Can't get final dlc cutscenes for "Find Release"

Rip113

Can anyone describe what you did to get the final cut scene? I have interacted with every object, killed the phase 3 boss multiple times, but I can't get any cutscenes in the hospital. I collected all the ciphers in case that was it and still no cutscene. 

Yes, I have gotten all the flowers and got the trophy for that. 

After you go back through the tower and beat the third boss again Selene should say something like "I have to go back to the hospital" and when you go there the door is open and then you just interact with the bed. Not sure what has gone wrong for you tbh, did you exit the game before the credits came up or anything like that?

Thank you, I must have a bug. The bed is empty and I can read a poem nearby, but I can't interact with the bed. Selene has also never said anything about going back to the hospital whenever I beat the 3rd 4th or 5th boss, so maybe I'm going too fast after the boss or something. 

I'll keep doing runs and hopefully figure out the trigger

That's a real nasty bug, I'm not sure if it's going to be recoverable ;(

You get all 6 Poppies, then ward opens, you go in and get cutscene with real skinny person on the bed.

After that all you have to do is beat Phase 3 boss, Selene will comment on hospital, then you can go back for final cutscene after interacting with the bed again.

If that last cutscene isn't happening after beating that Phase 3 boss, then looks like something bugged after the 6 Poppies cutscene and the game doesn't recognise that you have done it, well the trigger for the last sequence doesn't recognise it anyway.

If all else fails, you will have to delete ur save and then go and do DLC again unfortunately, will be hard though without permanent upgrades

RIP cycle 113

Edited by Optinooby

RiP113, I was wondering about how you ended the cycle once you beat the 3-20 boss after doing Hospital Sequence 3 (6xPoppies scene)........????

Did you give the dialogue chance to play where Selene comments on returning to the Hospital or did you restart cycle as soon as the boss died and so maybe got no dialogue??

I was just thinking maybe you have to give the dialogue chance to trigger otherwise Hosp Seq 4 (final) will not be triggered either....just a thought???

Edited by Optinooby

2 hours ago, Optinooby said:

RiP113, I was wondering about how you ended the cycle once you beat the 3-20 boss after doing Hospital Sequence 3 (6xPoppies scene)........????

Did you give the dialogue chance to play where Selene comments on returning to the Hospital or did you restart cycle as soon as the boss died and so maybe got no dialogue??

I was just thinking maybe you have to give the dialogue chance to trigger otherwise Hosp Seq 4 (final) will not be triggered either....just a thought???

That's a good hypothesis and I appreciate you thinking of my issue. However, after the 6x poppies scene I went all the way to phase 5 with Selene not saying anything after I defeated the third boss. I did this because I was unsure if restarting could impact anything since for the poppy runs I had some sort of confirmation that I could reset, but didn't get anything after defeating the third boss.

I've defeated the third boss a bunch more times and still can't get it to trigger. However, fascinatingly enough, after one of the deep runs the child picture in the hospital changed. I'm not sure what triggered it, but I know it changed because Selene said something after reading it, whereas she normally doesn't say anything if you've already looked at an object.

At this point I'm going to wait for the next patch and hope that the devs know of this issue. Hopefully I'm not the only one facing this issue!

Edit: Just found a video showing the ending here: 

When I go into the room the first time whenever I got back to the hospital sequence, it always does the bass drop that's shown in the video, Selene even said the first time that "mother saved all her smiles for Helios." It's just that there's no prompt on the bed. I've tried pressing triangle without the prompt but it doesn't do anything. Frustrating bug to an awesome game!

Edited by Rip113
  • Like 1

Very unfortunate bug mate, really does sound like its proper bugged for ya ;(

I just did 100% again today on another account trying to work out the finer details (exactly when stuff unlocks, needs doing etc) and it all worked fine.

You could try tweeting them going on their discord, they have a bug report thread on there I think

19 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Very unfortunate bug mate, really does sound like its proper bugged for ya ;(

I just did 100% again today on another account trying to work out the finer details (exactly when stuff unlocks, needs doing etc) and it all worked fine.

You could try tweeting them going on their discord, they have a bug report thread on there I think

Thank you for pointing me to their discord! I found there how to submit a bug report and the devs were very quick to respond. They let me know of the requirements and I got the trophy now!

For anyone else that can't get the final cutscene to work, there is a requirement of having done all the house sequences first. Go back to the normal game and go after the houses until Selene mentions it's the last time she's going to enter the house. Then go kill the third phase boss and she'll mention the hospital. Restart then and you'll be able to interact with the bed!

I had my ps5 give the white light of death after a power surge and although I had the platnium, the latest save I had backed up didn't have all of the house sequences done.

Edited by Rip113
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Rip113 said:

Thank you for pointing me to their discord! I found there how to submit a bug report and the devs were very quick to respond. They let me know of the requirements and I got the trophy now!

For anyone else that can't get the final cutscene to work, there is a requirement of having done all the house sequences first. Go back to the normal game and go after the houses until Selene mentions it's the last time she's going to enter the house. Then go kill the third phase boss and she'll mention the hospital. Restart then and you'll be able to interact with the bed!

I had my ps5 give the white light of death after a power surge and although I had the platnium, the latest save I had backed up didn't have all of the house sequences done.

Wow, thanks for the update mate, that would have been quite hard to work out!! Guess it makes sense as otherwise the story could be spoilt before you even finish the main game!