Woohoo! Was hoping for this one!

UlvenFenrir

10 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

Hwaaaaah??? I figured this was another dumb, barely a game, game, like lizard lady or whatever.

Is it actually a good game? 

Very. Don't let the graphics fool you, it's an intentionally low-rez look meant to feel like an ancient video nasty slasher film from the 80s, it's one of the scarier titles that'll release this year.

4 hours ago, Alos88 said:

Very. Don't let the graphics fool you, it's an intentionally low-rez look meant to feel like an ancient video nasty slasher film from the 80s, it's one of the scarier titles that'll release this year.

Ok, well I just bought it, hope you're right. I'll report back in due time 

17 minutes ago, ChanelOberlin494 said:

For anyone playing. Word of warning. Trophies are badly glitched at the minute and I have no clue what’s causing it. Ridiculously annoying though. Just beat the game on Extreme with the Normal ending and the trophies never popped. Shame as it’s so damn difficult on Extreme too 

The first game they released for PS4 was pretty glitchy as well -- changing Controls in Settings didn't actually work, some trophies popped when you didn't actually do the thing the trophy asked you to do, kinda a mess. Not sure if they ever patched it (Murder House). Either way, this was a day one purchase, love Puppet Combo spookiness!

2 minutes ago, tranquility101 said:

The first game they released for PS4 was pretty glitchy as well -- changing Controls in Settings didn't actually work, some trophies popped when you didn't actually do the thing the trophy asked you to do, kinda a mess. Not sure if they ever patched it (Murder House). Either way, this was a day one purchase, love Puppet Combo spookiness!

I think I’ve figured out what causes the trophies to glitch.

If you get any ending or die so that the game ends it locks out trophies for future playthroughs.

So anytime you die you have to restart the entire game after closing the application. Worked for me so far. Only need two more endings, all of the notes and to die in the Intro now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChanelOberlin494 said:

If you get any ending or die so that the game ends it locks out trophies for future playthroughs.

So anytime you die you have to restart the entire game after closing the application. Worked for me so far. Only need two more endings, all of the notes and to die in the Intro now.

How hard is Extreme? I remember seeing CoryXKenshin playing it and it's like the one game he couldn't even beat on his first attempt.

2 hours ago, ChanelOberlin494 said:

Hm, that's weird. I started earlier and did the "die in intro" trophy (which also unlocked "die once" trophy) then restarted the game without closing it, got the "too scared" trophy for changing the settings AND the "barbed wire death" trophy. And I don't mean they just popped on their own, to be clear, I met the requirements.

So maybe just the ending trophies are glitched? Really sucks you had to find out via Extreme difficulty!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Alos88 said:

How hard is Extreme? I remember seeing CoryXKenshin playing it and it's like the one game he couldn't even beat on his first attempt.

It all depends on RNG with Nun spawns and also how well you know the game and can manage where items go. You have 3 lives, but she’s fast af so if she see’s you, you’re fucked.

Id say it’s a 4/10 Platinum overall. It takes some getting use to with the pathing and whatnot and what you actually gotta do. But once you know the basic progression route a playthrough can take 25-30 minutes. 

Getting the good ending isn’t easy without a guide etc. Luckily I’ve written what you gotta do for it in a separate post.

13 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

Hm, that's weird. I started earlier and did the "die in intro" trophy (which also unlocked "die once" trophy) then restarted the game without closing it, got the "too scared" trophy for changing the settings AND the "barbed wire death" trophy. And I don't mean they just popped on their own, to be clear, I met the requirements.

So maybe just the ending trophies are glitched? Really sucks you had to find out via Extreme difficulty!

Eh I did it again in about 20 minutes. Short game when you know what you’re doing. Very fun though 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back with my opinion of the game.

It's not good. It's not scary. You just fumble around trying to solve this maze of corridors and find items you need to progress (you can only carry three at a time). During this time, you are periodically interrupted by the stupid nun, who isn't scary, she just chases you and makes you take a detour from what you were trying to do. Or she kills you and you get to start back at the beginning of the hallways. 

I guess once I figure out where everything is and what to do exactly, it'll be a little better because I won't just simply be wasting my time. But it seems like some doors are locked sometimes but unlocked other times, and I'm not entirely sure, but items may spawn in different locations? Either way, this is a plat I will get just because I'm a dope who won't quit when it's not fun.

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/04/2022 at 11:30 PM, yowzagabowza said:

I'm back with my opinion of the game.

It's not good. It's not scary. You just fumble around trying to solve this maze of corridors and find items you need to progress (you can only carry three at a time). During this time, you are periodically interrupted by the stupid nun, who isn't scary, she just chases you and makes you take a detour from what you were trying to do. Or she kills you and you get to start back at the beginning of the hallways. 

I guess once I figure out where everything is and what to do exactly, it'll be a little better because I won't just simply be wasting my time. But it seems like some doors are locked sometimes but unlocked other times, and I'm not entirely sure, but items may spawn in different locations? Either way, this is a plat I will get just because I'm a dope who won't quit when it's not fun.

It's hard to explain, but I'll do my best:

There's no randomization outside of where the Nun will appear, and once you know what to grab and where to go you can fairly consistently outpace her too. A lot of the frustration come from how samey the areas look at first, and that's entirely by design. Whether it's scary or not is up for debate, but I enjoyed the juxaposition of complete silence and sudden nightmare noises as soon as she appears. It's also worth mentioning that you can tell she's nearby with the static that appears- hiding should work as long as you aren't seen first.
The three item inventory limit is bullshit, I'll give you that- especially given you need the lighter for a lot of it. It's also worth mentioning that it's priced much more fairly than most games- it knows it's short and low budget and the devs were very fair in that regard.

Edited by Alos88
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Alos88 said:

It's hard to explain, but I'll do my best:

There's no randomization outside of where the Nun will appear, and once you know what to grab and where to go you can fairly consistently outpace her too. A lot of the frustration come from how samey the areas look at first, and that's entirely by design. Whether it's scary or not is up for debate, but I enjoyed the juxaposition of complete silence and sudden nightmare noises as soon as she appears. It's also worth mentioning that you can tell she's nearby with the static that appears- hiding should work as long as you aren't seen first.
The three item inventory limit is bullshit, I'll give you that- especially given you need the lighter for a lot of it. It's also worth mentioning that it's priced much more fairly than most games- it knows it's short and low budget and the devs were very fair in that regard.

Thanks for the tips. I know I can hide when the static appears, but then I'm just laying under a bed, no getting anything done, haha. 

But some doors definitely are locked unless the nun goes through them first. The first time I realized this was in the large room directly adjacent to the kitchen with the scale. I had dropped in from the vents and was trapped with nowhere to go. I just had to wait for the stupid nun to kill me. On a different playthrough, the nun came through one of the doors and I was able to escape. 

Anyway, this game is definitely more aggravation than it's worth.

• Like 1

Yeah personally I'd just go with a youtube video and learn the routes myself, the game is a lot of trial and error and only really gets fun once you've got it all down. It's a weird style, I've not seen horror games go for this type of repetition before