PS5 Software Update March 23 2022 ERROR!

zorba-da-greek

Hey guys.

I need some help! ?

I installed the latest software update. The system restarted and everything was fine. I then proceeded to play Hades. I earned the final trophy I needed and popped the Platinum! The trophies appeared in my notifications and then they suddenly disappeared ? 

I still have the video clips that show me earning the trophies but I have no trophies! I synced with the Playstation Network but nothing. I went into Hades and went out but nothing. I shut down my PS5 and switched it back on but nothing.

What do I do?? ?

Don't worry about it for now, crap like this happens every time there is a system update for everything. The trophies have to synch to the PSN and they can't right now cause Sony is dumb when it comes to patches. Either the network will sort itself out or there will be another update patch. In the mean time, don't worry too hard about it, just play your games and remember to backup your saves.

4 hours ago, NewDust said:

Nothing to do with the update, sometimes on PS5 the trophy sync lags. If you put your PS5 in offline mode, you'll see your misding trophies as earned. It will take a few hours, but should sort itself out automatically.

While it's true there is documented trophy lag on the PS5, the error as described by zorba is due to the update. It's being mirrored across...pretty much everywhere. This is also a common occurrence with previous patches going back to the PS3 days. In any case, more caution is better than less caution, so no harms in backing up saves for safety and then going into sleep mode for a while.

I had similar thing on Army Of Two The 40TH Day on PS3 years ago and trophy popped on screen saying I earned for beating whole game on hard but trophy never showed on my list even after trying on a fresh save, different console and even solo and coop but trophy never did show again.

hope you get your Hades though.