Mandatory Trophy Thoughts Topic

Smashero

Ok, so this time I will start ;).

The list looks really easy, similar to standard "Borderlands" title, but it seems that this time we are missing trophies related to each class and their specific skills.
Also wondering what "Chaos levels" will be.  I hope not something like bloody Coliseum from B1, but maybe it will be something similar,

since (I am guessing you will have to do  "Chaos Chamber runs" - maybe some randomly generated dungeons?).

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

These videos explain everything :):

There are 3 difficulty levels in the game but from my understanding, you can do everything on the lowest one.

Yeah. I tried to avoid spoilers (as usual), so didn't even know about such system, thanks :].

1 hour ago, arcanehornet_ said:

The lack of the usual “discover 100% of every location” trophy is refreshing.

Those trophies are nothing but a curse on humanity

Came here to say this. Gearbox's inability to make their stupid "find all locations" trophies work right is shameful. They chose the right course. Less work for everybody!

• Like 3

I've been thrilled for this game and even more now that the trophy list is out. This is a pretty refreshing list from Gearbox, so far though, as we know they have a tendency to shoot themselves in the foot.

As for which class to play first, I'm just going to pick the first option and work my way down the list haha.

• Like 1

Love this list! It looks like they're really putting in effort into the end game, turning BL into a shooter Diablo with the dungeons and difficulty levels. I can only assume Chaos levels will be similar to mayhem levels in BL3 but gated. So like you'll have to be able to clear Chaos Dungeon lvl1 to unlock lvl2, so on and so fourth. Also no class or location related trophies, beautiful.

This is going to be a blast.

Edited by Skurkitty
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, theSpirae said:

Shouldn't the exploration itself and discovering new things within the game encourage players to do so? If the main encouragement is popping a trophy...

Eh, im a busy man i like to streamline my experiences. I don't find any enjoyment in spending 20 minutes running to the edge of a map to see if anything's there just to find that there isn't. Trophies are a nice nudge in the direction of worthwhile content.

People love to act like popping a trophy is a silly motivation but really it's no different to a quest or story, i guarantee there's plenty of games or areas of games you wouldn't play if there weren't missions to guide you through your objectives, the satisfaction of completion, loot, lore, story or other incentives to do so.

Trophies are just a different form of motivation to explore those aspects for those that appreciate it. Nothing wrong with that.

None of this is aimed at Tiny Tina's Wonderlands specifically though. Just really don't understand the judgement people get sometimes for enjoying popping trophies.

• Like 3