PS4 to PS5 autopop

It's hard to say how it will go, because the BL games are infamous for their buggy and unreliable cross-saves which either pop some trophies, most of the trophies or none at all, depending on how they're feeling that day. Even if it works, there are no guarantees as to which trophies will decide to pop and if the save will be borked afterwards so you can't earn any more trophies with it.

• Like 1

The official FAQ says:

Q: Will Tiny Tina's Wonderlands support cross-gen saves?

A: Tiny Tina's Wonderlands allows you to transfer a save file from PlayStation®4 to PlayStation®5; once transferred, this process cannot be reversed and the save file will no longer be accessible on PlayStation®4.

Q: Are there separate Trophies or Achievements for current-gen consoles versus new-gen consoles?

A: No, the same Trophies and Achievements exist on both current and new-gen consoles. Your Trophies/Achievements from current-gen will transfer to new-gen platforms within the same console family.

But we'll surely have to see how it really works in the end ?

Yeah one-way like I figured. And that second part seems a little confusing in the wording… The way I’m reading that is they’re saying they are not separate stacks but… pretty sure they are. So that seems confusing.

Edited by Veritas7Ax
  • Like 1

I think what the meant to say is “there are different stacks for PS4 and PS5, but in terms of trophies they are identical”. It will be interesting if it is really true that a save transferred from PS4 to PS5 cannot be used anymore on PS4 even after re-download from the cloud, and how this “your trophies will transfer” part will work. Don’t have my copy yet to check myself :(

According to PowerPyx guide, there is no auto pop and everything needs to be done again. 

PS4/PS5 Autopop & Save Transfer: Save Transfer works from PS4 to PS5 only (not from PS5 to PS4), can upload save in title screen of PS4 version and download it in title screen of PS5 version. No autopop for trophies, must replay the game to pop the trophies.”

Edited by pennywise247
  • Like 2

/edit 04.04.

Nothing autopopped for me and the game seems to rely on its ingame challenge checks..

A reason could be that by playing the PS4 trough BC on PS5 you'll get a msg that there was an error dowloading the cloud uploaded save, if it detects your physical ps4 save.. using the "load character" function resulted in zero autopops.

Guess uploading to shift cloud, deleting physical save and downloading to PS5 version gets some trophies to autopop as the user @Borkinian has stated.

So if you transfer a character that has the challenge completed for either Chaos Level 10 or 20 unlocked you can't redo it with that hero cause its already done.

Your best option is to backup before unlocking 10/20 and play that on PS5 to save time. Same thing seems to apply to trading, as I had to create a new char to get that trophy to pop..

Another big letdown is the save transfer:

It won't transfer your myth ranks [they're at ZERO points/xp...] nor your unlocked buffs (overworld shrines or collectibles) - and you can't even redo/reactivate the shrines since they're already done².. (guess both of these mechanics are accountwide stuff and can't be transferred, but still meh)

Edited by imh007

10 hours ago, PortaLuna said:

@Borkinian thanks for the info. So is the save a local PS4 save or some cloud system? The FAQ says you won't be able to use the save after you transfer to PS5 so I am confused.

It's a cloud system built into the game.  On PS4 you have the option to upload a character and on PS5 that option is replaced with download a character.  The good thing is when you upload a character, it stays on your ps4 as well and you can upload the same character multiple times (as long as you delete the character on your PS5 if you've downloaded them before).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just tried and I got level 10,20,30 trophies and some missions trophies.
Didnt get: trophy for money when I have more than enough. 
Picking up a scroll.
All online trophies.
Chaos levels. 
Dont know about all side quests got a few left to do still. 

I need to start another character and playthrough the story again it seems. 

edit: got all side missions trophy. When I uploaded save I made sure I had a mission left that way it would update the challenge, If youre wanting all side quest missions to pop twice leave 1 mission to do.

Edited by GhostBusters_23
new info

I'm not sure how this process works? I finished PS4 version (sans one DLC trophy) and I figured I'd just see what autopops and just start a new file anyway to try out new classes. I upload my file from PS4, but when downloading on PS5, it says "failed". When I go to "Load Character" I can access my character that way. When I load into the game though, it doesn't seem like any trophies pop at all? I know a lot will not pop anyway, but I figured uploading my PS4 save would at least give a few.

6 hours ago, Veritas7Ax said:

I'm not sure how this process works? I finished PS4 version (sans one DLC trophy) and I figured I'd just see what autopops and just start a new file anyway to try out new classes. I upload my file from PS4, but when downloading on PS5, it says "failed". When I go to "Load Character" I can access my character that way. When I load into the game though, it doesn't seem like any trophies pop at all? I know a lot will not pop anyway, but I figured uploading my PS4 save would at least give a few.

Just like BL3, cross-save is buggy and unreliable for this game so either some trophies will pop, a lot will pop or nothing will happen at all - unfortunately you seem to have fallen into the third category, which means having to redo everything from scratch :(.

15 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Just like BL3, cross-save is buggy and unreliable for this game so either some trophies will pop, a lot will pop or nothing will happen at all - unfortunately you seem to have fallen into the third category, which means having to redo everything from scratch :(.

Oh well. No big deal. Was hoping it would save me a tiny fragment of time, like redoing side missions, etc. But I knew I'd still have to replay most of it anyway, so I'm doing just that.

8 hours ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Are there any PS5 to PS4 autopops?

Nope, this game doesn't support 2-way cross-save, only 1 way from the PS4 => PS5. There are very few games that allow 2-way cross-save between the PS4 & PS5 and most are online only affairs like Fortnite and Destiny 2. AC Valhalla has 2-way cross save, as do the Nioh games but they are rare exceptions, not the rule. There are also plenty of games with no cross-save at all. The cross-save for the Borderlands games is often so borked, you're better off just redoing them from scratch anyway.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Like Veritas7Ax, I don't really understand how the safe transfer is supposed to work. There is the possibility to upload on PS4 and to download to PS5. This never worked for me, playing the PS4- and PS5-versions of the game on the same PS5 console. Maybe this system is only supposed to be used when playing on separate consoles. However, I could delete the PS5 savegame from the in-game UI of the PS5 version. Then the PS4 savegame showed up as read-only in the PS5 version and I could use this and continue from the local PS4 savegame. Myth ranks didn't work. I still had some (about level 15 in the end), but not all (about level 60-70 on the PS4 savegame in the end) of them on the PS5 savegame.

Trophywise, everything popped alright with strategic saving.

I am unsure how "Put the RNG in Orange" would have worked -- if you can pop it again on PS5 after importing a PS4 savegame that already has this; to avoid this problem, I continued with a savegame that didn't have the in-game achievement after getting this on the PS4 and then waited until it popped on PS5.

Edited by Hirnforscher
Clarification

• 1 month later...