PS4 System Update breaks Playstation Plus?

You

2 minutes ago, NewDust said:

I couldn't play online despite not having the update, so I guess not.

Apparently affects Vita too and that had no update. Doesn't even seem to the update that is at fault. Maybe, don't think anyone knows. Well it's almost bed time in Japan, soon approaching, looks like my entire evening will remain offline gaming.

19 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Off Topic:

The Nature Boy! stylin, profilin, limousine ridin, jet flyin, kiss stealin, wheelin dealin, son of a gun! woooooo!!!

still love his promo with Jay Lethal:

Jay: "dont be mad they tore old space mountain down"

Flair: "Hey! Oldest ride, longest line, i can get anyone, even that fat one *thrusts*" 1f602.png

On Topic:

So don't install update yet... can i play online if i don't though? Not that i really can summon the last 2 missions in Stranger of Paradise lol

People saying they can't even get online without the update too. Stranger of Paradise doesn't even require online to play unless you've been using the online co-op function.

21 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Off Topic:

The Nature Boy! stylin, profilin, limousine ridin, jet flyin, kiss stealin, wheelin dealin, son of a gun! woooooo!!!

still love his promo with Jay Lethal:

Jay: "dont be mad they tore old space mountain down"

Flair: "Hey! Oldest ride, longest line, i can get anyone, even that fat one *thrusts*" ?

WWF uploaded the entire Royal Rumble 1992 to the youtube channel. Nothing will ever top that one.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MercilessWaffle said:

Why does it seem after ever major update, stuff like this happens now?

Yeah,I'm getting a bit tired of this BS as well.

My first day off in about 6 weeks and I wanted to play some Fallout 76 (don't judge me :P )

But, again... something is wrong with the network.

I love playstation, and have loved them for 25 years.

But, I'm slowly getting more and more annoyed by this and starting to wonder if maybe it's time to switch to PC gaming.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, DEMON said:

People saying they can't even get online without the update too. Stranger of Paradise doesn't even require online to play unless you've been using the online co-op function.

Are you sure SoP doesn't require online play? I played the demo last week and was kicked out before a boss fight, and i was playing singleplayer. I couldn't restart the game because of connection issues so i had to reconfigure the internet settings of my PS4.

I think I found a fix to being able to get onto games on PSN. You want to pretty much, restore licenses, turn your PS5 off, clear cache, turn PS5 off again and rebuild database, and it works, with the new update applied still. I have been able to connect to FFXIV anyway.

I played gta online after the update a few hours back, but i wanted to boost something, and one of the boosters had this problem,  so i searched it up and saw lots of people had this problem, but i don't? That's weird

14 minutes ago, DEMON said:

I think I found a fix to being able to get onto games on PSN. You want to pretty much, restore licenses, turn your PS5 off, clear cache, turn PS5 off again and rebuild database, and it works, with the new update applied still. I have been able to connect to FFXIV anyway.

I think it is just back online. Turned my PS5 on and I'm able to start Fall Guys matches.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NewDust said:

I think it is just back online. Turned my PS5 on and I'm able to start Fall Guys matches.

That's good, either way it wasn't working for me until I did those steps, so if people are still having problems, it's worth it to put out there.

25 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Small update, Legend of Dragoon plays fine on my PS2. You guys may want to check it out while PSN is having issues.

Oh cool pls send over your ps2 and the game then i'll check it out despite that the network error seems to be fixed :) how long does a package to Germany needs? If it takes more than a day i'll be back to Fall Guys ;)

Seems to be back on. I'm able to upload/download saves from the cloud. Returnal and GTA Online works.

Edited by Ghost

3 hours ago, DEMON said:

that sucks. Sony is working on it though so it may be quick fix (couple hours).

I was using the co op with a friend but i think i only have 1 mission left that actually has co op enabled. 

8 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

that sucks. Sony is working on it though so it may be quick fix (couple hours).

I was using the co op with a friend but i think i only have 1 mission left that actually has co op enabled. 

I think they’ve since fixed it for the most part, but would be nice if they could do a big update without breaking shit just once.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MidnightDragon said:

I think they’ve since fixed it for the most part, but would be nice if they could do a big update without breaking shit just once.

yeah i just randomly googled it, its working now. Im not at home to check yet but will be good to know its up and working except ps now.

Which funny enough everyone was counting it to be merged with psplus by now. Yet end of March.. here we are lol.

i still want folders and backgrounds 

• Like 1