minutes ago, xItsLesterx said:

Me: Let me try to finish up these Fall Guys trophies

Sony: The fuck you ain't!! Let me release this update that will fuck up your whole system and won't be able to play for the very service you're paying for!!

1f62d.png1f62d.png1f602.png These MFs are ruthless 

I could not sentiment this any better than you said ?? I’ve been grinding out my 500 rounds since that’s all I have 

4 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Developers have a multitude of ways to implement what end users see as "multiplayer." There are absolutely reasons why some work and some don't, but as console users, it's supposed to be seamless and the side effect of that is when some stuff goes down, it's looks like it's completely illogical.

This is big impact, so it'll probably get addressed quickly.

Yeah but it seems weird that it's the PS+ verification that is the issue not the servers? So it's interesting games like Splitgate are Gran Turismo get through the PS+ certificate fine somehow. Perhaps this means those games will might actually work without PS+?

11 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Yeah but it seems weird that it's the PS+ verification that is the issue not the servers? So it's interesting games like Splitgate are Gran Turismo get through the PS+ certificate fine somehow. Perhaps this means those games will might actually work without PS+?

Is GT7 Online working though, for those that are affected? Single Player should be fine, as it doesn't need PS+.

3 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Does Gran Turismo 7 work though I guess is the biggest question? Second time in a "fortnite" that the game will be unplayable.

I mean if this update has broken PSPlus, it's not like they can just issue a new patch within the next few minutes. This is gonna take some time....

At least PS5 users can view the connection errors in a "Variable Refresh Rate".

Online is the future guys!

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

(That was a random Ric Flair joke btw)

Off Topic:

The Nature Boy! stylin, profilin, limousine ridin, jet flyin, kiss stealin, wheelin dealin, son of a gun! woooooo!!!

still love his promo with Jay Lethal:

Jay: "dont be mad they tore old space mountain down"

Flair: "Hey! Oldest ride, longest line, i can get anyone, even that fat one *thrusts*" ?

On Topic:

So don't install update yet... can i play online if i don't though? Not that i really can summon the last 2 missions in Stranger of Paradise lol

• Like 2