Are there any missable trophies?

Eternal21

I'm on my first playthrough in chapter 15 on Normal. 

1. Can I just finish the story without worrying about trophies, and then complete them via chapter select or something? 

2. I know I will have to complete the game on Hard.  Does anything carry over from Normal, or is it a brand new fresh start?

Thanks.

EDIT:  Got the plat and 100% in DLC.  To answer the above questions.  Nothing is missable, and the worst that can happen is you having to replay a few chapters via chapter select.  Also everything carries through at all times.  The thread with boss videos on hard posted in one of the comments was very useful.  When going for DLC bosses I also found another youtube channel, with even more detailed walkthroughs (literally specifying each button press and command to issue and at what time), so between the two it was mostly a walk in the park.  Just make sure to fully upgrade your materia before attempting any of them:

Edited by Eternal21

I don't want to be rude, you don't look like the person who has been on this site since yesterday or has recently been collecting trophies. Why not take a look at the guide? All your answers are there. But basically the game has chapter select, and you may or may even have to go back to some chapters.

Link to guide : https://psnprofiles.com/guide/9997-final-fantasy-vii-remake-trophy-guide

Edited by SenpaiSlap
  • Like 2

The reason I'm asking is specifically because the roadmap is unclear.  It says it's 'recommended' to go after Discs and Outfits, but it's not stated what are the repercussions of not doing so on the first playthru.  It also does not address my 2nd part of the question regarding carry-over.

Everything carries over into Hard mode, basically playing on Hard isnt really a "New game+" either. It's been a while but i want to remember that you do Hard mode from chapter select and can do chapters basically in whatever order that you want.

Someone can correct me if Im wrong, been a while since I played.

All i can recommend however is to do basically everything (Max out characters, level up the correct materias etc) before tackling Hard, since it really is Hard. (No ethers etc so no easy way of restoring MP)

EDIT Quote from trophy guide:

You will have access to the Hard difficulty after completing the game on any difficulty: Classic, Easy, or Normal. It is not a regular second playthrough on a harder difficulty, but rather can be either played linearly from start to finish or by hand-picking chapters. It is pretty much the same story-wise as the normal playthrough, so cutscenes are totally skippable if you wish to finish this playthrough quicker.

From the pause menu, you can select "System" and then choose "Chapter Selection" and play levels on hard difficulty at any time in any order at your leisure after finishing the game for the first time. If you select "System", then "Play Log" from the pause menu, it will keep track of how many chapters you've completed on hard difficulty, but won't tell you exactly which chapters.

Edited by Misshandlad
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Misshandlad said:

All i can recommend however is to do basically everything (Max out characters, level up the correct materias etc) before tackling Hard, since it really is Hard. (No ethers etc so no easy way of restoring MP)

Thanks.  Can I just finish the story on Normal, and then grind my levels and materia via chapter select, before jumping into Hard?  In other words can you grind via Chapter Select?

13 hours ago, Eternal21 said:

Thanks.  Can I just finish the story on Normal, and then grind my levels and materia via chapter select, before jumping into Hard?  In other words can you grind via Chapter Select?

Optinooby made some very useful guides for leveling and the bosses on hard. Helped me a ton. This is for PS4 version but I don't doubt it will apply to the PS5 version. 

• Like 1

It's not like you have to create a new save, but if you for example miss one of the weapons that you have to steal, you'll have to play the whole chapter again and that could be a couple of hours of extra work. I was pretty annoyed by this when I was under the impression there wouldn't be highly missable items like that. In traditional JRPG-guides, having to beat the game to either unlock chapter select of ng+ for another chance at an item still counts as missable, but trophy guides are their own thing.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, TemplePilot said:

When you grab something like a disc via chapter select, do you have to finish the chapter for it to stick?  Or can you quit out immediately?

I am pretty sure you can just quit, same as when you grind your Materia.  The only time you need to get to the end of chapters is when you are trying to get all the dresses for Aerith.