Is this game worth it?

Yoraei

Well i Platted the game because...someone loan it to me..but as someone that Platted all of them since farcry 3...This is the worse by far. The story its boring and ends with no twist or actually choices like the prior ones...the map looks the same in its entirety and One trophy that you need to wait 3 weeks to complete...and you can ONLY do it after finishing the story its just a nono...and even worse...its bugged ( a made a post here on a working workaround on This fórum).

If like me you just like to plat This games go for it...but i still think that its 2 expensive for what it offers.

I still Think that farcry 5 its still the best One in my opinion.

I personally dont care for 100% a game and the DLC seems meh at best. Buy the normal version on discount if you dont care for 100% as i dont.

Edited by kusuriuriPT
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Yoraei said:

It's currently 50% off for the Gold Edition and should I pick it up? is the game and the DLCs worth it?

I loved it as i have done with them all since far cry 3. I just wish the season pass would go on sale so i can finish it off.

If you have liked the previous entrys i would say go for it. Its always a easy and fun play

5 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

I loved it as i have done with them all since far cry 3. I just wish the season pass would go on sale so i can finish it off.

If you have liked the previous entrys i would say go for it. Its always a easy and fun play

It’s on sale now (at least in NA).

For the game, for some reason it had not grabbed me.  I still enjoy it well enough but I have taken long breaks from it.  Far Cry 3 is still the crown jewel for me and I liked FC5 a lot too.  FC4 was strong enough but not my favorite.  

I think once I get more into the story/progression of FF6, it will hook me more.  So far, I’ve been doing more open world activities and the open world is not as good as say FC3.

• Like 1

As a long time fan of the series, I'm gonna say no. I've enjoyed pretty much every entry in the series a lot, up until this one. I don't usually get tired of the 'Ubisoft open-world formula', but this game just didn't give me the same enjoyment the previous games in the series did. The story is boring, the open world is extremely uninteresting and feels less alive than FC5 for example. The gameplay also had a number of flaws that weren't present in the previous game, but that might have been fixed by now (haven't played this recently). If you're a huge fan of the series, you might wanna pick this one up, but even then you'll probably be left disappointed. If you're not really big on this series (yet), just pick up FC3, 4 or 5 if you're interested in giving the series a go.

EDIT: I should note that I haven't finished this game yet, I dropped it a few months ago. I did, however, play for at least 10+ hours and got a good feel for the game and its open world. I was incredibly disappointed when this came out.

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 2

If you played any of the past 3 Far Cry's, it's basically exactly the same as those just with a different setting and different cast of characters. Nothing much else is any different from past Far Cry's. They're all essentially the same game. 

The real question is whether or not the season pass is worth the extra money and I would say no to that. The DLC is pretty weak and not worth playing IMO so you can save $20-$25 right there and just get the base game (which is only like $22 on Amazon right now) unless you're worried about 100% completion then yeah, you may as well get the gold edition. $50 is not that terrible of a price I guess for this game plus all DLC if the DLC was actually any good which it's not but that's ultimately your decision to make. The base game for $25 or so is definitely worth it. 

I know the FC and anti-FC communities are very divisive on this game, but I absolutely loved it.  Played 2 & 3 pretty hard, but had skipped everything since.

Graphics, tropical Cuban setting, and art style are great.  Each little area is honestly pretty unique and detailed.  Gunplay and stealth are above adequate.  Some characters are memorable, some annoying; such is life, but it's a humorous game overall that you probably aren't playing for it's ground-breaking narrative and political analysis.  My only real complaint I can remember was that the gun menu, inventory, and upgrade system are pretty bad.  Takes a while to learn and get all your guns set up with ammo types for different scenarios and swapping them out sucks.

Plat experience is very well rounded and natural without too many collectibles. There is the one painful trophy with the insurgent leaders.  Killing the leader and reloading the save 3x worked for me, and I'd recommend that method as the other one changing dates will break your game.  100% completion is probably miserable looking at the requirements.

Played with a random online (no mic) for the co-op trophy and we ended up staying together for like four hours taking bases and doing hoodrat shit.  It was a ton of fun; reminded me a lot of playing Mercenaries 2 with the homies back in the day.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought it for 15 bucks on Mercari. I enjoyed it. Smooth graphics and gunplay on Ps5. I mean its the same formula over and over. Played every iteration except for FC2. Every FC based on my experience sucks in the beginning when youre underpowered but once you get stronger and you learn the basics and the best guns in the game - it becomes a fun experience. Its fun blasting through tons of enemies, blowing their heads off like they're nothing. Its an easy enough platinum. One I hated the most was Far Cry Primal. F*ck that game. If you hate the story, just skip the cutscenes.. problem solved. 

I guess for 50% off it’s not bad, but honestly I’d skip it. I really enjoyed FC5/New Dawn and was so disappointed by 6. This was way more similar to FC4 to me, and I hated that one too ? the map is pretty cool, but the story itself is incredibly bland. The characters are forgettable too (minus Chorizo the lil pupperino on wheels) which makes it really difficult to actually get invested in the game. I haven’t even finished it yet 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...